2015 World Team Trophy Gala | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy Gala

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
10:25 local time, according to schedule.

Edit: OOOPS! Sorry, that was just the training. EX is 14:00

Fantastic! Thank you!

That's 10PM, Saturday April 18th, for anyone in the PTZ (US west coast)!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Who exactly is in the gala, other than guests Javier Fernandez and Denis Ten?

Team USA, as the winner, and Team Japan, as the host, will give an ensemble number, if the same forwat is followed as last year.

Jason Brown's Japanese Fan Club has verified he is in the gala.

And no way is Yuzurua Hanyu not in the gala, but because this is such a non-standard event, I am not sure who else. I think all the Japanese team members will skate individual numbers, but the rest is a bit random.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I think all the individual skaters on the winning team get to skate in the gala - but I'm not sure.

yuki

Final Flight
I think all the individual skaters on the winning team get to skate in the gala - but I'm not sure.

This was the gala lineup in 2013, when the USA also won (from here). All members on team USA skated individual numbers and a team performance and the other skaters were chosen from the top 5 for each discipline. This year they didn't tally the total scores, though, so I don't know how they will choose.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Does anyone know when the gala is tomorrow?

14:00 to 17:00 local time.

Who exactly is in the gala, other than guests Javier Fernandez and Denis Ten? ...

Also announced a couple of days ago:

■ MEN:
Shoma UNO (JPN)
ISU World Junior Championships 2015, Champion​
Sena MIYAKE(JPN)
2014 Japan Novice Figure Skating Championships, Novice A 1st place​
■ LADIES:
Wakaba HIGUCHI (JPN)
ISU World Junior Championships 2015, 3rd Place​
Yuna AOKI(JPN)
2014 Japan Novice Figure Skating Championships, Novice A 1st place​

http://skatingjapan.or.jp/image_data/fck/file/2014_Figure/WTT/15WTT_Gala_JrNv_invitedskaters.pdf

... Team USA, as the winner, and Team Japan, as the host, will give an ensemble number, if the same forwat is followed as last year. ..

:agree:

This year's announcement has the following new language (my theory is that it was added to pre-empt unwarranted negativity that arose last time around):
In addition, the team from Japan plus one selected team might be asked to choreograph a team-exhibition.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
sui&han invited!! :cheer: i have to admit though, the 1st time i saw their plants vs zombies program i loved it more, then at worlds it felt kinda empty :slink: florent will be there too :shocked:

slider11

Medalist
Wow....I like their choices. That would be a great performance to see. Love that they include Weaver and Poje.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I am glad to see that the Jingu Ice Messengers Grace synchro team (Japan 1) is included!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
As far as I can tell, Icenetwork is not streaming the gala. Is there a way for those of us in the US to watch it, or will we have to hope that someone to post clips on YouTube?

Tavi...

Record Breaker
As far as I can tell, Icenetwork is not streaming the gala. Is there a way for those of us in the US to watch it, or will we have to hope that someone to post clips on YouTube?

don't you think you can watch it on the ISU stream?

This stream was blocked in the US for the competition but not sure about the gala - this is why I asked.

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
well my guess would be that if it is not streamed by any official network, the stream won't be blocked this time for the gala.
If it is, you could still watch it with Hola unblocker and set it to any country but the US and Japan. It is really easy to dl and use

Tavi...

Record Breaker
well my guess would be that if it is not streamed by any official network, the stream won't be blocked this time for the gala.
If it is, you could still watch it with Hola unblocker and set it to any country but the US and Japan. It is really easy to dl and use

It appears to be blocked in US for the gala.

Last edited:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
I guess what mattered this year was FP and not the sum of both programs? Because the ones who skate as "gold medalists" with encore are P/C (even though W/P have more points SD+FD), same with D/R...