2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 73 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Wait what happened at the medal ceremony?

As others have said, they were basically just very cute and friendly.

The video is available if you are interested.

https://youtu.be/h1aghID2CVs?t=470

qued up to about when Max helps Elladj out.

Finally stumbled upon a photo of Max and Elladj that captures the cuteness :) that we saw on the live streaming:

For those who don't know the context:
The still photographer apparently wanted a shot of Elladj holding up his medal. But Elladj did not have a free hand b/c of the big ol' trophy, plaque-thingy, and flowers he received.
Max came to the rescue and held up Elladj's medal for him. Max is leaning away from Elladj to help the photog get a shot without Max's face -- with just an anonymous third hand holding Elladj's medal up.
But for me, it is more cute to see both guys smiling together at this moment of #teamwork.​

The picture is much better than the video though. Thank you to golden and for keeping me in mind.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think Elladj's visit to his grandfather in Africa and meeting him for the first time last summer helped make the decision to return to Montreal and be close to his family. I've seen him for several years at Skate Detroit and this year he was so very different. He looked to be in much better physical condition and much more focused. This is the first time that he has done his SP and FS at Skate Detroit and both were looking very good. He has always been quite the dancer and entertainer and this year wasn't any different. While he was skating his FS I noticed Jason D. (his previous coach at Detroit Skating Club) clapping for Elladj. I was really pleased to see him win at Nebelhorn and hope he has a great season.

Elladj switched coaches since last season, and you can already see a big difference in his ability and confidence. Last season he also was dealing with a concussion. I don't think it matters how he performed in the past, only how he will do from now on. And Kevin unfortunately may never be able to reach his potential...who knows if and when we will even see him compete again.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Kevin had been dealing with a left hip injury for several years. In April 2015 he had surgery for a labral tear in his left hip. Recovery is on going. I know last season most of his problems were attributed to his boots but this hip injury has been a bother to him for several years.

sadly I agree about Reynolds. I really think he needs a new coach anyways (as does Chan). Someone who can fully help him realize his potential. but it has been like two seasons and he still has found boots that fit and starts skating consistently without pain.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Kevin had been dealing with a left hip injury for several years. In April 2015 he had surgery for a labral tear in his left hip. Recovery is on going. I know last season most of his problems were attributed to his boots but this hip injury has been a bother to him for several years.

Poor Kevin, like J10 who got no breaks except on his leg and foot.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks Alex D for all your reports and interviews and help with the streaming, etc

My favorite Ladies FS was definitely Mirai. Favorite Mens SP was Max and overall it was Elladj. Favorite SD was Cannuscio/McManus

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

He's back on the ice I believe.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
Thank you very much for your detailed report, Alex! :) I really enjoyed reading it!

What a nice story about Max and Elladj in the medal ceremony. They both seem like great guys.

Alex D

Record Breaker
No pressure (and no rush), but I think anything that you are willing/able to post in the fan threads will be much appreciated there.

Sounds as if you had lots of great access to the skaters :).

Thanks for already sharing so much, Alex D

Yes, and I am very grateful for the opportunity and their trust. If we look at it from this side, then I am only doing this whole FS stuff 3-4 times a year, not much to build a relationship on - yet I am accepted as a part of the family so to speak and so far I have not yet met a skater who didn't want to answer a few questions.
Wherever I look, whoever I meet - they always smile, its fantastic!

They are all pretty cool and can even laugh about my sometimes silly questions and jokes, its always great fun and I would love to do more, but ya - its still just a hobby without payment so my capabilities are limited and I don't get ID´s to all events, especially outside of Germany which adds to the costs.
I am not greedy or so, but if I could at least get the money in that I spent to break even, then I had more options and this would already be enough - but if you have like -500 after a week, then this starts to hurt at one time :laugh2:

Maybe some day, someone offers me a job in FS, then I can do this professionally ;)

I once thought about something like a donation address, but nah - this would be stupid, I don't want to ask people for money, after all its entertainment for me and not work ;)

Maybe next year we will have Dresden again, this should be doable - just an hour drive

Also to note is that without the DEU or OC´s like at NRW who give me the accreditation, or Klaus Kany who always helps me and gives me insider news, all of that wont be doable. Also Tanja Flade is very friendly and helpful!

Edit:

Thank you all for the very nice words ;)

Edit:

I listened to the interviews and you can probably expect them tomorrow (Thursday).

Last edited:

Alex D

Record Breaker
I am deeply sorry, but I didn't add the "missing" interviews yet. Something came up and had to be taken care of. But they will come soon[SUP] TM [/SUP];)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Thanks Alex D that was a lovely and entertaining read :) You should collect and publish them on a blog!

Alex D

Record Breaker
Thanks Alex D that was a lovely and entertaining read :) You should collect and publish them on a blog!

Thanks,

that's actually an interesting idea with the blog, I need to give this some thought of how I can set it up - I am a perfectionist you know ...., its so annoying :drama:. Might also be a good place to post what doesn't fit anywhere, like my Sochi report and stuff. Ya, I will think about it, but anything I post there will also be posted here :) Might also be a good place for pictures ... ya I like that.