Wakaba Higuchi | Page 93 | Golden Skate

Wakaba Higuchi

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Happy birthday to Wakaba!! She is turning 18, I can't believe how time flies!

sakurano

Final Flight
Today is the anniversary of our incredible Wakaband, I wish her a happy birthday and that 2019 year she can heal and be in good shape.

Thanks for the news it's very interesting, it misses a lot, but I was happy to see it at the national

sakurano

Final Flight
Happy birthday to Wakaba!! She is turning 18, I can't believe how time flies!

yes it's true it will be four years now, almost five that I follow his career, it has changed a lot since his performance at the World 2014 at the gala, I remember thinking that it was incredible to have continued his performance despite the stop of the music at age 13 she was already a real pro. When I look at her old performance I always have a big smile, and now that she wants to discover and learn new things I am only admiring, that's why sometimes I'm hard with her, I really liked to see it evolve and despite the bad luck of this year and some of its old competitions, she knew how to give the best of herself without ever giving up. I remember his Shérazade of the 2016/2017 season and his Wakabond last year.

I do not know if it is clear what I say because I have difficulty expressing myself

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
yes it's true it will be four years now, almost five that I follow his career, it has changed a lot since his performance at the World 2014 at the gala, I remember thinking that it was incredible to have continued his performance despite the stop of the music at age 13 she was already a real pro. When I look at her old performance I always have a big smile, and now that she wants to discover and learn new things I am only admiring, that's why sometimes I'm hard with her, I really liked to see it evolve and despite the bad luck of this year and some of its old competitions, she knew how to give the best of herself without ever giving up. I remember his Shérazade of the 2016/2017 season and his Wakabond last year.

I do not know if it is clear what I say because I have difficulty expressing myself

I really appreciated reading your longer perspective and memories; I have only known to follow her skating since 2016. Wasn't Scheherazade beautiful! and last year her Wakabond ( Skyfall?) was both beautiful and powerful - they are still my favorites. I wish her health and happiness in her skating for years to come. And your English is great - infinitely better than my French - I wouldn't dare!

I love this Scheherazde (WTT) & her joy afterwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZRSejBRH8

sakurano

Final Flight
I really appreciated reading your longer perspective and memories; I have only known to follow her skating since 2016. Wasn't Scheherazade beautiful! and last year her Wakabond ( Skyfall?) was both beautiful and powerful - they are still my favorites. I wish her health and happiness in her skating for years to come. And your English is great - infinitely better than my French - I wouldn't dare!

I love this Scheherazde (WTT) & her joy afterwards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRZRSejBRH8

Thanks to the time when I started to follow her she had very little fan and now thanks to her efforts she began to increase her power.
yes it's great performance, its joy and its pains are communicative there are few skaters like that.

thank you but I use google translation my english is not elaborate enough to be able to use it

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Yes there are few skaters like that, aren't there. Still, sometimes magic - absolute magic - happens, sometimes like lightning striking. Rarely the entire program, more often (in my humble experience) suddenly part-way through. The arena knows! The audience is on its feet at the end without even thinking about it! Much harder to see on video, but even then it can shine through.

MedoLove

On the Ice
Happy birthday, Wakaba! I wish you much prosperity and health !! I just saw the nationals of Japan and confirmed that Waka's SP is my favorite of the season! When I saw it for the first time it was so strange and now I love it, I can't stop watching it.:luv17:

Wombat1800

On the Ice
Happy belated 18th birthday Wakaba!!! I hope your injuries can fully heal and you can find success on and off the ice this year.

sakurano

Final Flight
Yes there are few skaters like that, aren't there. Still, sometimes magic - absolute magic - happens, sometimes like lightning striking. Rarely the entire program, more often (in my humble experience) suddenly part-way through. The arena knows! The audience is on its feet at the end without even thinking about it! Much harder to see on video, but even then it can shine through.

this is one of my goals to see his skating in real life, I asked people on this forum who saw this in real and all say the same thing.

https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1082453727254990848

Wakaba will perform next week end, I hope there will be a performance difusée, hoping she redo WakaJackson.
The positive side is that it is a sign that since the national she has recovered completely from her injury.
https://twitter.com/Benoitrichaud/status/1082578930857664513

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Wakaba have an assignement for challenge cup. Nice to see that her season is not over.

sakurano

Final Flight
Wakaba have an assignement for challenge cup. Nice to see that her season is not over.

I'm happy for her it'll be the third time she participates in the challengeE Cup, it's a competition that succeeded him well.
I wish her two successful programs she can be proud of.
She is facing Rika Kihira my two favorite skater with Satoko, it will be a big competition.

It seems she has to skate his EX program on Micheal Jackson. I hope she has fun and that she does not force too much. She missed me so it's a joy to learn that we will be able to see her again without waiting for the summer.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
On the website there seems to be a placeholder for a livestream:

http://https://www.schaatsen.nl/kalender/2019/2/challenge-cup-en/#!#entriesresults

Do you have any update on her participation?

Challenge Cup always has free livestream. :)
Wakaba is still on the participants list as of February 14, so should be there. I hope she will do as well as last year here, she seemed very much at ease at the CC, running and working out in between the audience’s seats and in the corridor behind the seats. ;-)

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Anticipating the reports of wakaba at challenge cup! Glad to see her season isn't over.