2015 World Team Trophy Ladies SP Apr 16 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Ladies SP Apr 16

cleo2070

Final Flight
Miss is pronounced how it looks and is an unmarried woman, implied to be young. Or, in the southern American states, an honorific for ANY woman older than you. Ms. is pronounced mizz, and is the more...I guess professional version of miss, without the age/marriage implication.

better job of explaining it here http://www.diffen.com/difference/Miss_vs_Ms

Thank you! That was my understanding as well, although I didn't know about southern U.S., so thanks again! :thumbsup:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alaine CHARTRAND (CAN)

Music: La Leyenda del Beso by Raul di Blasio

Dark red dress, sparkly top, matching arm-warmers

2A
3Lo
FSSp
3Lz+3T - fall, lutz twofooted, at least 3T<
LSp
StSq - hand down at start?
CCoSp3p

I see she tried to move her 3+3 to the 2nd half, didn't work out, though.

SP: 29.50+26.14-1.00 = 54.64, 1st (out of 3)

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Interesting to see Alaine attempt the 3-3 in the second half. Shame about the fall... I think she went too high on the first jump and didn't have the control to land the second.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Loved that interaction with Gaby as Alaine was coming off the ice! Great team spirit!

Mmmm. Not sure about the singing from the rest of the team, though. Like, it's not as if it was Alaine's birthday today - it was 3 weeks ago!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN)

Music: Winter 3 from Four Seasons by Antonio Vivaldi, arranged by Max Richter; Art on Ice by Edvin Marton; Allegro Lento from Concerto in F Minor, Winter by Antonio Vivaldi

White sparkly dress, high-neck, open back

3T+3T - stepout
LSp
FCSp
3Lz
2A
StSq
CCoSp3p

One step-out, otherwise solid skate.

SP: 31.89+25.70 = 57.59, 1st (out of 4)

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Not perfect, but nice to see some redemption after Worlds.

Andrew's umbrella-clown hat in the K&C is pure awesome.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Or, in the southern American states, an honorific for ANY woman older than you. ...

Off topic, but:

I grew up in the southern U.S., and I don't remember this part?? An older married woman being referred to as Miss ___?

What I do remember about the south is that it is not uncommon for very young girls -- kiddies -- to be referred to as Miss Sally and Miss Mary, etc., in certain situations.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Why don't they send Daleman to Orser? She is a good jumper. Please someone polish her.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
You can stop dancing now, Meagan! The camera's off you!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You gotta love her!

CaroLiza_fan

auser

Record Breaker
Loved that interaction with Gaby as Alaine was coming off the ice! Great team spirit!

Mmmm. Not sure about the singing from the rest of the team, though. Like, it's not as if it was Alaine's birthday today - it was 3 weeks ago!

CaroLiza_fan

I took it as I general team spirit thing. Do people use it as a birthday song? I mostly remember the song from the club scene in the film Chasing Amy. I did enjoy her layback spin :clap:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Why don't they send Daleman to Orser? She is a good jumper. Please someone polish her.

they do but I guess she needs more work?

she's doing fine though. the wildness in her skating kinda calmed down