Sui so nonchalant about that massive 3F. :shocked:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
yuko looks unimpressed :confused:

I thought they did fine

Well, at the end of the day, she is Japanese. So she will want to do as best as possible in front of her home fans.

Moskvina and Mishin cheerleading...priceless!

Drat! I missed that!

Interesting supporters from the Russian team area - there were nearly more coaches than skaters! :laugh:

But, so good to see Liza there!!! :love: :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
even with eric's sickness, he just did a 3lz :jaw:

awesome throw from sui/han

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Oooh CaroLiza_fan I am so glad you mentioned skaters wearing glasses off the ice. Because I have been wondering what these skaters do when they are on the ice? Do they wear contact lenses and then
take them out? Or are they so familiar with the ice, they don't need to worry about having perfect vision? I have been wondering about this for a long time, but felt embarrassed to ask.

Jason said in an interview once that not seeing the audience clearly helped with his nerves. I guess some might wear contacts. :shrug:

Yay, Stray Cat Strut! Don't finish behind the music this time! Hit that final pose! :cheer:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alexa SCIMECA / Chris KNIERIM (USA)

Music: El Tango de Roxanne by Craig Armstrong (from "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack)

Black sparkly costumes

3Tw - huge!
3S - he has hand down
FCCoSp3p
3Li
StSq
3FTh - bit low, hangs on
FiDs

Some iffy landings, but they both seem pleased

SP: 33.42+30.80 = 64.22, 2nd (out of 4)

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think a summer camp with Ingo would greatly help Alexa/Chris in terms of getting the polishing and some good ol' competitive push

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
S/K still need some work on the second mark, but man, their elements really show promise. That twist :love: Pretty uproarious crowd response too.

samson

Medalist
is anyone else having trouble with the icenetwork feed? it told me I needed to subscribe (which I already am doing) or logout then log back in. I tried that and I got the same message. I then tried completely closing my browser and still the same thing. :bang:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Chock/Bates are there, though, although they have to skate soon too. Great - obviously they really want to support their teammates.

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oooh CaroLiza_fan I am so glad you mentioned skaters wearing glasses off the ice. Because I have been wondering what these skaters do when they are on the ice? Do they wear contact lenses and then
take them out? Or are they so familiar with the ice, they don't need to worry about having perfect vision? I have been wondering about this for a long time, but felt embarrassed to ask.

No need to feel embarassed.

I wear glasses myself, so when I saw photos of Caro and Kovtun wearing glasses at Europeans in 2014, I pounced. And then somebody else started an actual thread on the topic.

My post in that thread has links to the earlier discussions.

From the answers then, it seems some wear contacts, and some don't.

Speaking on a personal note, I am too squeemish to wear contacts. But, my sight is so bad that I couldn't go without. So, I just wear my glasses all the time.

But, I'm not a skater! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

skatemouse

On the Ice
is anyone else having trouble with the icenetwork feed? it told me I needed to subscribe (which I already am doing) or logout then log back in. I tried that and I got the same message. I then tried completely closing my browser and still the same thing. :bang:
YEP won't let me on( Same
message tried everything...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker

Try clearing your history/cache/saved passwords. That's happened to me before, though not today. No idea what caused it. The stream is delayed a couple of minutes behind everyone else's

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN (CHN)

Music: Stray Cat Strut by Brian Setzer

Purple and black costumes

3T - solid
3FTh
3Tw
StSq
3Li
FCCoSp3p
FiDs