2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2015 Nebelhorn Trophy General Chat

Alex D

Record Breaker
I heard it is pretty much the same with Nepela Trophy, which I am seriously considering about going. In general how one approaches a skater? Is it possible from the rink side? Perhaps at a practice? My partner, whose interest in skating is lukewarm at the most, will be accompanying me if I go, so I can not spend all day hanging in their hotel lobby waiting for them!! :confused2:

There is a lobby at the venue, skaters tend to take a drink there or just wait for someone. That's always a good chance, but ya I hope that you guys wont rush into the venue now camping the lobby all day :drama: as then nobody will watch their performances :slink:

On a more serious note, while respecting a skaters privacy and being tactful, not much can be said about just approaching someone, that's just how its always in life. As a personal advice, before practice or competition is not a good idea and everyone is different, so it really depends who the skater is. Some are more chatty than others ;)

Last edited:

slider11

Medalist
Wow...interesting selection of skaters. Really looking forward to seeing Mirai in ladies; Tatiana and Maksim and Seguin and Bilodeau in pairs; and Aaron and Settlage in ice dance. I see Hawayek and Baker are subs for ice dance. Does that mean they only skate if Chock and Bates withdraw? Hope Kaitlin and Jean-Luc get some warm-up event before Skate America.
Ahem......I think we should bump this thread back up considering that they announced the entries.

http://www.isuresults.com/events/fsevent00051637.htm

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
and Aaron and Settlage in ice dance.

Aaron and Settelage are pairs skaters, not ice dancers.

This is Leg 2 of the Epic Team Australia Adventure - I hope everyone arrives (and makes it to Ondrej!) in one piece!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Really looking forward to seeing Mirai in ladies; Tatiana and Maksim and Seguin and Bilodeau in pairs; and Aaron and Settlage ...

Sad to see that Aaron/Settlage have disappeared from the Nebelhorn roster on the ISU site.

I had been feeling worried b/c their names never had been added to the USFS assignments page, although other Nebelhorn entries were added there many days ago.
And now the other shoe has dropped.
Look forward to seeing Maddie and Max at Cup of China.

Kayne/O'Shea remain listed as subs for Nebelhorn.

Last edited:

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I am also concerned about Maddie and Max and fear an injury. The only competition they did this summer was the Broadmoor Open in June and they only did the SP. I hope they will be able to do some other competition before Cup of China.

Sad to see that Aaron/Settlage have disappeared from the Nebelhorn roster on the ISU site.

I had been feeling worried b/c their names never had been added to the USFS assignments page, although other Nebelhorn entries were added there many days ago.
And now the other shoe has dropped.
Look forward to seeing Maddie and Max at Cup of China.

Kayne/O'Shea remain listed as subs for Nebelhorn.

Alex D

Record Breaker
I was wondering, is there anything I can do to make the coverage of the event more pleasant for you?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I always appreciate help with the live stream. Since English is my only language I can get lost easily on what to click on and stuff like that. Of course, I would also appreciate :popcorn: cookies, and a soda (J/K). Thanks for all of your help!

I was wondering, is there anything I can do to make the coverage of the event more pleasant for you?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I am also concerned about Maddie and Max and fear an injury. The only competition they did this summer was the Broadmoor Open in June and they only did the SP. I hope they will be able to do some other competition before Cup of China.

I have been concerned of this possibility ever since A&S weren't chosen for the TBA at Skate America. This withdrawal makes it feel more likely. For some reason, they aren't ready to compete--which doesn't feel right for such a young and steady upcoming team. (I mean, early in the season is likely the best time for them to make a mark). OTOH, as long as there are no announcements we can hope that even if there is an injury, it's being viewed as short-term enough not to tell us about it.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

I have been concerned of this possibility ever since A&S weren't chosen for the TBA at Skate America. This withdrawal makes it feel more likely. For some reason, they aren't ready to compete--which doesn't feel right for such a young and steady upcoming team. (I mean, early in the season is likely the best time for them to make a mark). OTOH, as long as there are no announcements we can hope that even if there is an injury, it's being viewed as short-term enough not to tell us about it.

I take comfort in the glimpses of Maddie and Max skating at Champs Camp and taking part in the off-ice exercises.
So if the reason they will not compete at Nebelhorn is the same reason that they did not receive the Skate America assignment (announced before Champs Camp), I am hopeful that it is something that they can overcome well before Cup of China. Fingers crossed for them.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Updates posted on FSU

Gachinski - out
Liinamäe - out
Sauter - out

Richie

Rinkside
Only couple of days before NT will start. Thursday until Sunday I will be staying in Oberstdorf. I guess tix can be sold at the venue as I cannot find any online tickets.Interesting to see that Jorik Hendrickx of Belgium will be competing again after his injury. Together with Niki Wories of Holland the low lands are well represented.:cheer:

Alex D

Record Breaker
I always appreciate help with the live stream. Since English is my only language I can get lost easily on what to click on and stuff like that. Of course, I would also appreciate :popcorn: cookies, and a soda (J/K). Thanks for all of your help!

I will check the handout tomorrow, I am guessing the link will already be published there ;)

Only couple of days before NT will start. Thursday until Sunday I will be staying in Oberstdorf. I guess tix can be sold at the venue as I cannot find any online tickets.Interesting to see that Jorik Hendrickx of Belgium will be competing again after his injury. Together with Niki Wories of Holland the low lands are well represented.:cheer:

I will check for ticket prices tomorrow, but yes you can buy them at the box office.

Make the men skate at a more reasonable AEST hour? ;)

Hehe, :)

based on last years experience, the full competitions should be available as "on demand" streaming as well.

snsd

On the Ice
From Team Australia - Andrew, Matthew and Paris all missing bags and have no skates.

Alex D

Record Breaker
First Information,

tickets:

All Event 55 Euro
Day ticket 15 Euro
Gala 20 Euro

I also have the practice times for all skaters, if you happen to be here already and want them, let me know.

TV coverage:

TV Asahi will broadcast in Japan
BR will also show some skating for those in Germany
For everyone else, a Livestream will be provided. This one will cover everything, from the first skate to the last + Gala.

Schedule:

Minor changes were done, the new one here

http://www.eislauf-union.de/download/NebelhornTrophy_ColouredTimeSchedule20092015.pdf

Last edited:

Sackie

Medalist
How well does Osmond have to do here in order to be taken seriously in the upcoming season? Looking at the list of ladies she should be in the top 3 no problem but....

tulosai

Record Breaker
How well does Osmond have to do here in order to be taken seriously in the upcoming season? Looking at the list of ladies she should be in the top 3 no problem but....

I think it depends what you mean by 'seriously' but I think to be viewed as any kind of potential threat whatsoever to the top ladies she would have to win against this field. It *might* be okay for her to be second depending on who beats her and how they both skate. I think if she is lower than third, it's definitely not a good situation. It would also be especially helpful for her to beat Chartrand, preferably by a large margin, for obvious reasons.

I am very interested to see what kind of shape she will be in.

samson

Medalist
^Good question. I would say for this early on in a return from injury around 170.00 overall would keep red flags at bay for me. (60 sp 110 lp). That would have been enough for third this past weekend in Salt Lake.

This ladies field is interesting. A lot of ladies here who run hot and cold. I'm curious now because think this is a worthy question to also ask about Alaine, Alena, Courtney, and Mirai.

Alex D

Record Breaker

I think for her, having an injury free season is maybe the most important thing right now. She tends to attract injuries like a magnet, , so a season without any of those issues would probably give her a lot of confidence.

She does skate her "old" programs doesn't she? Cindy Lauper and Astor Piazolla. Both sadly didn't get any play last season, if I am not mistaken? Her leg injury was in early September and afterwards she didn't skate anywhere, did she?

I only know about Detroit, where she scored 164.92, sadly I could not find an element list or score spreadsheet of that.

Sackie

Medalist
An injury free season would be nice but I also think she has to re-establish herself as the top Can Lady internationally. Yes she has had injuries but she also has not skated a good International Free skate since she won Skate Canada a few years ago. Let's face it although they say it doesn't matter a skaters rep does come into play in the big events. If they are app to win events the judges are more app to give them extra GOE and PCS. That's why we see scores jump a bit at the Olympics and Worlds.