2015 World Pairs Free Skate March 26 | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2015 World Pairs Free Skate March 26

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Still crying over K/S actually:cry:
ugh poor bbs & poor us sad SPb citizens
It would be a dream come true if both P/T & K/S were on the podium together.
at least we will see them @ the Gala:bow: Thats who actually can make even Carmen exciting!

good i will watch chan forever except the sotchi trainwreck
haha Chan along with Lysachek are the most boring men for me:laugh2:
but thats why i like to read forums & opinions different to mine

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
V/T will be back. Technically they don't have to upgrade much, as their components will still carry them. In fact, they could keep their current layout and still win based on the components. Plus, D/R components will probably decrease a bit (as they should) when they do come back so...

wallylutz

Medalist
V/T will be back. Technically they don't have to upgrade much, as their components will still carry them. In fact, they could keep their current layout and still win based on the components. Plus, D/R components will probably decrease a bit (as they should) when they do come back so...

That is doubtful. The assumption that one team's PCS will change because somebody else comes back implies that the award of PCS is a relative measure that is not based on merits but mostly on reputation. There is no basis to such assumption other than pure speculation. The trend in Pairs Skating at the moment is an emphasis on technical difficulty. Those who can only do the easiest Triples may find themselves out of favor with the judges. When that happens, it could even affect their PCS. See: Katerina Witt's return in 1994.

MaxSwagg

Match Penalty
That is doubtful. The assumption that one team's PCS will change because somebody else comes back implies that the award of PCS is a relative measure that is not based on merits but mostly on reputation. There is no basis to such assumption other than pure speculation. The trend in Pairs Skating at the moment is an emphasis on technical difficulty. Those who can only do the easiest Triples may find themselves out of favor with the judges. When that happens, it could even affect their PCS. See: Katerina Witt's return in 1994.

Disagree but we'll see just who's laughing in the end. Quite frankly, if D/R win it'll be solely because of the difficulty because their quality is certainly...pretty janky, to put it nicely. To go from S/S and V/T to them is...well, let's just say pairs was a sloppy snoozefest this season.

Last edited:

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I sincerely hope V/T will be back next season, present breathtaking artistry and beat D/R.
V/T have everything to do it: beauty of line and posture, technical quality in their elements. They only need good music and good choreo. I want to be reduced to tears by V/T.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Disagree but we'll see just who's laughing in the end. Quite frankly, if D/R win it'll be solely because of the difficulty because their quality is certainly...pretty janky, to put it nicely. To go from S/S and V/T to them is...well, let's just say pairs was a sloppy snoozefest this season.

Well we saw this season some lovely skates fromt he Chinese teams with artistry and content as well as Kavaguti and Smirnov. I would say if we were fair and consistent and this is my opinion then the logic is more should be upset about Evan win who doesn't have artistry or tech (quads0 at the olympics. What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Ice Diva

On the Ice
I sincerely hope V/T will be back next season, present breathtaking artistry and beat D/R.
V/T have everything to do it: beauty of line and posture, technical quality in their elements. They only need good music and good choreo. I want to be reduced to tears by V/T.

Yes, V/T are breathtaking, especially her. Too bad Maxim's cry-baby, tantrum antics & dissing of competitors really tarnishes his reputation in many fans eyes. D/R may not have the level of artistry but they have amazing technical skills and are gracious and complimentary of all pairs teams ...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If anyone is interested I made a Remix video of the top four pairs only using FS footage.

http://youtu.be/vPT4m8pFFXA

I posted this in another thread but it seems relevant here too. :)

If you have any pairs suggestions for slow motion editing please join in and post on THIS THREAD.

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sui and Han look to be the new favourites. They are the team to beat it would appear after WTT and they have the tes and pcs.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Sui and Han look to be the new favourites. They are the team to beat it would appear after WTT and they have the tes and pcs.

Sorry, but no. I think to have to be the new favourites, they would actually have to win a competition. They certainly beat D/R fair and square in the WTT SP, but were narrowly defeated in the LP (still won on total score and had slightly higher PCS in the LP though). And that's just one "win" (at a fun competition, no less), and depended on errors from D/R... it would be like saying Kavaguti and Smirnov were the team to beat after they defeated S/K at Euros.

I think S/H are amazing, but they're not yet at a point where they can make a couple errors and still win like D/R and S/K. For that reason, I wouldn't consider them the team to beat. I am, however, very glad that they're finally getting credit from the judges for the quality of their programs and not just the quality of their elements.

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

I don't think D/R's components will be scaled back. But V/T can put whatever program they want out there with errors and still easily defeat the field. They're the D/W and V/M of pairs.

I really hope they up their technical game though, even if they don't need to. Of course, in any of the singles/pairs disciplines I never really say somebody is a 100% sure bet when they've had a season off and it's hard to see what shape they're in. But the field has certainly gotten stronger, and it won't be as much of a cake walk for V/T to win every event as it was in the past (the margin of victory will most certainly be narrower).

Last edited: