Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Team Russia Fan Page

0 Not allowed!
    Big surprise, the Russian Men flopped again. Hopefully the ladies can salvage a 2nd place, at least.

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabinfire View Post
    Big surprise, the Russian Men flopped again. Hopefully the ladies can salvage a 2nd place, at least.
    Dunno, the FS actually seemed ok - they pretty much did maybe not their best, but surely some good skate for them...
    Ladies and pairs can deffo salvage 2nd place =D

If FS for ladies and pairs go exactly the same way as the sp, team russia will have a 7 points advantage over the japanese, and this is definitely doable.
    1st place quite unlikely, unless american ladies meltdown.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by moriel View Post
    Dunno, the FS actually seemed ok - they pretty much did maybe not their best, but surely some good skate for them...
    Ladies and pairs can deffo salvage 2nd place =D

If FS for ladies and pairs go exactly the same way as the sp, team russia will have a 7 points advantage over the japanese, and this is definitely doable.
    1st place quite unlikely, unless american ladies meltdown.
    I am more positive toward our team and would state that Russia's winning over USA although hard is still much more likely than losing to Japan.
    Last edited by samkrut@mail.ru; 04-17-2015 at 01:02 PM.

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    I am more positive toward our team and would state that Russia's winning over USA although hard is still much more likely than losing to Japan.
    I think its possible to win over USA, but not very likely... So i rather expect a 2nd place which is still cool and less disapointment chances hehe

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    If only Sergei and Maxim were just slightly better in the SP, it would've been a win. *sigh* They were finally, finally fielding a strong team...

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    If only Sergei and Maxim were just slightly better in the SP, it would've been a win. *sigh* They were finally, finally fielding a strong team...
    next year shall be ok too =D
    the girls will be around, S/K in pairs, dance will likely be better and mens still the same

0 Not allowed!
    Russia can tie for first if Liza and Elena go 1-2 and Miyahara beats either of the American ladies.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Russia can tie for first if Liza and Elena go 1-2 and Miyahara beats either of the American ladies.
    thanks for doing the math for me
    * looks at your name *

0 Not allowed!
    That's actually a realistic possibility if you look at the season as a whole and how things ended at Worlds, but I doubt it will play out exactly that way at WTT.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Never thought I'd root for a Japanese lady (not named Mao Asada) over Ashley Wagner, but now I kinda do.

0 Not allowed!
    Umm... yeah... GO SATOKO!!! You rock those tiny jumps!

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    I don't think even Satoko can save Team Russia now...

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sabinfire View Post
    Sergei flopped with a season's best score? Not to belabor the point, but why do so many people on here constantly lump the "Russian men" together as if they are one person? I see nothing similar about them except their nationality.

0 Not allowed!
    In that case, I take back what I said and fall back to my original predictions... top 3 will be two Russians and Gracie Gold.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gallavich View Post
    Sergei flopped with a season's best score? Not to belabor the point, but why do so many people on here constantly lump the "Russian men" together as if they are one person? I see nothing similar about them except their nationality.
    This is WTT, everyone is getting SB scores.

I would imagine I am lumping the Russians together because this is a team event and a team Russia thread, not an individual skater's event.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    In the case of the LP, I agree. The men didn't flop, especially Sergei (Kovtun made more errors but I wouldn't call it a flop). The SP placements did them in though. As did K/S's placements in pairs (I love them, but it's the truth).

At this rate, Russia has more of a chance to lose to Japan than they do of winning against the US. I just hope for good skates from the girls, nevermind the team standings.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Because aside from jumps it doesn't seem like they focus on excelling in any other area. But why they get bad pcs is for two totally different reasons. Kovtun has no choreo or programs and being generous and not repeating slurs i will say voronov is exhibitiony far far too much.

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    A well deserved #2 =)

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats for the silver medal!!

0 Not allowed!
    Better than I expected going into today's events! 1 point out of first place! I blame Pairs, although looking at the overall scoring across disciplines, the men were the weakest link.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast