Team U.S.A Fan Page | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Team U.S.A Fan Page

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^
Thx for the heads-up on the Facebook album, Golden!

Photo of group bow very cute. But oh, Madi sweetie, when you decided to wear that micro mini, didn't you know you would need to bow? Way to do deep knee bends!:laugh2:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to wish all our Team USA wonderful skaters their best skates. I'm most looking forward to Ashley Wagner's, as I adore the Moulin Rouge program; and I feel it brings more emotion and intensity and artistry from her. Which are her strengths. I was at Greensboro for all the senior competitions, and her FS was the most thrilling skate of the whole week IMON. Audience surged to our feet whether we wanted to or not! LOL.(I did, but others I talked to, not so much.)

I feel very optimistic that this will be a great event. Maddie and Evan, and Jason are my other favorites. But I like Max too, and I think it's so great that our top men have such contrasting styles. Ladies too. I'll miss Max's curls, but his hair was so long on top at Nat'ls that it was a distraction when they flopped around. I'm thinking all our skaters will feel less pressure so it will be a fun event.

I've noticed that with the current crop of US competitors, especially with the men, there is such comaraderie and good feeling among them. (very unlike in other eras of the sport.) When the officia at Nat'lsl mistakenly gave Adam a bouquet first instead of Jason, Adam turned toward Jason and handed them to him. Jason and Josh have competed against each other for 10 years and are good friends. I loved seeing the tweet from Ricky Dornbush, whom I've loved since 2011 Greensboro and Sherlock Holmes. I think Ashley, Gracie, and Polina are showing signs of great team spirit too. Amid the healthy competition, of course.

I'm joining the tailgate party, BBQ and a nice wine. :) Not to slight anyone, all best to Gracie, Alexa and Chris too.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I will be tailgating with my dinner. Lasagne. And maybe a few squares of Turkish Delight.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thx; nice to see a long shot of the close-up from Golden411 of the USA board.

I like that Jason's smile is five times as big as everyone else's, and that he has an exclamation point; I also like the cats and hearts with Alexa and Chris. And of course the muscle boy Max that Golden has adopted as an avatar.

Still warming the veggie beer brats....

ETA: I was writing before Golden's post, but I think the comment still works. And those leggings on Alexa, (not Gracie, wrote in earlier post) duh!: wowza!

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I, for one, am very curious about Max's new short program. Max is is a muscular, athletic skater and Pavarotti's singing of Nessun Dorma is also quite muscular (in a good way). So it could be a great match.

Of course, for those of us in the US who must try desperately to stay awake for this comp, Nessun Dorma (no one shall sleep) has true meaning. ;)

Tavi...

Record Breaker

IleK

On the Ice
Go Gracie and Ashley! Time for revenge. I want to see two clean programs with two clean 3-3, ok?:)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Last edited:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So proud of our USA Ladies! Gracie was spectacular, back in top form, and Ashley certainly redeemed herself, SP-wise.

The great thing is that they just proved that the Russian teens are not invincible. They both have that as gut knowledge now, and can believe it.

QMATTERS

Rinkside
Just found out Jason did his job out there for the team. I'm happy. 😁 He got over 86 points for his SP.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Didn't realise Aaron's short was "Nessun Dorma",

Kinda makes me feel like his team's on Crack...

From "Footloose" to "Turandot" within a season

C'mon people i'm trying to root for this guy!

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Didn't realise Aaron's short was "Nessun Dorma",

Kinda makes me feel like his team's on Crack...

From "Footloose" to "Turandot" within a season

C'mon people i'm trying to root for this guy!

I think it's actually a better fit than Footloose. I thought Footloose would have been a great choice for Max, but he never eased into it. Nessun Dorma allows him to be more focused and serious. And he seems more musical to me here too. It's a beautiful, moving piece of music but it seemed like he responded to it.

I could be reading into things though :laugh: It's been a long season!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
If the singles skaters do their job the US has a great chance to win this.
they did and gold shall be USA:) The singles skaters did what they had to do. They beat the Russians or stayed with them. The men clobbered the Russians. While i am happy for Max and see what they are trying to make him more "traditionally" artistic I am not fully sold yet - I kind of now appreciate that Elvis Stoijko stayed true to himself despite the critics. I hope Liza T and Duhamel and Radford will not be bullied or pressured into conforming.

Ekm

On the Ice
they did and gold shall be USA:) The singles skaters did what they had to do. They beat the Russians or stayed with them. The men clobbered the Russians. While i am happy for Max and see what they are trying to make him more "traditionally" artistic I am not fully sold yet - I kind of now appreciate that Elvis Stoijko stayed true to himself despite the critics. I hope Liza T and Duhamel and Radford will not be bullied or pressured into conforming.

There is likely far less pressure for Liza and D&R to conform as regardless of whether they are traditionally artistic or not they garner high PCS scores, whereas Max does not hence the need for some kind of change.