World Team Trophy: Predictions Game Round 5 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy: Predictions Game Round 5

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Here is the thread where you can make your predictions for the World Team Trophy.

Please Note: Although we will be making predictions for each category as normal, we will ALSO be predicting on the overall Team result.

Since there are only six countries competing, and we only have one entry per country in Pairs and Dance, the Top 6 predictions will be scored in ALL categories.

Entries/Results Page:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wtt2015/index.htm

The Senior competitions start on 16[SUP]th[/SUP] April 2015 at 15:15 JST (08:15 CEST / 07:15 BST) with the Short Dance.

So, predictions need to be in 1 hour before that, i.e. 14:15 JST (07:15 CEST / 06:15 BST)

If you need any help working out what time this is where you are, here is a Time Converter that Mrs. P very kindly posted in the Cup of China Predictions thread.

Entries

Ladies:

Men:

StN.NameNation
Warm-Up Group 1
1Romain PONSARTFRA
2Jeremy TENCAN
3Nan SONGCHN
4Florent AMODIOFRA
5Nam NGUYENCAN
6Han YANCHN
Warm-Up Group 2
7Max AARONUSA
8Jason BROWNUSA
9Takahito MURAJPN
10Maxim KOVTUNRUS
11Sergei VORONOVRUS
12Yuzuru HANYUJPN

Pairs:

Dance:

Team:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/wtt-15_teams.htm

EDIT (15th April 2015): Added in link for Entries/Results page, and replaced the provisional entry lists with SP Start Orders.

Let the fun begin!!! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Thanks CaroLiza fan, your efforts are appreciated, along with the scorers and everyone else who helps.

Glad to see you are still hanging out on GoldenSkate. Long may it continue, because it would be a poorer place without you - so I hope you're balancing your time, and not letting the odd hot-headed post get to you :-D

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Awww. Thank you YesWay.

I had actually intended to keep away for longer, but the lure to come back was too much. Especially when people were looking to know things that I knew the answers to.

While I'm here, can I have some opinions?

I had forgotten that, whereas there are two entries per country in the singles categories, there is only one entry per country in the couples categories.

To me, with only 6 entries in Pairs and Dance, it seems a bit silly to have 5 entries scoring, and 1 entry not.

So, in light of this, do the players think we should increase it to 6 scoring entries per category for all categories?

Let me know what you think

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
^^sure, it makes sense
btw i have a question about scoring the events and team as total
for individual events placements wil be determined by overall score(SP+FP ), but when they are adding points to teams they add points from SP and FP individually right? say a skater placed 5th at SP and 2nd at FP so team gains 8+11= 19 pts right?

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Can we just predict the Team Winners and not the Individual winners? With my track record I am not going
to try to predict the individuals but would still like to play and predict the Team winners.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Awww. Thank you YesWay.

I had actually intended to keep away for longer, but the lure to come back was too much. Especially when people were looking to know things that I knew the answers to.

While I'm here, can I have some opinions?

I had forgotten that, whereas there are two entries per country in the singles categories, there is only one entry per country in the couples categories.

To me, with only 6 entries in Pairs and Dance, it seems a bit silly to have 5 entries scoring, and 1 entry not.

So, in light of this, do the players think we should increase it to 6 scoring entries per category for all categories?

Let me know what you think

CaroLiza_fan

I think all 6 should be scored in this case :)

Can we just predict the Team Winners and not the Individual winners? With my track record I am not going
to try to predict the individuals but would still like to play and predict the Team winners.

I like the system of scoring the individual placements, but since this is a Team Event, perhaps users could guess the overall podium by country as well? Since that would be only 3 predictions, I think scoring it in an all-or-nothing way would make the most sense(for a maximum of 45 additional points).

What does everyone think about this? Should it only be individual placements?

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

So do I. Let's do it! :biggrin:

As this is the final round of the season, it would be a major an anti-climax if we were only predicting on the overall results.

That is what we had to do for the Olympic Team Event last season, because we didn't know who exactly was going to be skating in each segment. And nobody was really happy with it.

So, when we have proper entry lists for the team event this season, it seems a shame not to predict on the individual categories as well as the overall results.

I like the system of scoring the individual placements, but since this is a Team Event, perhaps users could guess the overall podium by country as well? Since that would be only 3 predictions, I think scoring it in an all-or-nothing way would make the most sense(for a maximum of 45 additional points).

To be honest, I'm not sure whether that would work.

Looking at the Results pages for previous editions (2013, 2012, 2009), the ISU doesn't actually give the breakdown of the category results by country. So, the scorers would have to work it out themselves. And I wouldn't want to ask you guys to do any more, after everything you have already done this season.

And you know I don't like these "all or nothing" systems. It's not fair on the players when 1 skater does better (or worse) than expected, and it means they score nothing on the other skaters that are thrown out of position as a result.

All in all, I think it is easier to just do what we have all season - predicting (and scoring) the individual categories by skater rather than by country.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Actually CaroLiza_fan I think I have just caused a bit of confusion. I guess I didn't word my post appropriately. The scoring system I was suggesting is exactly the rules you have posted in the OP. I responded to demarinis5's question w/o reading it. Sorry. I only skimmed it since I thought we had 4 scorers as usual for this round. Was there an e-mail I missed? :scratch:

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Actually CaroLiza_fan I think I have just caused a bit of confusion. I guess I didn't word my post appropriately. The scoring system I was suggesting is exactly the rules you have posted in the OP. I responded to demarinis5's question w/o reading it. Sorry. I only skimmed it since I thought we had 4 scorers as usual for this round. Was there an e-mail I missed? :scratch:

Ah, that's fine.

And thank you for mentioning the Original Post, as it has made me realise that I have to edit it, now that we have decided to score 6 entries for everything.

Don't worry, you haven't missed any e-mails about who is scoring the overall Team results. All along, I had been intending on doing it one way, but that plan has now changed. So, I'll send you a message to explain what the current plan is.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

The thing I don't like about the WTT (which I love overall because I, we all love figure skating) is that it is a created system and seems to lose legitimacy as does the Oly team medal because it is so random how it created the format and you would think it would be consistent with world's -s o hou go one oway or the other ie two singles skaters or one. The results would be very different probably. And if you did it as a "true" team event not based on positions but actual scores it wouldn't surprise me if we got a different result. If we went with one skater from each country or one team - so 4 scores added together that seems more legit then randomly picking 2 singles skaters from each nation and 1 each of pairs and dance. Who is to say it shouldn't have been 2 pairs and 2 dance and only 1 singles of each. Or that it should have been 2 of each or 3 of each category - I know time, money etc. But it seems so random and how do you rationalize when some nations really don't have a pairs or dance team. Would Japan have a lot of trouble being so far behind in dance and pairs if they added all the scores? They might be okay if the rules were 2 singles. It really means some really non competitive dance and or pairs team in the case of Japan is go going to get a medal while say Duhamel and Radford might not (the rankings suggest that). I know that's life I guess. But it almost seems this is about money. I suppose if this was the same format as Oly's it might add to the legitimacy.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
The thing I don't like about the WTT (which I love overall because I, we all love figure skating) is that it is a created system and seems to lose legitimacy as does the Oly team medal because it is so random how it created the format and you would think it would be consistent with world's -s o hou go one oway or the other ie two singles skaters or one. The results would be very different probably. And if you did it as a "true" team event not based on positions but actual scores it wouldn't surprise me if we got a different result. If we went with one skater from each country or one team - so 4 scores added together that seems more legit then randomly picking 2 singles skaters from each nation and 1 each of pairs and dance. Who is to say it shouldn't have been 2 pairs and 2 dance and only 1 singles of each. Or that it should have been 2 of each or 3 of each category - I know time, money etc. But it seems so random and how do you rationalize when some nations really don't have a pairs or dance team. Would Japan have a lot of trouble being so far behind in dance and pairs if they added all the scores? They might be okay if the rules were 2 singles. It really means some really non competitive dance and or pairs team in the case of Japan is go going to get a medal while say Duhamel and Radford might not (the rankings suggest that). I know that's life I guess. But it almost seems this is about money. I suppose if this was the same format as Oly's it might add to the legitimacy.

This is getting way off the topic of predictions, but I agree with you that the format for the WTT needs tweaking. In fact, I posted my own ideas on how to improve it a few months ago. See this post:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...turn-in-2018&p=1023335&viewfull=1#post1023335

And as for the Olympic Team Event, my ideas on how to improve it are in the three posts directly after post that the above link directs to.

CaroLiza_fan

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
And, to get back on topic, I'll post (part of) my predictions-

Dance:
1) Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
2) Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
3) Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
4) Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN
5) Cathy REED / Chris REED
6) Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU

Men:
1) Yuzuru HANYU
2) Han YAN
3) Sergei VORONOV
4) Takahito MURA
5) Jason BROWN
6) Nam NGUYEN
7) Maxim KOVTUN
8) Max AARON

Pairs:
1) Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
2) Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
3) Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
4) Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM
5) Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
6) Ami KOGA / Francis BOUDREAU AUDET

Women:
1) Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
2) Elena RADIONOVA
3) Gracie GOLD
4) Satoko MIYAHARA
5) Ashley WAGNER
6) Zijun LI
7) Kanako MURAKAMI
8) Gabrielle DALEMAN

Teams:
:drama:
1) Russia
2) USA
3) Japan
4) Canada
5) China
6) France

Last edited:

SashaJuliaSpins

Final Flight
Purely Random..ok maybe semi random, for now! Be back to complete the rest!

WOMEN

Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
Gracie GOLD (I am thinking she'll finally nail it)
Elena RADIONOVA
Ashley WAGNER
Satoko MIYAHARA
Alaine CHARTRAND
Zijun LI

Men

Hanyu
Yan
Brown
Nguyen
Aaron
Maxim

Pairs:

Duhamel/Radford
Sui/Han
Kavaguti/Smirnov
Scimeca/ Knierim
James/Cipres

Dance:

Weaver/Poje
Papadakis/Cizeron
Chock/Bates
Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
Reed/Reed
Wang/Lu

Team:

USA
Russia
Canada
Japan
France
China

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
1. Russia
2. USA
3. Japan
4. Canada
5. China
6. France

Men
1. Yuzuru HANYU
2. Maxim KOVTUN
3. Han YAN
4. Sergei VORONOV
5. Nam NGUYEN
6. Jason BROWN

Ladies
1. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
2. Elena RADIONOVA
3. Satoko MIYAHARA
4. Kanako MURAKAMI
5. Gracie GOLD
6. Ashley WAGNER

Pairs
1. Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD
2. Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN
3. Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV
4. Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM
5. Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES
6. Ami KOGA / Francis BOUDREAU AUDET

Ice Dance
1. Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
2. Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
3. Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
4. Elena ILINYKH / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN
5. Cathy REED / Chris REED
6. Shiyue WANG / Xinyu LIU

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Men:
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Maxim Kovtun
3. Jason Brown
4. Nam Nguyen
5. Sergei Voronov
6. Max Aaron
--
7. Han Yan

Ladies:
1. Elena Radionova
2. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
3. Gracie Gold
4. Satoko Miyahara
5. Ashley Wagner
6. Kanako Murakami
--
7. Zijun Li

Pairs:
1. Duhamel/Radford
2. Sui/Han
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov
4. Scimeca/Knierim
5. James/Cipres
6. Koga/Boudreau Audet

Ice Dance:
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Chock/Bates
3. Weaver/Poje
4. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
5. Reed/Reed
6. Wang/Liu

Teams:
1. Russia
2. USA
3. Japan
4. Canada
5. France
6. China

Tastetherainbow

Medalist
Teams:
1. Russia
2. United States
3. Canada
4. Japan
5. China
6. France

Men:
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Jason Brown
3. Nam Nguyen
4. Maxim Kovtun
5. Han Yan
6. Sergei Voronov

Ladies:
1. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
2. Elena Radionova
3. Satoko Miyahara
4. Ashley Wagner
5. Gracie Gold
6. Kanako Murakami

Pairs:
1. Duhamel/Radford
2. Sui/Han
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov
4. Scimeca/Knierim
5. James/Cipres
6. Koga/Boudreau Audet

Ice Dance:
1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Chock/Bates
4. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
5. Wang/Liu
6. Reed/Reed

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay!

Men:

1. Hanyu
2. Yan
3. Brown
4. Ngyuen
5. Voronov
6. Kovtun

Ladies:

1. Tuktamisheva
2. Radionova
3. Wagner
4. Miyahara
5. Gold
6. Li

Pairs:

1. Duhamel/Radford
2. Sui/Han
3. Kavaguti/Smirnov
4. Scimeca/Knierim
5. James/Cipres
6. Koga/Boudreau

Ice Dance:

1. Papadaikis/Czeiron
2. Weaver/Poje
3. Chock/Bates
4. Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
5. Reed/Reed
6. Wang/Liu

Teams:

1. Russia
2. USA
3. Japan
4. Canada
5. France
6. China

Last edited:

NMURA

Medalist
Team
1 RUS
2 JPN
3 USA
4 CAN
5 CHN
6 FRA

Men
1 Hanyu
2 Kovtun
3 Yan
4 Brown
5 Nam
6 Mura

Ladies
1 Miyahara
2 Tuktamisheva
3 Radionova
4 Gold
5 Wagner
6 Murakami

Pairs
1 Duhamel/Radford
2 Sui/Han
3 Kavaguti/Smirnov
4 Scimeca/Knierim
5 James/Cipres

Ice Dance
1 Papadakis/Cizeron
2 Weaver/Poje
3 Chock/Bates
4 Ilinykh/Zhiganshin
5 Reeds

Last edited:

ashleywagner

Rinkside
TEAM
1. USA
2. Russia
3. Japan
4. Canada
5. China
6. France

MEN
1. Hanyu
2. Yan
3. Mura
4. Aaron
5. Nguyen
6. Brown
--- (more for fun!)
7. Kovtun
8. Voronov
9. Amodio
10. Song
11. Ten
12. Ponsart

LADIES
1. Tuktamysheva
2. Radionova
3. Wagner
4. Miyahara
5. Gold
6. Murakami
--- (more for fun!)
7. Li
8. Meite
9. Chartrand
10. Daleman
11. Lecavelier
12. Zhao

PAIRS
1. Duhamel / Radford
2. Sui / Han
3. Kavaguti / Smirnov
4. Scimeca / Knierim
5. James / Cipres
6. Koga / Boudreau Audet

ICE DANCE
1. Papadakis / Cizeron
2. Weaver / Poje
3. Chock / Bates
4. Ilinykh / Zhiganshin
5. Reed / Reed
6. Wang / Liu

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
This is very hard...:shocked:

Team
1. Russia
2. USA
3. Japan
4. Canada
5. China
6. France

Ladies
1. Elena Radionova
2. Ashley Wagner
3. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva (she might be tired after a long season)
4. Gracie Gold
5. Kanako Murakami
6. Satoko Miyahara

Men
1. Yuzuru Hanyu
2. Maxim Kovtun
3. Han Yan
4. Jason Brown
5. Takahito Mura
6. Nam Nguyen

Pairs
1. Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford