"SC's season of change" article on USFSA | Page 3 | Golden Skate

"SC's season of change" article on USFSA

RIskatingfan

On the Ice
She didn't attempt any 3-3 in Dortmund, but she landed a clean 3lutz-3toe in her Rachmaninoff program at Worlds in DC.

bronxgirl

Medalist
VIETgrlTerifa said:
I think Sasha did do a 3/3 at 2003 Worlds. Maybe you're thinking of 2004 Worlds. [/QUOTE

You're right, I was thinkg if Dortmund, not DC (Sorry, my bad)

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks for the great article! I noticed Sasha says she is "working on the quad" in order to compete with the other ladies in the field because there is "more emphasis on the technical than the artistic skating." I hope Sasha does not sacrifice her beautiful artistic edge quality for the sake of a quad. Personally, I would rather watch her graceful flow anyday over an extra turn in the air.

euterpe

Medalist
Sasha did do a 3Z/3T in her FS at Worlds 2003, but immediately after that, she collapsed on a spin and fell on a 3T. I think she got so excited about landing the 3/3 that she totally lost concentration. She attempted no 3/3s in her 2003-2004 programs.

Sasha did have a clean skate at the spring cheesefest, but inexplicably couldn't do it at Nationals or Worlds. Somehow, the pressure in the major competitions gets to her and inhibits her performance.

Sasha did have a clean skate at the spring cheesefest, but inexplicably couldn't do it at Nationals or Worlds. Somehow, the pressure in the major competitions gets to her and inhibits her performance. [/B]

She did have an exceptionally fine Quali Round in Dortmund.

Joe

euterpe

Medalist
Sasha went into the FS at Nationals AND at Worlds in the driver's seat (1st place). What is different between her cheesefest performance and her FSs at Nationals and Worlds was freedom, lightness and joy .

It seems when a championship is in the balance, as it was in both FSs, Sasha freezes up and is so tight and inhibited that she doesn't skate well. When the pressure is off, she can skate beautifully.