2015 World's Practice Reports | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2015 World's Practice Reports

KweenAsada

On the Ice
There is no need to "fire" or poise for gold on the practice. Indeed, it is better for one to reserve herself emotionally during practice to be able to show fire on the actual performance. Otherwise, it can burn out before that.
Saying that, I really wish Ashley a podium place.

If she had done a triple/double people would say that she wasn't ready. Poor Ashley is damned if she does and damned if doesn't.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
They do, but even the skater with the right of way has to exercise some degree of common sense, don't you think?

Which could include hollering "behind you" and making eye contact. Which looks like could have happened. They saw each other, they got close, but again they knew where they other one was.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sorry I definitely have missed something. Where is the jumpamatron video you are talking about?

Here - it was the first video Sam posted in her Jumpamatron thread, Satoko's massively pre-rotated 3F.

So Youn is in Wagner's practice groups, it looked like Ashley almost skated into her (while actually seeing her, since she was looking in that direction??? Uhhmm): http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/7iyL0OG9w64/?FR=LIAN

I know Ashley is the favoured punching bag for ladies, and So Youn is some kind of super-protected species, but I'm not about to let this slide. Ashley's music = Ashley's right of way and So Youn knows that - or should, at this level! It was her job to get out of Ashley's way; Ashley shouldn't have to do anything, she should be able to expect that So Youn will get out of her way.

At any rate, I didn't see any particularly close shaves.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I know Ashley is the favoured punching bag for ladies, and So Youn is some kind of super-protected species, but I'm not about to let this slide. Ashley's music = Ashley's right of way and So Youn knows that - or should, at this level! It was her job to get out of Ashley's way; Ashley shouldn't have to do anything, she should be able to expect that So Youn will get out of her way.
Agree... And nevertheless there was no collision so they did adjust it well. No big deal.

Still this situation seems familiar... some years ago...:think:

theskatingbutterfly

On the Ice

At any rate, I didn't see any particularly close shaves.

As a figure skater, this is SO TRUE. Even at local rinks around the world - if someone is skating to their music, you get out of their way. No questions asked. They have the right of way, and they should not have to do a thing to get out of your way. It bothers me that people think it's Ashley being mean.

Last edited:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As a figure skater, this is SO TRUE. Even at local rinks around the world - if someone is skating to their music, you get out of their way. No questions asked. They have the right of way, and they should not have to do a think to get out of your way. It bothers me that people think it's Ashley being mean.

Yeah. And I'm a cheerleader and I'm VERY claustraphobic when it comes to tumbling. Like even if there's 10 feet all the way around me, I still feel like it's too close when I'm tumbling.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Yeah. And I'm a cheerleader and I'm VERY claustraphobic when it comes to tumbling. Like even if there's 10 feet all the way around me, I still feel like it's too close when I'm tumbling.
Another person (skater) who agrees with all his heart here :cheer2:

nocturnalis

Medalist
As a figure skater, this is SO TRUE. Even at local rinks around the world - if someone is skating to their music, you get out of their way. No questions asked. They have the right of way, and they should not have to do a thing to get out of your way. It bothers me that people think it's Ashley being mean.
I remember during Tessa and Scott's show, Scott was pissed (and rightly so) that someone nearly collided with him and Tessa at TEB (?). As Scott said, when it's someone else's music, you get the **** out the way.

jcoates

Medalist
I remember during Tessa and Scott's show, Scott was pissed (and rightly so) that someone nearly collided with him and Tessa at TEB (?). As Scott said, when it's someone else's music, you get the **** out the way.

Funny enough, I believe those skaters were actually Papadakis and Cizeron.

UnsaneLily87

On the Ice

I have memories of running (okay, skating very quickly) away from Deanna Stellato when her music was playing. Ah, the good old days!