2015 World Team Trophy Videos and Results | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Videos and Results

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thx to Doris for your tenacity re the S/K video.

Something not clear to me:
Some posts in the WTT Pairs FS thread said that the ISU channel and IN both eventually did show (some?) Pairs FS stuff that had been missing from the original live streaming.
But I don't know whether those posts meant that the non-live video that was showed included S/K???​

There is a difference between what IN and ISU included. There seems to be a few minutes missing in the middle of Pairs FS group 1 in both cases, toward the end of James/Cipres and the beginning of S/K. IN puts up a title screen in the middle of J/C's program that states:

"This portion of the event was interupted [sic] during the broadcast."

Then IN cuts to S/K K&C scene.

However, ISU feed kicked in a few minutes before IN actually picked it up, as I was watching live and seemed to have an active feed earlier than others here, if you were to go back and re-read the live event thread. This resulted in ISU showing a good chunk of S/K, though still missing the first couple minutes, sadly.

Here is what the ISU feed looked like (sorry, poor quality and missing the beginning of the S/K's program -- which as far as I know, does not exist in any publicly available form... yet?):

Alexa Scimeca / Chris Knierim FS (partial)

Last edited:

statmam

On the Ice
There is a difference between what IN and ISU included. There seems to be a few minutes missing in the middle of Pairs FS group 1 in both cases, toward the end of James/Cipres and the beginning of S/K. IN puts up a title screen in the middle of J/C's program that states:

However, ISU feed kicked in a few minutes before IN actually picked it up, as I was watching live and seemed to have an active feed earlier than others here, if you were to go back and re-read the live event thread. This resulted in ISU showing a good chunk of S/K, though still missing the first couple minutes, sadly.

Here is what the ISU feed looked like (sorry, poor quality and missing the beginning of the S/K's program -- which as far as I know, does not exist in any publicly available form... yet?):

Thanks for sharing this, sabinfire. At least we can watch the highlights in the slow-mo section. I can see why Alexa was so excited.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks for sharing this, sabinfire. At least we can watch the highlights in the slow-mo section. I can see why Alexa was so excited.

You're welcome. :) I tossed it up on Alexa's FB wall, since everyone has been looking for any kind of video of their FS to surface.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Thank you, sabinfire :).

But does your post pertain only to the original live streaming (from which some of the Pairs FS was missing, I know)?

To ask my previous question another way:

I was referring to the posts below that I have copied from the WTT Pairs FS thread:

(6:17 am ET Saturday)
Icenetwork is now showing Pairs group 1 that we missed.

(6:24 am ET)
The ISU stream is doing the same.

(6:40 am ET)
And the feed is gone again. Seriously, does the ISU have interns running the stream?

Which pairs were shown (not live) at that time?

Were Scimeca/Knierim one of them? And was S/K's FS shown in entirety at that time?

Does anyone who is still reading this thread know??​

Last edited:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Which pairs were shown (not live) at that time?

Was Scimeca/Knierim one of them? And was S/K's FS shown in entirety at that time?

S/K was never shown in entirety on the streams.

All skaters from group 1 were shown (minus the warm-up): Koga/Boudrea Audet in entirety, J/C was cut off toward the end of their program, and the broadcast resumed mid-S/K. I do not know if it is related, but it seems like the "broadcast interruption" occurred in the same spot that the ISU stream originally started their late live coverage (which is when I saw the live S/K FS the first time, mid-program)... so perhaps in the shuffle of getting the live-stream up & running, they somehow lost a few minutes of coverage? Just a theory...

It was odd that the live-stream didn't start at the beginning of the Pairs FS, and even started before the ISU 'countdown' finished, so I would assume there was some kind of error in getting the stream going at the correctly scheduled time, and in that process, the broadcast was interrupted.

I hope that helps answer your question. Obviously, I do not know the technical details behind this, just wanted to note what I observed live while monitoring both ISU and IN streams, as well as their non-live rebroadcast/archives.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
S/K was never shown in entirety on the streams. ...

Even when the ISU and IN streaming resumed AFTER the end of the live event -- apparently with the intention of showing (as a delayed stream) what was missing from the live streaming?

I don't know the answer.
But I keep asking b/c I feel like my question is not getting across.

(I understand perfectly that stuff was missing from the original live streaming. But my question is not about the original live streaming. It is about the delayed streaming.)

Anyway, thanks again for your S/K vid, sabinfire.

Whose free skates were part of the delayed streaming, if not S/K???

Last edited:

bixby

Final Flight
Maybe it will become available on video on-demand later in icenetwork. Maybe those who have season pass can affirm.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Warm up group 1 --> Koga/Boudrea Audet FS --> J/C FS (feed died during the later half of their program)

Thanks for your patience with my questions :).
I still am confused, but will stop hijacking the thread.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Thanks for your patience with my questions :).
I still am confused, but will stop hijacking the thread.

:laugh: I had a feeling that was going to happen somehow and I was debating typing up three scenarios: what happened during the live-stream, then what happened during the immediate rebroadcast of the "live"-stream once the event had concluded, and finally what the archived ISU video looks like now. Although bottom line, there are no complete versions of J/C or S/K FS, since both were interrupted.

If you were watching the final minutes of the delayed stream, this is what you would have witnessed:

https://youtu.be/9xHUPVKxnbM (skip to the final 10 seconds of this video, around the 4:20 mark)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
:laugh: I had a feeling that was going to happen somehow and I was debating typing up three scenarios: what happened during the live-stream, then what happened during the immediate rebroadcast of the "live"-stream once the event had concluded, and finally what the archived ISU video looks like now. Although bottom line, there are no complete versions of J/C or S/K FS, since both were interrupted.

If you were watching the final minutes of the delayed stream, this is what you would have witnessed:

https://youtu.be/9xHUPVKxnbM (skip to the final 10 seconds of this video, around the 4:20 mark)

One little part of this saga now has become clear to me:
The delayed streaming that I was talking about took place many hours after the Pairs FS ended (as indicated by the time-stamps on the posts I copied).
And now I see from your post that delayed streaming also had taken place immediately after the Pairs FS (and I hadn't initially realized that).
So you and I unintentionally were talking about two different things, I think ....

Thanks sabinfire for the S&K video :clap:

But Doris' point is the important one.

Thank you again, sabinfire :bow:.

(I will stop torturing :eek: ;) you, me, and everyone taking a look at this thread.)

Last edited:

ozmodiar

On the Ice
One little part of this saga now has become clear to me:
The delayed streaming that I was talking about took place many hours after the Pairs FS ended (as indicated by the time-stamps on the posts I copied).
And now I see from your post that delayed streaming also had taken place immediately after the Pairs FS (and I hadn't initially realized that).
So you and I unintentionally were talking about two different things, I think ....

There was only one delayed stream. It happened several minutes after the ladies FS and medal ceremony when all the live streaming was over, which is why those posts were a few hours later.

So the stream was:

(live)
Pairs FS (late start with S/K) -> Ladies FS -> medal ceremony

then the stream ended.

a while later, it started back up again:

(delayed)
Pairs FS from the beginning of the judges intro and warmup until near the end of J/C FS when it cut off.

J/C were skating second in the group, so there was no stream available of the end of their program and most of the next skaters, S/K.

Hope that clears things up!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
There was only one delayed stream. It happened several minutes after the ladies FS and medal ceremony when all the live streaming was over, which is why those posts were a few hours later.

Thx, ozmodiar :). I got led astray by the word "event," which I took to mean the Pairs FS. (Depends what the meaning of "is" is, as a certain former President would say ;).)

Oy, my apologies for wasting everyone's time.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Oh, apologies for not being clear... the feed never repeated anything in between Pairs and Ladies, it was one continuous feed with a shot of Zambonis in between. Still doesn't change the lost stream issue though. :bang:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States