Dream Podium/Wishes: 2015 Worlds | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Dream Podium/Wishes: 2015 Worlds

peg

Medalist
Amen!

Noticing that many of you want Josh Farris to get on the podium. Would be nice but let's hope his goal of Top 5 will be realized. I think it's doable.

I definitely think top 5 is more realistic, but this thread is about dreams and wishes, and really, 5th is not that far from 3rd, and ice is slippery, so... ;)

Dance - W/P will most likely win with C/B in 2nd and Shibs in 3rd.

Since you're doing how you think it will play out instead of dreams/wishes, do you really think Shibs will beat P/C, who won Euros with a score second to only W/P this season? Shibs PB is almost 10 points shy of that. Of course ice is slippery, but it seems to be somewhat less so or ID ;)

randomfan

Record Breaker
Best of luck to Denis, Yuzuru and Han!

For ladies...
1. If Liza is doing multiple 3A, then I wish that at least one of them are clean.
2. Ashley to really sell her programs.
3. Top 10 finish for So Youn, Zijun and Kanako.
4. Elena to not end her clean FS in a row streak.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
We could see 6 countries, Kazakhstan, Spain, Japan, Russia, USA and China all send 3 skaters each. Which i don't know if it would be awesome or a nightmare. And again, assuming I have not missed some loop hole.

They only get to send 3 if they have 3 skaters that meet the minimum TES...so for example, Spain only was able to send Fernandez this year and had to sacrifice a spot because the #2 man, Javier Raya didn't meet the minimum (even though he did something like 4 competitions in the past month trying to qualify). Sounds nice but it wouldn't really make a big difference, I'm afraid.

I do wish the minimum TES would be lowered slightly for men, since there are only 30 men going this year, and 36 ladies.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
First off in general:
1.) Everybody to be and stay healthy
2.) A great event overall with lots of amazing skates :cheer:
3.) Lots of smiles an happy faces in the K'n'C!

And more specifically...
4.) Yuzuru to be healthy and end his relatively bad season with a great event. I can't imagine him falling off the podium, but I hope he manages to put out 2 skates that he can be proud of more than getting a good placement (and if he skates really well, he'll very likely win anyway...)
5.) Jason and Joshua to have tons of fun at their first worlds, keeping the 3 spots for US and cementing their status at the front of US mens skating. A medal for Josh would also be really nice (and it's not even that unrealistic)
6.) Hanee to have a great, great hometown event, get lots cheers and support and maybe a medal too.
7.) Javi to finally have a great competition this season, and especially a clean and lights-out SP (for fangirly-purposes). And to also get a medal (which means I want 4 medals... most important wish: to be able to hand out more medals).
8.) Kanako to have a great comeback!
9.) Russian sweep for the ladies! I love Liza and Elena, and Anna P. deserves some more respect.
10.) Weaver/Poje to finally win worlds and do so with great performances.
11.) Pang/Tong to get another world medal at their hometown event!
12.) Sui/Han to land their big stuff and also get a medal
13.) The ShibSibs to skate well, be all happy and smily and give us some great videos from this event :biggrin:

I'm pretty greedy, but hey, you asked... :biggrin:

PorcoPlane

Rinkside
Men: My wish is Denis Ten on the podium. I think he will not be in his best form, so it would be great if he got on the podium. Of course, I could be wrong, and he can win if Yuzuru, Javi and others fall, but I would like to see guys skate their maximum. And I hope that Amodio don't be disaster, Kozuka show best skates in his life, and Rippon jump cleanly his quad-lutz.

Ladies: I wish that Zijun Li enough for the whole free skate, Ashley Wagner skates like on the Nats and Edmunds skates like on the 4CC. O, and So Youn Park in the top 10 again.

Pairs: Pang/Tong on the podium or win. Also wish victory for Kavaguti/Smirnov. Peng/Zhang or Sui/Han on the podium too. And good luck for Iliushechkina/Moscovitch, Seguin/Bilodeau and Marchei/Hotarek on their first world championship.

Dance: I wish Weaver/Poje and Shibs to be on the podium.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay!

Men: I honestly don't care about results, but I want Hanyu, Ten, Fernandez, Mura, Farris, Kozuka, Brown, Rippon, Nyugen, Ge.... ect.... to all be awesome!

Ladies: Lena and Liza top 2, Miyahara or Wagner 3rd, Murakami to do well, HJ to make the top 10.... ect.

Everything else I'm apathetic towards.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
My ONE dream...is to see Kozuka do 2 perfect programs and get on the podium again...because this will probably be his last worlds. :drama:

Wait, I tell a lie, there are so many more wishes than that.
My dream podium would be Kozuka, Yuzu, Farris, AND Yuzu, Fernandez, Brezina AND ...etc.

Last edited:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Since you're doing how you think it will play out instead of dreams/wishes, do you really think Shibs will beat P/C, who won Euros with a score second to only W/P this season? Shibs PB is almost 10 points shy of that. Of course ice is slippery, but it seems to be somewhat less so or ID

I had P/C in fourth in my mind - they are a beautiful pair to watch too. I think in this case, wanting the Shibs in 3rd is more of my wish, lol. I just think they've been killing it all season (especially compared to last year) and their short dance is the best I've ever seen them.

alia jackson

Record Breaker
My wish is similar to Li'Kitsu...for Yuzuru to be healthy, have a skate that he is satisfied with and to see him smiling (especially with zero skating/health info on him after the surgery & ankle injury).

Other wishes
Kanako to have a skate of her life
Japan to keep 3 spots
Yuzu to dance in gala with Radionova, Zijun or Kanako...:love:
Everyone to have a great skate
Smiley fun podium like GPF

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Liza and Elena TOP2!
Anna have a clean skate and then it is up to the judges.

I/Z to have two clean performances and TOP4 finish after SD and TOP6 finish overall!

Florencito

Medalist
Men

1) Javier (but please, skate both programs well, don't really care for the medal!)
2-3) Any combination of Rippon, Farris and Kozuka woulbd be good. Even Ten and Brezina. Obviously Hanyu will rain on my parade :sarcasm:

Ladies
1) Empress Liza
2) Queen Lena
3) Princess Zijun

and Wagner first among the US ladies, please. Then hope for some good shows from Kiira, Mae, Elena, Giada and Angelina!

Pairs

1) Kavaguti/Smirnov
2) Sui/Han
3) Pang/Tong

D/R will obviously pull a Hanyu :sarcasm:

Ice Dance

1) Papadakis/Cizeron
2) Hurtado/Diaz
3) Weaver/Poje

Also I'd love to see US H/D top their teammates and hope for good showings from the Danes, the Slovaks, the Hungarians and both British couples, so unlucky in Stockholm!

Fer

On the Ice
Men
Yuzuru
Javier
Joshua/Jason/Adam

Ladies
Don't really care

Pairs
Pang/Tong

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'd like to see Denis Ten win the gold. I think he's spectacular. Josh Farris making the podium would be a great rags-to-riches story. I do not care if neither Hanyu nor Fernadez make the podium.

I'd like to see Ashley on the podium, but that is based on my admiration of her forthrightness in addressing her technical issues than my being in love with her skating. I'm not in love with any of the ladies' skating this season.

For Ice Dance, I wouldn't mind if W/P won, but that is more a nod to their consistency over the years and regret at their narrow loss last year than anything else. I actually think P/C have the best programs this year, but not so much that I'd cry "robbed" if they don't win. I suppose C/B on the podium would be nice since it would continue a streak of American medalists, but in my heart I like the Shibs more, especially their SD this season.

In pairs, D/R absolutely deserve the title, and I hope they win it. Their style is not my favorite, but they have changed the game with their technical prowess and consistency, and that should be recognized. It's not like anyone else is a G/G styled pair anyway.

I hope the Americans land their quad twist, since maybe that would kickstart an American presence in pairs that has been lacking for way too many years.

Looking back over my "dream" it seems the only two skaters I'm deeply enamored with at the moment are Ten and Farris.

Poice

Final Flight
Men: I want to see great skate from Yuzuru. This season is so difficult for him :hopelessness: I also want Brzezina on podium! (I can dream, right?)
Ladies: Tuktamysheva with 3A wins gold! Li Zijun to get to top 5. Kanako to redeem herself with two clean performances.
Pairs: Kavaguti/Smirnov win gold :cheer: Silver for Sui/Han.
Dance: Gold and silver for W/P and P/C. Kaliszek/Spodirev to get to top 10!

peg

Medalist
I had P/C in fourth in my mind - they are a beautiful pair to watch too. I think in this case, wanting the Shibs in 3rd is more of my wish, lol. I just think they've been killing it all season (especially compared to last year) and their short dance is the best I've ever seen them.

Fair enough :)

Rissa

Record Breaker
Girl can dream, right? So:

Anna Pogorilaya in the top 2 with Elizaveta. No chance in hell, but I love Anna. And I second this:

Li Zijun to get to top 5. Kanako to redeem herself with two clean performances.

Yuzuru for the win because I love his skating and programs. Together with Javier and Denis Ten, especially Denis Ten. They're my dream podium. (Yuzuru winning is a bit unrealistic at this point, I think, but I'll keep my fingers crossed.)

Papadakis/Cizeron for the win because I'm in love with their FD. Then Weaver/Poje and I have no preference as to the 3rd place. But I second this:

Kaliszek/Spodirev to get to top 10!

Last edited:

rosacotton

Final Flight
Right on, rosacotton! I agree totally with your picks for pairs and ice dance. I would just insert Grace where you have Ashley and Adam Rippon instead of Voronov. Oh, if dreams could come true!

Nice to know I'm not the only one dreaming of Javi and the Shibs winning world titles!! :yes: