It's possible that Jasmine could win, here's why | Golden Skate

It's possible that Jasmine could win, here's why

Lotta

On the Ice
Well, it's like that with every singer that has performed. They've got their city and town and family and friends backin' them up. I'm sure Fantasia and DD got theirs, like their local hangouts, their schools, and all that jazz. Remember last year's AI, Clay's hometown of.... I forgot what it was. The supporters practically filled an arena top and bottom. And Ruben's got his church peoples.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Clay had Raliegh, Wake Forest, AND Charlotte all voting for him

in his hometown... his "home church" rented a movie theatre and brought in the feed so they could all see the screen :laugh: oh and every Wednesday night the ladies would pray for him at the prayer meetings ;) :)

brenlynn

On the Ice
i don't see the big deal, like someone else said... it could happen with any one of the contestants and it's not like it hasn't happened before.

jasmine does have a big advantage being from hawaii, they are 5 hours behind EST, so do they even compete with any other states during their "calling hours"? i doubt it.

oh wel, that's the way the cookie crumbles. IMO they need to change the voting process somehow next season, I think Internet voting would be good, it would allow people unlimited voting, and as far as I am concerned if someone wants to vote they should be allowed to as many times as they want. Or limiting the votes to one per household, but i am not sure there is a way to do that :confused:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
there is a way to limit the times you call from any one phone number... NBC's "Last Comic Standing" allows only 5 votes per contestant per phone number. It worked, and the right person won...IMHO.

the only state that Hawaii has to "compete with" is Alaska... Alaska overlaps one hour with CA, WA, and OR... and then it overlaps with Hawaii.