2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

Richie

Rinkside
already some names which will be competing in Oberstdorf: Voloszohar/Trankov, Brezina, Liebers and our rising star from Holland Niki Wories.:cheer:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
already some names which will be competing in Oberstdorf: Voloszohar/Trankov, Brezina, Liebers and our rising star from Holland Niki Wories.:cheer:

:shocked: Wow. That would be great.

There's quite a possibility that Bobrova/Soloviev will be there too.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Just giving you a heads up guys, no news yet about the tickets, but I expect them to go on sale later this month. However, you will always be able to buy your tickets at the venue, seats are not numbered, so its always first come first serve :)

So awesome on the internet streaming! Seriously, the ISU needs to get more aggressive with this. Future fans are all looking for stuff online. Their social media presence is weak weak weak.

As red said, its something that the OC from the NT sets up ;)

The German DEU has a new FB site as well, while its in german you can still stop by and let them know that you appreciate the live streaming ;)

www.facebook.com/eislaufunion

https://www.facebook.com/events/1446324859008114/

Alex D

Record Breaker
A few more names from the DEU,

Ladies:

Nathalie Weinzierl, Lutricia Bock, Lea Johanna Dastich

Men:

Franz Streubel, Alexander Bjelde, Paul Fentz

Pairs:

Mari-Doris Vartmann / Ruben Blommaert

Dance:

Jennifer Urban / Sevan Lerche, Katharina Müller/Tim Dieck, Kavita Lorenz/Joti Polizoakis

Alex D

Record Breaker
The 47. Nebelhorn Trophy comes along with a huge line up! We have Olympic, World, European and National Champions - all ready to present their brand new programs and start their seasons with a bang. A bang surely it was, what Maxim Trankov and Tatiana Volosozhar did in 2014, with winning two Olympic gold medals at Sochi. After taking a year off from competition, the Russians will celebrate their comeback, while trying to win their 4th. title at Oberstdorf.
Not yet with a title, but a huge heart - Vanessa James and Morgan Cipres and the very promising couple from Canada, Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau - world junior silver medalists in 2015, will surely not hand over that golden spot, without a fight.

Talking about podiums, Alena Leonova second in 2014, and the always smiling champion from 2012, Keatlyn Osmond - silver medalist from Sochi, are going to lead the high class ladies field onto the ice. Also back at Oberstdorf, but currently only listed as a substitute is the young lady with the "bling bling" dresses, Ashley Caine, former third at the NT in 2013. Not a substitute, but ready for take off are the highly talented Dutch jewel Niki Wories and Lutricia Bock from Germany, but also the Bavarian Open Champion Mariko Kihara from Japan.

No Japanese athlete currently listed in the men´s bracket, but the European Champion from 2011, Florent Amodio is, so are Konstantin Menshov and local hero Michal Brezina – both former European Bronze medalists. No medals yet, but always very entertaining programs can surely be expected by the North Americans Elladj Balde and Max Aaron, but also by Peter Liebers, former 8th. at Sochi.

Last but not least, the World Champions from 2014, Anna Cappellini and Luca Lanotte will be challenged by the 2015 silver medalists Madison Chock and Evan Bates. As always, tickets will be waiting for you at the box office inside the venue and for those who cannot come over to Germany, a live stream will cover every skate including the exhibition on Saturday at half past 8 PM CET.

:cheer:

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Only one entry from Japan (Ladies) for the entire competition. Does Japan usually have such a small contingent to Nebelhorn?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's an extremely interesting NA Ladies lineup: Kaetlyn Osmond and Alaine Chartrand from Canada and Mirai Nagasu and Courtney Hicks from the US. Meee-owwww!!

samson

Medalist
^Oh hahah I never even thought of that. I'm guessing three ladies may attempt it? Interesting to think we may really be entering the triple axel era for the ladies.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think for a couple of the Ladies who might try a 3a at Nebelhorn perhaps rotating their other triple jumps should be the main focus.

Alex D

Record Breaker
Only one entry from Japan (Ladies) for the entire competition. Does Japan usually have such a small contingent to Nebelhorn?

I am guessing that for Asian skaters in general, traveling to Europe is a tougher task than for instance the NA´s or Russian skaters. While there are some competitors like Mariko Kihara who won the Bavarian Open or Nobunari Oda who used to skate at both, Bavarian and Nebelhorn, the sign ups are less frequent than for other big nations.

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
It is ;) The people are very friendly and also as a spectator you can talk to coaches and skaters or take pictures with them.

I heard it is pretty much the same with Nepela Trophy, which I am seriously considering about going. In general how one approaches a skater? Is it possible from the rink side? Perhaps at a practice? My partner, whose interest in skating is lukewarm at the most, will be accompanying me if I go, so I can not spend all day hanging in their hotel lobby waiting for them!! :confused2:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I hate those color coded schedules. They are so hard to read and figure out. :scratch:

I've never understood this comment. They're very easy to read and understand.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Yes, there's a key at the bottom if there's any confusion, and I can help you with any questions you have.

And thanks, golden411, for posting! It's great to have the complete schedule for events.

BladeRider

Spectator
Anyone have any leads on cheap rooms in Oberstdorf? Or wanna share a room? Clean and respectful gay man here - and die hard skating fan! :)

Alex D

Record Breaker
I hate those color coded schedules. They are so hard to read and figure out. :scratch:

Oh they are easy ;)

Pink are the Ladies, Blue the Men, Yellow the Ice Dancers and Green the Pairs. :D But just like Sabinfire said, if you need any help we are here for you. I am just not in Germany right now, so my "helper skills" are a bit limited.
That said, I will make sure you guys get the proper time zones before the trophy will start, so that you don't miss any skater and during the event I will gladly answer every question you have, just like last year :D

My expected arrival time at Oberstdorf should be Tuesday, one day before official practice. I am still waiting for the accreditation though, so that's all "subject to change" and depending if said ID will be granted.

Anyone have any leads on cheap rooms in Oberstdorf? Or wanna share a room? Clean and respectful gay man here - and die hard skating fan!

Since I am not in Germany right now, I can not make any calls (people sleep now at home ;)).

But you can try the Oberstdorf tourist office, here is the website in English

http://www.oberstdorf.de/en/vacation/