U.S. Figure Skater Hit by Car in Russia! | Golden Skate

U.S. Figure Skater Hit by Car in Russia!

visaliakid

Final Flight
Country
United-States
U.S. Figure Skater Josh Martin Victim of Hit and Run!

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040513/ap_on_sp_ot/fig_martin_injured_2

ST. PETERSBURG, Russia - U.S. figure skater Josh Martin was hit by a car while roller-blading on his way to practice, leaving him with a broken elbow and leg cuts.

The hit-and-run accident happened Wednesday in St. Petersburg as he was heading toward his training session with coach Tamara Moskvina, Martin said. He had surgery on his right elbow.

Martin and Janey Mayne won the silver medal in junior pairs at the U.S. nationals in 2002. He now has teamed with Yoko Kawaguchi of Japan for seniors competitions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visaliakid

Totally Kwantifiable!

Yipes, the Americans do need a good Pairs team and we know how well Moskvina trains all Pairs - definite Podium@

Hope Josh is able to do something while the bone knits.

Joe

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Joe, my guess is that they would probably skate for Japan, as it's easier in terms of citizenship. As to success... Moskvina had only limited success with Kawaguchi & Marguntsov, so I don't know how successful sh'e be with Kawaguchi & Martin. Kawaguchi, of course, has some of the best flexibility among pair skaters today.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Ptichka said:
Joe, my guess is that they would probably skate for Japan, as it's easier in terms of citizenship.

In the article, it states that they hope to represent Japan.