Wakaba Higuchi | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

Meoima

Match Penalty
From the practice video the 3Lo is fully rotated. If she does both 3lz3Lo and 3lz3T then it will be huge score. 3A she doesn't need right now but once she turn senior she will need it since all the girls are announcing about it.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I remember seeing another japanese junior doing a back ended 3Lo in competition but it was 1/2 under. Was that Wakaba or Yuna? :confused:

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
I remember seeing another japanese junior doing a back ended 3Lo in competition but it was 1/2 under. Was that Wakaba or Yuna? :confused:

It's Yuna. I've always wondered Yuna's 3Lz-3Lo is the driving force for Wakaba to go after that combination. Yuna once won over Wakaba in FS last season in a local competition. (Interestingly, Yuna has not yet developed a combination with 3T...)

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Wakababy's solo 3LO is very strong! that's for sure. I think the 3lz-3lo is fully rotated in the video, but question is not whether she has the capability to fully rotate the combo or not, it is how judges judge...

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Wakababy's solo 3LO is very strong! that's for sure. I think the 3lz-3lo is fully rotated in the video, but question is not whether she has the capability to fully rotate the combo or not, it is how judges judge...

I agree, solo 3Lo is very strong! Where is the video? I want to see it!! :yay:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Beautiful! I love the comparison with the past two Olympic champions. :D

As a side note, do the judges ever downgrade for pre-rotation, for loop combos, especially for 3(something)-3loop?
I heard before, probably 2010 cycle, there is some emphasize one -3loop pre-rotate. seems, nowadays, just the landing....
but there is a lot of room for manipulation in pre-rotate in terms of -3loop jump.
To absolutely make it clean, no pre, I would like to see a sure ride out of the first jump. like Caroline/Tara or some men's case.
but the reality maybe that, the calls will be given out mostly at Judges will.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Wakababy's interview about Yuzuru:biggrin:
"... I have the impression that Hanyu-senshu never fails. He’s a skater who can do any difficult element right away. I think that’s amazing. And, he’s really thin. I’m jealous. I actually slept through and missed his performance when he won the gold medal at Sochi since it was midnight…… But I did watch the medal ceremony on TV. Seeing Hanyu-senshu looking so happy made me want to work hard so I can go to the Olympics too!

I also want him to teach me how he can do his performances without getting so nervous, and I want to ask how he can always do the same stable skating! "

Meoima

Match Penalty
Oh Wakababy, you're perfect your way, no need to get jealous over the thinnest guy in the skating world.

mikaboo

Medalist
Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I really, really loved Wakaba's performance. She ooozes star quality. She makes me smile and bounce up and down as I watch her. :points:

Pika

Final Flight
I like this new program ! It's fresh, full of energy, and she's having fun. + the unusual layout . I'm looking forward to seeing it polished in competition !

gotoschool

Medalist
I don't know if this has been posted because I can't open daily motion in my present location, but here is Wakaba's program in Dreams on Ice. To me, it is so nice!

She has improved her step sequences, musicality and flair. There is more connection between the movements in her upper and lower body so that she moves in unison to the music with more fluidity and fire and she projects a lot of emotion to the audience. She definitely has a showiness to her skating and her beautiful red costume really brings extra vitality. As usual, her jumps and skating skills are simply gorgeous, the combination of power, speed, excellent height, and quick symmetrical rotation is marvelous, especially this early in the season. I hope she is able to get a Biellmann and or a triple axel one day and maintain a bit more speed through her spins, since her skating skills are so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rLtNmHX3G4

jkun

Final Flight
I like this new program ! It's fresh, full of energy, and she's having fun. + the unusual layout . I'm looking forward to seeing it polished in competition !

The program is fun and fits her age and style I think. I'm not really a fan of the layout. It's as bad as a front loaded short program. I wish we could see more programs like Yuna's Tango de Roxanne...