2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Worlds Men Free Skate March 28

s_parks

Record Breaker
Well, since Kozuka skated last in his group in the short... hopefully we'll see him skate strong going early. Lighting a bonfire for him; candles are clearly not enough.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
javier is after yuzuru again and he will be all alone at K&C :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Well we will see three of them in a row as Mura (#2), Lee (#3) and Martinez (#4) are all skating to POTO. :p At least we get most of them out of the way early?

At the beginning of the Season I liked POTO...but now :hopelessness:
Well, if you are going to use a war-horse, GO TO WAR! :cheer:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That first warm up group is going to be like compulsory dances, all done to the same music :laugh2:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Better question is. What dance style would have POTO as its soundtrack? :laugh2:

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
certainly not nan song… federations should follow results at nationals.. it never goes well when they send others… i have many examples… cynthia phaneuf was sent to juniors instead of worlds… mistake. plushenko going to sotchi, nagasu being denied… now boyang… i am sure there are tons of other cases… what people may not get is that not only the one who isn't chosen loses but the one who is selected out of turn must endure huge pressure.
let's see how many people can overpass Boyang's TES of 90.81 :popcorn:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That first warm up group is going to be like compulsory dances, all done to the same music :laugh2:

Let's see if anyone twizzles.

On a brighter note, they do appear to have avoided Les Miz and Swan Lake entirely. There's always next year. :unsure:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
certainly not nan song… federations should follow results at nationals.. it never goes well when they send others… i have many examples… cynthia phaneuf was sent to juniors instead of worlds… mistake. plushenko going to sotchi, nagasu being denied… now boyang… i am sure there are tons of other cases… what people may not get is that not only the one who isn't chosen loses but the one who is selected out of turn must endure huge pressure.

I do see the frustration on your examples but I think Boyang competing only in JW was for the best. Even if he was slated to compete in Shanghai, he would still be placed lower plus he would also be facing the crazy home pressure. Besides, Boyang is quite inconsistent as well. He can challenge people with his TES if he skates clean (which is rare!) but if not, down he goes from the list. Also, a better placement is a good confidence for the next year.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
never saw him skate … all good points :)
I do see the frustration on your examples but I think Boyang competing only in JW was for the best. Even if he was slated to compete in Shanghai, he would still be placed lower plus he would also be facing the crazy home pressure. Besides, Boyang is quite inconsistent as well. He can challenge people with his TES if he skates clean (which is rare!) but if not, down he goes from the list. Also, a better placement is a good confidence for the next year.

krispy

Rinkside

Sorry but your examples are not that good for example Phanuef would have not placed higher than Robinson in at worlds given how well skated that event was and Phanuef having a difficult time at worlds and never placed in the top 12. Plashenko still helped his country win gold and no way would Nagasu have done any better than Wagner at the Olympics and probably would have done away worse given her track record. Same for Jin he's not consistent either and who knows if he could have qualified considering he never skated Seniors internationally.

jkun

Final Flight
AHAHAHAHAHA. Just took a look at the list. 3 phantoms in a row, 5 phantoms total. The audience is gonna be sick of it by the time this event ends. Those who were happy about no phantom in the sp....prepare yourselves.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Sorry but your examples are not that good for example Phanuef would have not placed higher than Robinson in at worlds given how well skated that event was and Phanuef having a difficult time at worlds and never placed in the top 12. Plashenko still helped his country win gold and no way would Nagasu have done any better than Wagner at the Olympics and probably would have done away worse given her track record. Same for Jin he's not consistent either and who knows if he could have qualified considering he never skated Seniors internationally.
Phaneuf has placed as high as 5th in the worlds… within about 1 point or 2 from bronze won by lepisto… (let's not talk about Robinson LOL) i think you also didn't read fully what I am saying… NOT only it's unfair to the skaters who should have been going due to their results at nationals BUT IT ALSO puts a lot of pressure on the skaters who get selected without truly earning it… In the end, Wagner didn't medal, (not saying Nagasu would have) and there was no men for Russia when plushenko withdrew… So whatever ;)

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I guess I'll watch Kozuka and then just turn the volume down for the next few programs :laugh: (although I think MCM's POTO is a slight step up from the other two).