2015 World Team Trophy countries announced | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy countries announced

jace93

On the Ice
How has Russia not been more successful at this event?! Did they just not send their top skaters or...

well at the time Russian ladies weren't still as strong as now, men were even more in a pinch then now and ice dance was rebuilding... with their current team they will probably place better

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Seems that Team USA skaters have been informed of their WTT assignments ... altho' no USFS announcement yet, AFAIK.

If Google Translate is reliable, Scimeca/Knierim have tweeted that they are excited to come to Japan for WTT.

@Scimeca_Knierim
私たちは、世界チームトロフィーのために日本に来てとても興奮している!
1:17 AM - 30 Mar 2015
https://twitter.com/Scimeca_Knierim/status/582456540419866625

[A change in tone from Alexa's more cautious comment earlier in Shanghai: "We’re hoping we will be selected."]

Last edited:

LisaM

Medalist
Radionova said she will prepare for WTT, but it was unclear to me whether it means that she is going or if it means that she is ready to go if Tuk declines.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Radionova said she will prepare for WTT, but it was unclear to me whether it means that she is going or if it means that she is ready to go if Tuk declines.

FYI:
Two ladies from each country compete at WTT.
Two men.
One dance couple.
One pair.​

alia jackson

Record Breaker
I saw somewhere in this forum the Russian team announcement...if I recalled correctly definitely Liza, Radionova, Kovtun, Voronov are selected.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I saw somewhere in this forum the Russian team announcement...if I recalled correctly definitely Liza, Radionova, Kovtun, Voronov are selected.

Yesterday, gallavich accidentally posted in error that the Russian team had been announced.
gallavich her-/himself later noted that a misunderstanding of a media article caused the incorrect GS post.

Since then, have we had any official definitive word from the Russian fed itself?

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I always get a chuckle out of how obviously Japan set it up so they could actually win, by having more singles skaters than pairs/dance, but I do enjoy this comp, so I can let that slide.

Well, they are dishing out $1 million dollars in prize money for these skaters so I don't think anyone really cares about that. :laugh:

Sophie-Anna

Medalist
I think JSF might not care much about podium at WTT. The competition is viewed as a post World skating festival after all. As long as Hanyu is there, fans will buy the tickets. As long as the arena is full, JSF will be happy.

In the previous years Hanyu did not compete there and the arena was still full. But there was Mao Asada and Daisuke. However I think arena would be full in Japan even without these three. After all, there will be some world class figure skaters and Japanese are super supportive. I must say I really like this competition. It is a great way to end a season. It is after Wolrds, so I am not as nervous as usually and I can enjoy it much more.

caitie

Medalist
Well, they are dishing out $1 million dollars in prize money for these skaters so I don't think anyone really cares about that. :laugh:

I thought the money went to the federations? I was under the impression the skaters don't necessarily love this competition. I'm thinking of Scott in the k&c saying he hated the event back in 2012.

samson

Medalist
^It's a great final chance to see elite competition for the season. I'm sure they'll have a fine time filling that arena in Japan.

However, I'm sure the JSF had a huge sigh of relief when Satoko won the silver medal at worlds. Not only does it probably help fill the void of Mao just a little bit, it's also gotta be great PR that one of the two unstoppable Russian women this year was topped at World Championships by Satoko.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I thought the money went to the federations? I was under the impression the skaters don't necessarily love this competition. I'm thinking of Scott in the k&c saying he hated the event back in 2012.

The skaters spilt the prize money, I believe. Each team gets a certain amount.

Skaters still hate it in spite of the cash purse.

Meoima

Match Penalty
You have to see PChiddy's expresion at WTT. And Scot ha ha. The season is very tiresome already. For example if you were Yuzuru Hanyu or Javi, do you want to force yourself into practice mood and keep shape for another competition which technically is just some kind of festival.

Last edited:

chloepoco

Medalist
Well those who have money and don't need the cash sometimes find it burdensome. Possible injuries, etc.

Well, that's a shame. As a viewer, I really enjoying watching WTT. I think it really highlights a skater's personality; it's fun watching them interact with their teammates, and everyone genuinely looks like they are enjoying themselves! (Except for the obvious, i.e., Scott, etc)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The skaters spilt the prize money, I believe. Each team gets a certain amount.

Skaters still hate it in spite of the cash purse.

I don't think Mrs. P means that ALL skaters hate it.

Or if you do, I disagree with you ;). Depends on the skater.