Plushenko rushed to hospital | Golden Skate

Plushenko rushed to hospital

andromica

Rinkside
He was very sick with high fever and could just bearly speak on Tuesday and had to be rushed to hospital. He was taken cared of by the ICU and they found out that he has bilateral pneumonia and an inflammation to his ear. The rest can be read over at FSU and here's the link...

link here

I will send him my prayers and I hope he will recover soon. :cry:

EDIT: sorry! The bloody link wouldn't work at first but now it does.

Last edited:

bronxgirl

Medalist
I'm sure that he is getting the best care available, and I hope he returns to full strength and health quickly.

Kasey

Medalist
Poor Plush! :( As a nurse, it sounds serious, like he could have an empyema also (like a pus pocket on the lung). Even if it isn't that, I hope he takes the time to fully heal from this. It can take weeks or even months to fully heal and regain strength from such a serious-sounding infection. Wow, poor guy.

Kasey

Vash01

Medalist
I am very sorry to hear this. I hope he recovers soon, but more important, I hope he allows lots of time for full recovery instead of rushing back to training.

Get well soon Plushenko!

Vash

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Very sad to hear these news... I hope that he´ll find patience to take time off to recover fully and also will have the knee surgery soon. I´m wishing so much to see a healthy and uninjured Evgeni competing next season and preparing gradually for the 2006 Olympics...

Kateri

On the Ice
My gawd, that sounds horrible!:( :eek:

however did he get that bad without getting medical attention earlier??

I really hope he gets better soon and makes a full recovery.
all the best wishes for him.

kat.:(

bronxgirl

Medalist
Kateri said:
My gawd, that sounds horrible!:( :eek:

however did he get that bad without getting medical attention earlier??

I really hope he gets better soon and makes a full recovery.
all the best wishes for him.

kat.:(

Like so many of us (athletes or not), he probably ignored earlier symptoms

shdotz

On the Ice
EP's illness

This is terrible news.

Let's hope and pray that he gets well and takes all the time he needs to heal. I should think that by next season he will again be able to skate.

His body neds to heal and his immune system needs to kick in big time.

EP is such a brilliant skater; he's also fun to watch when he does the unexpected.

To Whomever: Please keep us up to date on his progress.

Thanks, sh

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
That's so terrible!

I, too, wonder how it got so bad. You'd think that skaters would see doctors all the time.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There are now additional comments that the condition was not as bad as reported. He still needs to take care of himself.

Dee

andromica

Rinkside
I have more news. It was posted on the FSU...

link

Here's a little piece from the translated interview with Mishin...

Mishin told the reporter that "Zhenya has an otitis. It's very unpleasant but not deadly. Where did he get it? The doctors say that most likely, it's because of numerous pressure changes that happen during the flights. Zhenya is in hospital in Moscow. He was supposed to participate in the exhibition in Podolsk with best Russian skaters. But look what happened... Naturally, Zhenya won't be going to Rostov where the next show is scheduled."

Q: Was his disease so serious that it requried putting Zhenya in ICU?

A: It's not that scary, don't worry. He was put in ICU to prevent complications. If you don't take care of otitis, there is a risk for meningitis.

Q: How long will Zhenya remain in the hospital?

A: It's hard to say. The doctors say that the medicine is not exact science.

Q: Will the ice show in St. Petersburg still go on? It was scheduled for May 28-29 and Zhenya is the organizer.

A: No doubt. There is a big chance that Zhenya will have time to recover. I am sure that the spectators won't be dissapointed. Also, I want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who calls with the words of support for Zhenya and me (my phone is hot already). It is very nice and this support is very important to us.

It's good news, however, it's still serious enough to spend a week in hospital. Hopefully they will take good care fo him.
:)

Kasey

Medalist
That's a little confusing, because otitis does not involve the lungs....unless the earlier report was off base. I do hope he takes the time to get better and heal properly.

Kasey

icenut84

Final Flight
When I first saw this thread title I was :eek: :cry: :cry:

I'm glad it's not as bad as they thought.

Get well soon Evgeny!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

gezando

Final Flight
two-sided pneumonia and also an inflammation of the middle ear. (

Hope he is well soon, pneumonia on both lungs and middle ear inflammation. He may have to take some time off the heavy schedule. I had right side walking pneumonia once, just walking pneumonia, I stilll had to take a course of heavy gun antibiotics, and it took 10 days to clear.