World Team Trophy: Predictions Game Round 5 | Page 6 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy: Predictions Game Round 5

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Oh, but I do need to apologise. Not only had I not been looking at the WTT sub-forum since the WTT finished, but I was also committing the cardinal sin of not checking my e-mails. If I had been, this could have been sorted out a lot sooner.

But, it has now all been sorted. And I have now updated all the Hall of Fame tables (except for the Team column, but that should hopefully be filled in soon).

Without giving too much away, your name features very prominantly in the tables, YesWay ;) :biggrin:

Awww, thank you! :eek::

Hey, don't forget yourself and the other moderators, Doris!

Let's be blunt, if this forum was not as well run as it is, any attempt at a Game like this would be a disaster. So, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the moderators for the hard work they do in making this forum the success it is.

Also, may I thank our scorers:

satine94,
Rosacotton,
cjmorton29,
tulosai,
Li’Kitsu,
Guenever,
invisiblespiral,
Snow63

These are the people that deserve the credit for doing all the hard work scoring all the predictions for the past 2 Games. The niceties that I have been doing are just minor in comparison to what these guys and girls have done.

So, a massive THANK YOU from me goes to them.

Finally, thank you to everybody who took part in playing the Predictions Games. Put simply: without players, there would be no Game!

So, thank you everybody. It has been a pleasure.

CaroLiza_fan

:clap: [insert a huge bowing emoticon]! Thanks everyone! See u next season or somewhere around the GS postings. Caroliza_fan...u r in a class of your own with all your scorers! U all made figure skating worth so much and I learned so much as I tried to fill in my predictions. :clap:

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
Thanks CaroLiza_fan and all the other awesome scorers! Thank you for taking your time to do this! I can't believe that I got 2nd place twice :jaw: :jaw:

Too bad my ladies predictions were all over the place :bang: :confused2:

alebi

Medalist
Sorry, the scorer who was originally meant to do the Dance this time around was away the week after the WTT. So I asked the other Dance scorer to take over, and she was only too willing to help.

However, earlier this week, she sent me an e-mail saying that she is having major problems with her computer, and wouldn't be able to do it after all. Unfortunately, I have been pretty busy this week, and so haven't been checking my e-mails regularly. So, I only saw it last night.

So, I'm currently waiting for a reply from the original scorer to see if he is home and able to do it.

I am so sorry for the delay.

Incidentally, I don't know if anybody noticed, but the new players that joined the Game for Four Continents did not have their Men's scores filled in at the time. Basically, the scorer that week was so quick off the mark that she had the scores up before I even had the list of new players, never mind had the chance to put them into the spreadsheet!

Since then, I have tried through various methods to get in contact with her to let her know that she could now fill them in, but never got any reply.

Fortunately, the other Men's scorer very kindly offered to re-score the predictions that were outstanding, and they are now all in the spreadsheet. Consequently, I will now be able to fill in the outstanding scores in the Hall of Fame.

Now that I am not as busy, I'll try and get the tables updated by tonight.

CaroLiza_fan

sorry to hear, if I knew there were some problems I would have offered my help gladly! You know how much I LOVE this game!
Maybe next time you can post a message if you need an extra help :)

Hey, don't forget yourself and the other moderators, Doris!

Let's be blunt, if this forum was not as well run as it is, any attempt at a Game like this would be a disaster. So, I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the moderators for the hard work they do in making this forum the success it is.

Also, may I thank our scorers:

satine94,
Rosacotton,
cjmorton29,
tulosai,
Li’Kitsu,
Guenever,
invisiblespiral,
Snow63

These are the people that deserve the credit for doing all the hard work scoring all the predictions for the past 2 Games. The niceties that I have been doing are just minor in comparison to what these guys and girls have done.

So, a massive THANK YOU from me goes to them.

Finally, thank you to everybody who took part in playing the Predictions Games. Put simply: without players, there would be no Game!

So, thank you everybody. It has been a pleasure.

CaroLiza_fan

Thank you everyone for your great work all season long, your dedication is amazing!! And it's the secret of this game's success (even if this means next time you'll have even more scores to count :drama: :laugh: )

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
woot a gold!!!
Hi guys, Sorry for such delay. after I got Gordon's email I rushed here to score Ice Dance part of the event.

ICE DANCE Results

And here we go. Three people here have perfect score (90 points!).

1st Place: 4everchan, cjmorton29 and GF2445 - 90 points! Congratulations with your perfect score!:bow::clap:
2nd Place: SashaJuliaSpins, tastetherainbow9697, randomfan, inside edges, matmuh, Poice, sunny_stars, baymax24, surimi, lighthouse, CanadanSkaterGuy, Florencito and CaroLiza_fan - 80 points! Well done!:cheer2:
3rd Place: satine94, The Finn, invisiblespiral, ashleywagner, andromache, kresslia, Caustica, HanDomi, alebi, text_skate, sabinfire, rosacotton, Lydia1703, and sequinsgalore - 70 points! Good job :party:

The season is over. It was a plesure to be your scorer for Grand Prix Prediction Game, Worlds and WTT. And congratulations to all the winners one more time :cheer:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Because the original scorer never contacted CaroLiza_fan again (I hope they're okay!) & a substitute scorer has not been able to be contacted either, I'll be scoring the country predictions results today. Sorry for such a long wait everyone.

Team Results
Gold: ashleywagner & cjmorton29, 90 points!
Silver: apgold, Florencito, KIG, matmuh, randomfan, satine94, sequinsgalore, & TheFinn, 80 points!
Bronze: ......over half of all players :p, 70 points!

Congratulations! :hb:

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
And now, the overall WTT winners! But first, here is the link to view your total scores for all of these last rounds. Click on the tabs located at the bottom to view your scores by-round. If you think there's an issue with any of your scores, just PM me :)

Gold: matmuh, 375 points!
Silver: 4everchan & cjmorton29, 370 points!
Bronze: satine94, 365 points!

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
And now, the overall WTT winners! But first, here is the link to view your total scores for all of these last rounds. Click on the tabs located at the bottom to view your scores by-round. If you think there's an issue with any of your scores, just PM me :)

thanks for everything , hopefully there will be more games next season !! :yay: my 1st gold!! :cheer: :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
wahhh amazing for me :) if i hadn't been too hopeful for canada, i would have done so much better but happy with this :) thanks to all who worked on the scoring :) fun games :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Because the original scorer never contacted CaroLiza_fan again (I hope they're okay!) & a substitute scorer has not been able to be contacted either, I'll be scoring the country predictions results today. Sorry for such a long wait everyone.

Team Results
Gold: ashleywagner & cjmorton29, 90 points!
Silver: apgold, Florencito, KIG, matmuh, randomfan, satine94, sequinsgalore, & TheFinn, 80 points!
Bronze: ......over half of all players :p, 70 points!

Congratulations! :hb:

Given the time of year, I suspect that exams have a lot to do with people not being on the forum, and not being able to score. And I can totally understand that.

Thank you so much for doing this, satine94. You have been my right-hand woman all season, so it is kinda appropriate that we both have a share of one of the medals in the final results of one of the categories! :laugh: (Ladies bronze)

I have now completed updating the Hall of Fame tables for the WTT. They can be found here:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ALL-OF-FAME!&p=1141459&viewfull=1#post1141459

You may remember that when I was filling in columns for the normal 4 categories, I accidentally filled in the overall columns with the scores as they stood without the Team scores filtered in. Well, looking back, it is very interesting to see the impact that the Team category has made to our podium finishers.

With just the normal 4 categories, the top 2 positions on the overall WTT podium would have been reversed: 4everchan and cjmorton29 would have been sharing the gold medal instead of the silver, and matmuh would have won the silver medal instead of the gold.

Similarly, the next 2 positions would also have been reversed - baymax24 would have won the bronze medal instead of satine94. In fact, satine94 would have been sharing 4th place with sunny_stars, who was very unfortunate with the Team category, as including it dropped them down to joint 7th in the WTT.

On a personal note, the inclusion of the Team category only meant that I dropped one place in the WTT, from joint 8th to joint 9th.

In the overall Game Results, YesWay and sunny_stars would still have finished 1st and 2nd whether the Team category was included or not. With the inclusion of the Team category, alebi won the bronze medal, with a 4-way tie between myself, cjmorton28, GF2445, and satine94 for 4th. But, without the Team category, GF2445 would have been 3rd, with alebi 4th, me in 5th and satine94 in 6th. In fact, there wouldn't have been any ties until joint 29th!

So, the Team category did turn out to be influential!

Thank you all again for playing and making the Predictions Games so much fun.

(I will try to make sure they run more smoothly next season...! :slink: )

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

I've spotted a mistake, but I've now fixed it.

For those that have been looking at the Discipline sheet of the spreadsheet over the past few days, there was discrepency with the Total Points column. It was showing different scores to the same column in the Game Summary sheet (they should have been identical).

Basically, when I added the Team category column to the Discipline sheet a few weeks ago, I had forgotten to amend the formulae in the Total Points column to include this new column.

As it turned out, having them different was handy for when I was doing the comparison between Team scores, and no Team scores (see my previous comment, above).

But, it has now been fixed.

Sorry :eek::

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
CaroLiza_Fan, Will this game be continued next year? If so, what comps will be included? (I can't give out my contact information, but if it doesn't require giving out my phone and email, I'd be happy to help in any way possible!)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
CaroLiza_Fan, Will this game be continued next year? If so, what comps will be included? (I can't give out my contact information, but if it doesn't require giving out my phone and email, I'd be happy to help in any way possible!)

All being well, I have every intention of holding the Game again next season! Even with the hiccups that occasionally crop up, I still love doing it!

Looking at the calendar for next season (See this thread), I am envisaging the rounds being: -

Round 1: Europeans
Round 2: Youth Olympics
Round 3: Four Continents
Round 4: Junior Worlds
Round 5: Worlds

Unfortunately, yes, scoring does require giving me your e-mail address, so that I can grant you editing privilages for the spreadsheet.

However, one of the scorers this season had the same worry. She has had issues in the past (which she has mentioned on the forum before, so I'm not betraying any confidences), and didn't want to be giving out her e-mail address.

But, she was so keen to take part that she came up with a way of getting around it - creating an e-mail account specifically for this purpose. So, perhaps that would work for you too.

I would be more than happy to have you on board.

But, we still have 8 months to go until the first round of the ISU Game, and 6 months until the Nationals Game kicks off. So, there's no hurry just at the moment to get scorers finalised.

CaroLiza_fan