RUS
Team Canada

CAN
Team China

CHN
Team France
FRA

CaroLiza_fan's total scores for individual skaters:
http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Game-Round-5&p=1147909&viewfull=1#post1147909

Last edited:

A.H.Black

Final Flight
Thanks for the standings. Could we have a little red link to the results page - under the main page title? Thank you.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Doris, iirc, what AHB means is that s/he always appreciates having the Results link added to the event subforum page:

And to the big competitions subforum page:

Thanks for all your work on the WTT threads, Doris :bow:.

ETA, and a specific msg of thanks for completing this addition, Doris.​

Last edited:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Thanks for the result links. I still don't like that the Olympic team competition does not even resemble the WTT even in format or anything really. Also, it seems to play into those with strong singles skaters. The difference in skill levels in dance and ice dance are not as apparent because there are only six teams and if you are unlucky ie in dance when you have 3 top teams really close whereas it is highly possible if not likely that Japan will win the bronze medal despite have two teams (dance and pairs) which realistically would not even qualify to skate the free skate at worlds. At least the Canadian men and women would qualify but most likely a medal for them would be too hard and again any chance would be based on the pairs and dance winning gold but that is tough with the Chinese pairs and the American and French dance teams not to mention the Russians. If this format had been used to determine who made the WTT we probably might have different results as to teams in the finals. It looks like it will be obviously USA unless the singles skaters have a melt down then Russia and Japan followed by Canada, China and France. If the rules said your teams had to qualify for fs well Japan most likely wouldn't even qualify yet because of the rather arbitrary rules they are favourites I just wish there were a m ore consistent means of determining the WTT. This is part of the reason why the wTT is not all that respected.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i agree that there is a need to rethink the way points are calculated.... I don't mind that there are two single skaters but only first from each country should count towards points, giving top six results like in pairs and dance??? or maybe a better graded system like in how points are awarded at grand prix events... 15-13-11 etc.... so at least it is meaningful to have a top team or two... Canada is not only penalized from having lower rank single skaters but is DOUBLY penalized that the strong countries right now in the singles field can beat the single skaters TWICE...i think that REAL DEPTH would be shown by having 2 dance teams and 2 pair teams in the event... but of course, that would mean that Japan and China (for dance) may not be disadvantaged... let alone all other countries who aren't in top six right now... In any case, I find the format illogical and it kills quite a lot of the fun
Thanks for the result links. I still don't like that the Olympic team competition does not even resemble the WTT even in format or anything really. Also, it seems to play into those with strong singles skaters. The difference in skill levels in dance and ice dance are not as apparent because there are only six teams and if you are unlucky ie in dance when you have 3 top teams really close whereas it is highly possible if not likely that Japan will win the bronze medal despite have two teams (dance and pairs) which realistically would not even qualify to skate the free skate at worlds. At least the Canadian men and women would qualify but most likely a medal for them would be too hard and again any chance would be based on the pairs and dance winning gold but that is tough with the Chinese pairs and the American and French dance teams not to mention the Russians. If this format had been used to determine who made the WTT we probably might have different results as to teams in the finals. It looks like it will be obviously USA unless the singles skaters have a melt down then Russia and Japan followed by Canada, China and France. If the rules said your teams had to qualify for fs well Japan most likely wouldn't even qualify yet because of the rather arbitrary rules they are favourites I just wish there were a m ore consistent means of determining the WTT. This is part of the reason why the wTT is not all that respected.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In case anybody is interested, since the ISU are not giving us the overall results for each category on their Results Pages, I have decided to put the tables together myself, to help the scorers of the Predictions Game.

The tables are located in this post:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...Game-Round-5&p=1147909&viewfull=1#post1147909

I should add, PLEASE let me know if I have made any mistakes putting these tables together!

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thanks!!!!! Yay for w/p :)
in case anybody is interested, since the isu are not giving us the overall results for each category on their results pages, i have decided to put the tables together myself, to help the scorers of the predictions game.

The tables are located in this post:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...game-round-5&p=1147909&viewfull=1#post1147909

i should add, please let me know if i have made any mistakes putting these tables together!

Hope this helps

caroliza_fan

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Nice! :rock: My ladies predictions were pretty spot on! Gracie really did me a favor today.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Final standings

RankTeamNation Men Ladies Pairs Ice Dance Total Points
SP FS SP FS SP FS SD FD
1Team U.S.A.
USA
2Team Russia
RUS
3Team Japan