Boyang Jin | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

berry8

Final Flight
Chinese Championship FS
https://youtu.be/et6-PYDiQu0

Up to now this probably is his cleanest FP !!
All jumps are fine apart from 4S landing! :)

His 4Lz is stunning as usual.
Hope Jin is training hard to improve SS: he is the only man in the field who consistently lands 3 different quadruples but his skating is so slow and his edge are not that deep.
Hope he will have a superb performance at WC though:D

s_parks

Record Breaker
He shows a strong willingness to improve(which is primarily why I became a fan), so the CSA needs to respond with some more funding for him to get training and choreo overseas!

Franklin99

Medalist
Chinese Championship FS
https://youtu.be/et6-PYDiQu0

Up to now this probably is his cleanest FP !!
All jumps are fine apart from 4S landing! :)

His 4Lz is stunning as usual.
Hope Jin is training hard to improve SS: he is the only man in the field who consistently lands 3 different quadruples but his skating is so slow and his edge are not that deep.
Hope he will have a superb performance at WC though:D

He shows a strong willingness to improve(which is primarily why I became a fan), so the CSA needs to respond with some more funding for him to get training and choreo overseas!

Judging from his SP improvement between COC and NHK, I have faith that Jin will only get better. And let's hope the CSA do the smart thing and support him.

Last edited:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Documentary on Boyang. Wish it had english subtitles but nevertheless a very interesting watch! He seems like a great kid.

He is a simple quiet kid who is most excited when on ice. It seems other than skating and video games, and perhaps his pets also, nothing matters much to him. He has to try to recall where he won each of his medals, and he has no expectation at competitions. Winning Junior Worlds means the most to him though he was surprised, thinking, "How did I get to win first place?" and same surprise and thought about winning 2nd place at his first senior Nationals. :laugh: He is described as younger at heart than his age and I think that is a great state of mind at competitions, not thinking too much, no expectation and no pressure. Let things unfold and accept them. :agree:

eta: Love the scene when he shows up at the rink and all the kids rush to their hero, shouting, "Boyang Gege(big brother), show us your quads, show us your quads!"

Last edited:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
He is a simple quiet kid who is most excited when on ice. It seems other than skating and video games, and perhaps his pets also, nothing matters much to him. He has to try to recall where he won each of his medals, and he has no expectation at competitions. Winning Junior Worlds means the most to him though he was surprised, thinking, "How did I get to win first place?" and same surprise and thought about winning 2nd place at his first senior Nationals. :laugh: He is described as younger at heart than his age and I think that is a great state of mind at competitions, not thinking too much, no expectation and no pressure. Let things unfold and accept them. :agree:

eta: Love the scene when he shows up at the rink and all the kids rush to their hero, shouting, "Boyang Gege(big brother), show us your quads, show us your quads!"

^^ Thank you for the translation. I wish I could meet him too.

kaarle

Rinkside
He has to try to recall where he won each of his medals, and he has no expectation at competitions. Winning Junior Worlds means the most to him though he was surprised, thinking, "How did I get to win first place?"

Just a slight correction. He was talking about JGPF. He never won junior worlds.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Just a slight correction. He was talking about JGPF. He never won junior worlds.

Thanks for the correction. I was trying to give the gist of the video through recalling it.

Boyang just seems happy to skate, without being overly concerned with competitions and his placements in them. When asked, he did cite standing on the Olympic podium as his aspiration. Also, he is a natural talent for jumps, not without practice but he gets them much faster than others. He amazed everybody :jaw: when he decided to go for the 4Lz and landed it after a couple of attempts.

Last edited:

m0001

On the Ice
Boyang is coming to Lori Nichol for his new program in May.
Welcome to Canada Boyang!

andyjo24

Medalist

Nice! I'm interested to see his artistic development! He definitely has the talent; he just needs the right choreographic vehicles to show the judges that he is not a purely technical skater.

But before that, I'm excited to see him in Boston.

Franklin99

Medalist
Congrats to Boyang for successful landing four quads and two 3A (with only a slight step out on his second 3A) in his LP at the 13th Chinese National Winter Games for a score of 196+. And with him going to Lori Nichols next season, which will definitely help his weak artistry, 300+ total score is looking more and more likely.

His LP: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/o1j2g0Qi-S8/

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

I hope Lori will give Boyang much better programs than she did Han Yan. Actually, I was hoping he will be sent to Tom Dickson who puts emphasis on dance and skating skills (an advocate of school figures), areas that Boyang can improve on.
I just see so much potential in him.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I hope Lori will give Boyang much better programs than she did Han Yan. Actually, I was hoping he will be sent to Tom Dickson who puts emphasis on dance and skating skills (an advocate of school figures), areas that Boyang can improve on.
I just see so much potential in him.

Too bad the csa always does a package deal when it comes to choreography. It's like nichols/wilson or bust for them, lol.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^^ Dont know who will CSA send Han to. maybe Wilson this time. or as a whole package with Boyang.
CSA send no1 to Lori, NO2 to David, now that Han is no2, and Boyang is no1.