2015 World Team Trophy Ladies SP Apr 16 | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Ladies SP Apr 16

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Is Amodio the only male skater who is still in the kiss and cry? He obviously doesn't need warming-up...

Just remember - this is Amodio we are talking about. He is like the Duracell Rabbit - he never runs out of energy!!! :laugh:

Now for the big guns!

:cheer: Go Team Russia!!!!!! :cheer:

:cheer: Go Team Japan!!!!!! :cheer:

CaroLiza_fan

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Is Amodio the only male skater who is still in the kiss and cry? He obviously doesn't need warming-up...

I kind of feel cheated...I want to see all the men! :drama: But if they are busy warming up, then I understand.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Really? Where did you grow up? That's the opposite as I've experienced in AL. Here your parent's friends were always Miss so-and-so. I'm Miss (RuffledGrouse) to my friend's children. Even as an adult, you might still call elderly woman Miss. Dialect differences are really fascinating to me. ...

I grew up in Texas.

We had family friends who originally were from another state in what I would call the traditional deep South -- either Mississsippi or Louisiana.
The young daughter (same generation as me) actually went by "Missy" (not Missy Jane or whatever -- just Missy), a nickname that originated from Miss. She was the only daughter. (So if we were referring to all the kids in that family, they would be: Missy, Joe, Jim, etc.)

But what I called Missy's mother (married to Missy's father) is Mrs. C____.

(It's not the elderly part that mystifies me. It's the married part.)

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I feel so stupid. I spent most of the warm-up thinking the black top was part of Gracie's costume now.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN)

Music: Think of Me (from "The Phantom of the Opera") by Andrew Lloyd Webber

Pale gold dress w/ flower appliquees

3T+3T - big
3F - tight, maybe twofoot/UR?
FCSp
CCoSp3p
2A
StSq
LSp

Maybe she'll get dinged on the flip, but otherwise nice skate.

SP: 32.05+30.24 = 62.39, 1st (out of 7)

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I grew up in Texas.

We had family friends who originally were from another state in what I would call the traditional deep South -- either Mississsippi or Louisiana.
The young daughter (same generation as me) actually went by "Missy" (not Missy Jane or whatever -- just Missy), a nickname that originated from Miss. She was the only daughter. (So if we were referring to all the kids in that family, they would be: Missy, Joe, Jim, etc.)

But what I called Missy's mother (married to Missy's father) is Mrs. C____.

Thank you. I don't know anybody from Loisianna or Mississippi so this is interesting. :thumbsup:

On topic: I love that Kanako (and Yuzuru) sing along with their music.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
How did she land that 3-3 without turning out of the first/crashing into the boards on the second? :jaw: Respect to Kanako.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Now that is the Kanako we all know and love!!! :cheer:

Well done!!! :clap: :rock: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ashley WAGNER (USA)

Music: Spartacus by Aram Khatchaturian

Black cut-out dress, gold details

3Lz+3T - !, good attempt
CCoSp3p
FSSp
2A
3F - twofoot, stepout
StSq
LSp

Not perfect, but much better than at Worlds.

SP: 32.60+31.95 = 64.55 (SB), 1st (out of 8)

Last edited:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
"Every single time i've come to this competition, I've cheated and fallen on the double axel" Oh, Ashley. Bless your heart.