2016 Four Continents: Feb 16 - 21, 2016 | Golden Skate

2016 Four Continents: Feb 16 - 21, 2016

ice coverage

Record Breaker

pororocheburashka

On the Ice
Change from 9–14 February 2016 to February 16 - 21 2016
because of the Chinese New Year: February 8 2016.
Problems with transport (busy), attendance, shops closed etc.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for the info golden! I can always count on you to keep me updated on skating news, much appreciated!

OniBan

Final Flight
is anyone going for this event?
am thinking seriously of making the trip down to Taipei to see my first ever live figure skating competition :)

OniBan

Final Flight
Obviously, the CTSU organizing committee for 4CC-2016 is working faster this time. The online ticket booking system is actually open as of the moment:
http://ticket.fcc2016taipei.com/

May I ask a silly question? since this is the first time I am attempting this
So I signed in, and tried booking a couple of tickets for the ladies' event. So, am I to assume that if I am to present my booking ID on the day of the event itself, and get the tickets at the counter and pay it on the spot? Is that correct? or do I have to redeem the tickets in person earlier (I am not in Taiwan btw)? Or do I need to pay for these tickets somewhere earlier to 'lock it down'?

Sorry for the silly question, but if anyone can help out a newbie here I would be so grateful :)

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
You do not have to pay for the tickets--they are free of charge. Just go to the arena with your booking information and pick up the tickets.

reni

Rinkside
So I signed in, and tried booking a couple of tickets for the ladies' event. So, am I to assume that if I am to present my booking ID on the day of the event itself, and get the tickets at the counter and pay it on the spot? Is that correct? or do I have to redeem the tickets in person earlier (I am not in Taiwan btw)? Or do I need to pay for these tickets somewhere earlier to 'lock it down'?

Sorry for the silly question, but if anyone can help out a newbie here I would be so grateful :)

4CC Tickets are free. Just need to book them online and arrive the arena 30 minutes before each event (official website wrote 60 minutes earlier in Chinese version) to get tickets.

I already booked my tickets. Hope I will see WP and HB there.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker

The tickets are free of charge and apparently the men's event is already sold out?

OniBan

Final Flight
You do not have to pay for the tickets--they are free of charge. Just go to the arena with your booking information and pick up the tickets.

That's awesome - thank you so beebee51!!
(and oh wow, tickets are free? I thought I'd at least have to pay when I present the booking info XD XD)

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
When I attended in 2011, all tickets in your order could be picked up on the first day (maybe it was even the first practice day).

OniBan

Final Flight
The tickets are free of charge and apparently the men's event is already sold out?

yeah when I got to the booking page, the men's fs and exhibition was ALL sold out @_@

When I attended in 2011, all tickets in your order could be picked up on the first day (maybe it was even the first practice day).

I see! Thanks so much for the info! Boy this is exciting XDDD February can't come soon enough!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It seems there is discrepancy in the Chinese version of the webpage and English version (Sorry I haven't checked the Japanese version, and I don't really read Korean....)
In the Chinese version, it states that there are 3 stages/periods of tickets requesting/booking time. And 2000 tickets will be released for each stage.
Stage 1: Oct 19-Nov 6
Stage 2: Nov 7- Nov 30
Stage 3: Dec 1-Dec 21

Once the tickets is booked online, you have to arrive 60 min prior to the start of the event to get the tickets at the arena. The terms and info can be found here:
http://ticket.fcc2016taipei.com/rule.php

According to the past experience (per 4CC 2014), the tickets will probably only have assigned sections/areas, not actual seating numbers. In other words, there's no seat assignment and it is based on first come first serve policy (unless anything gets changed by the organization ppl).

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
The English website was updated to match the Chinese version. It also says that tickets can be picked up beginning February 15.

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
The English website was updated to match the Chinese version. It also says that tickets can be picked up beginning February 15.

Thanks for the info, but apparently they forget to update this info on the Chinese version, and they also need to update the opening hours as shown on the ticket booking page:
http://ticket.fcc2016taipei.com/

(oh, well....the ppl working on different language versions are just not in sync)

knorrngonngon

Rinkside
Hi everybody, this is my first post ever on the forum :D.

Since I'm trying my best to come to 4CC as my first-ever-figure-skating competition, I'm wondering a little bit about how to get the tickets.
I know that we can book online for the tickets and all the tickets for the men's competition and the exhibition have been "sold out" already in this first period (even though they are free). However, I'm quite confused here. Does it mean if we get our tickets booked online, we can 100% get the printed tickets for the competition when coming to the ticketing counter to get it? Or the printed tickets are limited, and even if we have our booked-online tickets, we still have to come to get the printed ones on the first-come, first-serve basis?

Anyone has any ideas about this? Can you please help me solve this problem? :(
Thanks a lot!

UPDATED: I just PM-ed the official page on Facebook of 4CC and got the answer. For anybody having the same inquiries as mine, once you get your tickets booked online, you'll get your printed tickets for sure. Only those who don't make the booking online have to queue on the first-come, first-serve basis to get the tickets.

Last edited:

OniBan

Final Flight
Useful info, thank you :) I thought we had to line up as soon as we can to get the physical/ printed ticket even though we booked them online, in order to get seats. But it's nice to know we don't actually have to.
(and hello!! Welcome to the forum!!)

First figure skating competition goer here too! Kinda nervous about doing this, but very excited as well.
I hope I can get the men's fs and exhibition tickets once the 2nd stage booking is out :)

Last edited: