2015 World's Practice Reports | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 World's Practice Reports

Lipea

Final Flight
Ashley looks like she is poised for Gold. I believe she can do it. She looks powerful and confident. The russian ladies look blah. Radionova does not have the polish, finish or power of Gracie when she is on or Ashley. Anna looks a bit frail. Liza is okay but no fire in the practices from what I have seen and what my friend who is there says.
There is no need to "fire" or poise for gold on the practice. Indeed, it is better for one to reserve herself emotionally during practice to be able to show fire on the actual performance. Otherwise, it can burn out before that.
Saying that, I really wish Ashley a podium place.

SomethingWitty

Rinkside
So I only eventually managed to get to the men's practice this evening, but I did get to see most of the main contenders.

The Twitter reports are pretty accurate for Hanyu, some falls on quad attempts, but equally as many well-executed ones.
Kozuka didn't do any jumps in his run through, but there were some lovely jumps afterwards - the ones I caught were mostly 3As. (And some spectacular falls, he definitely gets the prize for best falls :p).
It was my first time seeing these skaters skate live, and the difference in SS of Hanyu and Kozuka compared to the rest of their warm up group really stood out to me.
Mura - Opening 4T attempt, 2ft, and I think tripled (but I'm not entirely sure - I was a bit busy being annoyed at the people in front of me blocking my view and too distracted taking photos of Yuzuru standing at the boards to notice that anyone else was on the ice...), nice 3A, stuck a combination on to his last jump, almost fell out of it.
Fernandez - Nice opening jump and combination (I didn't write down what they were at the time so I can't remember, but I assume 4S, 3Lz-3T), somehow nearly managed to fall going into a spin, step out of 3A (possibly 2ft, can't remember).

If anyone has Team Australia practice reports - Brendan or Brooklee or both - I would be most grateful. :love:

Kerry - Fell on opening quad attempt (tripled iirc), then didn't attempt any other jumps in the run-through, but I saw some nice jumps afterwards. (Particularly 3A, I think). I enjoyed his performance.

And because he impressed me, I wrote down that Alexei Bychenko had a lovely 3A and 4T, and a good combination (3F-3T, I think).

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Thank you SomethingWitty for your report!
It really is different seeing it live. When I went to a World Championships, I thought the top guys went so fast! They were like sharks! The difference is very noticeable. Please continue to give mention to anyone that stands out to you. :cheer:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has anyone seen Eveline Brunner practicing? Hoping the best for her first WC's experience:cheer2:

NaVi

Medalist
I'm a little skeptical of AntonioThunderhunter's practice reports...

1. There's no photos of Radionova coming from the wires while there are many of Liza and Pogorilaya... I find that weird... nothing is being said about her searching her name in japanese(except a couple people wondering about her) on twitter or on the local Chinese message board I'm reading.
2. Radionova in an interview said that ... ""In Shanghai, we set off on March 23 in the evening - explained Elena Radionova. - We fly as usual, two days before the performance. The first day - to get used to the situation, the second - the training, and after that go on the ice in the tournament. "
http://www.allsportinfo.ru/index.php?id=91130
IF she was at that practice then she just got off he plane.
3. Pogorilaya looked great in her practice run... completed all her jumps cleanly and no travelling in her spins.
4. Also, a Japanese outlet reported that Liza did perform a clean 3A.

QuadThrow

Medalist
i havent seen anyone posted this so here it is, Pang/Tong new SP, i liked it but when i first saw their LP this season i was so amazed by it, and new sp feels similar thats why it didnt have that same magical effect on me :hopelessness: maybe it will be better when they perform it tomorrow:cheer:

I am not sure, if this will be enough to receive a medal-position. And with a mistake at the sbs teoloops their will be no chance.

donezo

On the Ice
Satoko is just one of many girls who should be nervous about Amano. I really think Liza is the only lady with nothing to fear, only because her jump technique is impeccable. As long as he is consistent, I don't mind that he is harsh.

LRK

Record Breaker
:disapp: I don't know should I admire Shin Amano or dislike him.

You could do both? :)

You can dislike what you see as undue harshness - but admire him for being the Seagreen Incorruptible. ;)