2015 Junior Worlds Pairs Free Skate | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2015 Junior Worlds Pairs Free Skate

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Yu/Jin was great but she needs to learn to emote better. As I was watching them I felt sensed his expressions while she was more of a blank page and it distracted me a little from their actual skating. They're still young so they have time to work on it and once she learns how to come out of her shell a little better then :love:

phangsang

Spectator
Y/J were obviously great as well but I'm still against junior teams that have gone to the GPF going to JW

It just occurs to me that it's possible Yu/Jin were sent to JW, not only because of P/T return but, because China want to retain their three spots for the next JGP season. Looking at this past and previous JGP seasons (2012/2013 and 2013/2014), other Chinese junior pairs did not have promising results. In fact, there was no Chinese junior pair competing this season at all (http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2014/jgpspairs.htm).

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
It does not look there would be any single eligible team coming out next year either. I guess the 3 spots will be completely wasted. There is just a lack of skaters in China, in all disciplines.
It just occurs to me that it's possible Yu/Jin were sent to JW, not only because of P/T return but, because China want to retain their three spots for the next JGP season. Looking at this past and previous JGP seasons (2012/2013 and 2013/2014), other Chinese junior pairs did not have promising results. In fact, there was no Chinese junior pair competing this season at all (http://www.isuresults.com/events/jgp2014/jgpspairs.htm).

Meoima

Match Penalty
It does not look there would be any single eligible team coming out next year either. I guess the 3 spots will be completely wasted. There is just a lack of skaters in China, in all disciplines.
Yeah but Chinese pairs tend to skate together for very very long. now they have Sui/Han and Yu/Jin who are the future for the next 8 or even 12 years. By that time hopefully they have develop other good young pairs for the next generation as well. I love Chinese pairs. ;)

May

Rinkside
It's a great competition. Really glad Yu & Jin will this again. Still I like all the top three teams, they all have their own style & personalities.

I think there will be some eligible Chinese teams next season, e.g. Sui & Yang who finished 4th at this year's Chinese Nations.

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Yeah, I'm sure many will disagree, but I think it's kind of lame. If I were in Y/J's position, of course I'd take the opportunity. But the fact that it's allowed is kind of weird. It feels a bit like the seniors popped in here out of nowhere to "steal" the gold medal. Again, not Y/J's fault at all, and on the other hand it's great that they still get to go to one form of Worlds despite the return of P/T. And hell, for Y/J, it ALSO feels like the seniors popped in out of nowhere, just in their case, it's to "steal" their spot on the World team. A weird situation is all.

At first I felt this way; I felt a little bad for Seguin/Bilodeau because that gold was easily theirs until it was announced that Yu/Jin would compete here. But after watching the competition I feel like it pushed them, in a great way. In the long run, good competition can probably only help them grow :) I agree with other posters in that I find these two so charming. I just smile when they're on the ice.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Since they will be seniors internationally next year, I wonder whether Seguin & Bilodeau will stick with the triple toe for their second throw, or whether they will train a different throw.

pandatours

On the Ice
Yu/Jin was great but she needs to learn to emote better. As I was watching them I felt sensed his expressions while she was more of a blank page and it distracted me a little from their actual skating. They're still young so they have time to work on it and once she learns how to come out of her shell a little better then :love:

IA, though I wonder if she's been feeling under the weather lately. She was wincing after the SP but didn't seem to be very physically injured. I felt like they've done better performances before

pandatours

On the Ice
At first I felt this way; I felt a little bad for Seguin/Bilodeau because that gold was easily theirs until it was announced that Yu/Jin would compete here. But after watching the competition I feel like it pushed them, in a great way. In the long run, good competition can probably only help them grow :) I agree with other posters in that I find these two so charming. I just smile when they're on the ice.

I love S/B too and I think they should be happy & proud even with silver because they get a chance to go to senior Worlds this season when Y/J don't so that will be a great experience to build on when they both compete in senior events next fall. It will be interesting to see if S/B remain the 3rd Canadian team when they move up to seniors or if MTM2.0 will fight back. I personally enjoy S/B more (though that may be a bit unfair given MTM2.0's only been together for less than a year), but they need to work on their speed. And Julianne needs to work on holding those lift positions a little bit more. But I'm so pleased with what they're doing and I hope they have a long career

xiangfuzi

On the Ice

There would be at least one pair who is sure to come out next season. Sui/Yang has showed a good level for seasons and she will finally meet the age for JGP in next season.
Moreover, China paired up six new pairs in last November. They were all eligible for Junior competition next season. As China has a mature training system for pairs, I believe some of them will be competitive next season if not all.