sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
the music cut :scratch:

from the growling to the mish-mash at end....no thanks

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)

Music: Tango de Roxanne from "Moulin Rouge" (soundtrack)

Black and red sparkly costumes

3Tw
3T - she stepout
3FTh - nice
3Li
FCCoSp3p
StSq
FiDs

Not perfect, but a solid skate

SP: 30.60+28.06 = 58.66, 1st (out of 2)

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Nice to see J/C do their elements fairly well. Just wish they did a little more with the music.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I still can't get over how different Ami Koga looks on and off the ice!

I have to be honest, when I saw Ami in the team area yesterday, I didn't recognise her at all, because I had only seen her on the ice before. I actually had to look up the team list to work out who she was!

On the ice, with her hair tied up and no glasses, she looks about half her age!!! Which, when you are 16, isn't a good thing! :laugh:

But, off the ice, with her hair down and glasses on, she looks so much older. She does look like somebody in their mid-late teens.

Oh, and I should add, like I thought about Cheng Peng at the last WTT, Ami really suits wearing glasses!

CaroLiza_fan

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Wow, the WTT organizers really seems to be liking Taylor Swift.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I liked them, too. The music choice was almost as over the top as Luba's "From Russia with Love" :laugh2:

Although it was kinda cringe-worthy at first, I now think that the "From Russia With Love" music was appropriate. After all, Lubov is from Russia, and her name means "Love" in Russian.

Now for some beautiful skating from the Russo-Japanese team. (Really weird seeing them in the first group!)

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS)

Music: Méditation from “Thaïs” by Jules Massenet

Pale blue dress ; black outfit

3T - she hand down, messy stepout
3Tw
3LoTh
3Li
StSq
FiDs
FCCoSp3p

Big mistake on sbs 3T and not as smooth as usual, she looks disappointed

SP: 33.53+33.44 = 66.97, 1st (out of 3)

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Aww, I wanted better for them... Ah well, it still decent. Just not a polished as in the past, plus the mistake.

Mishin in the K&C to cheer on Moskvina's pupils! :yay:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Kavaguti looks pissed!

OMG, Mishin in the K&C... :laugh2:

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Although it was kinda cringe-worthy at first, I now think that the "From Russia With Love" music was appropriate. After all, Lubov is from Russia, and her name means "Love" in Russian.

Now for some beautiful skating from Russia/Japan.

CaroLiza_fan

That's what I meant- it was very "on the nose". As was a white man skating with a Japanese woman in Japan to Madame Butterfly. It's cringe-y in an adorable way, not a bad way.

My stream skipped in the middle of Yuko and Captain Sexy Beard. I wonder if I'm on sync with you guys now.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
hello everyone :), many thanks for all live updates

go Sui and Han - hope you'll repeat your Worlds outing (or do better even) !!!!!!!!

auser

Record Breaker
I still can't get over how different Ami Koga looks on and off the ice!

I have to be honest, when I saw Ami in the team area yesterday, I didn't recognise her at all, because I had only seen her on the ice before. I actually had to look up the team list to work out who she was!

On the ice, with her hair tied up and no glasses, she looks about half her age!!! Which, when you are 16, isn't a good thing! :laugh:

But, off the ice, with her hair down and glasses on, she looks so much older. She does look like somebody in their mid-late teens.

Oh, and I should add, like I thought about Cheng Peng at the last WTT, Ami really suits wearing glasses!

CaroLiza_fan

Oooh CaroLiza_fan I am so glad you mentioned skaters wearing glasses off the ice. Because I have been wondering what these skaters do when they are on the ice? Do they wear contact lenses and then
take them out? Or are they so familiar with the ice, they don't need to worry about having perfect vision? I have been wondering about this for a long time, but felt embarrassed to ask.