CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
you need another Sophia's earworm to get rid of the first one? :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk7RR5PxPs8

here you go.

I'm afraid that song didn't have any effect on me at all. "Bing Bang Bong" was still firmly stuck in my head.

HOWEVER, when I listened to one of the songs you mentioned in your last PM, it did manage to dislodge Sophia:

Angra - "Wuthering Heights"

It's actually quite a good cover of Kate Bush's song.

And in case anybody is wondering, yes, I watched an adaptation of "Wuthering Heights" earlier this week. The 1939 adaptation, starring Laurence Olivier, Merle Oberon and David Niven.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
More songs from films! :)

The films I watched today weren't musicals. But the films I watched yesterday were. And ever since, my head has been continuously jumping between the main song from each of them!

First up was "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes", starring Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe. Although Jane does a reprise of part of it later in the film, I am going to link to the full length performance:

Marilyn Monroe - "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend"

The song from the second film is actually the title song, performed by the star of the show:

Liza Minelli - "Cabaret"

The opening lines are kinda prophetic for the moment:

"What good is sitting alone in your room? Come, hear the music play."

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just finished watching the film "Guardians Of The Tomb". And during the credits, this was played:

Kimble Rendall And The Splice - "Itsy Bitsy Spider"

Yes, seriously. Unfortunately, I can't find it anywhere. Which is a pity, because I'm sure you all wanted to hear a rock version of a nursery rhyme.

I'm still trying to work out why on Earth I decided to put a film like that on just before going to bed. Because I'll be having nightmares about spiders all night! :eek:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am afraid that we are back to the obituaries.

Dave Greenfield, the keyboardist with The Stranglers, has died from COVID-19.

He had been in hospital for some time due to heart problems. But then he got the virus.

Here is their most famous song, which Dave wrote:

The Stranglers - "Golden Brown"

My thoughts are with his family, friends, and fans.

CaroLiza_fan

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am afraid that we are back to the obituaries.

Dave Greenfield, the keyboardist with The Stranglers, has died from COVID-19.

He had been in hospital for some time due to heart problems. But then he got the virus.

Here is their most famous song, which Dave wrote:

The Stranglers - "Golden Brown"

CaroLiza_fan

Oh so sad... I love that song, I always have.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
elektra blue is going to burst out laughing when she reads this.

I haven't even heard the song since we heard it being played in the arena during a skating competition earlier this season. But, while eating last night, we were watching a quiz show and the presenter mentioned a song in passing. And it has been stuck in my head since.

Sabrina Salerno - "Boys"

So much for my efforts in trying to get it into elektra's head that I am not obsessed with Sabrina, and that this song is the only reason I know of her! :drama:

Fortunately, I have now managed to get it out of my head by listening to this:

Various Artists - "Makridromos"

This song is a Greek Cypriot adaptation of the Turkish song "Uzun İnce Bir Yoldayım" (English: "I Walk On A Long And Narrow Road"), which was originally written by Aşik Veysel.

This version was adapted by Giorgos Kalogirou (I don't know if he is anything to Eliana Kalogirou, the 2015 and 2016 Cypriot Basic Novice B Champion who made her only Junior GP appearance at the 2018 Amber Cup). In this case, the "long road" being referred to is Ledra Street (the main shopping street in Nicosia's old town), which is divided between the Northern and Southern parts of the island.

Boys, but it must have taken a lot of work to put this all together during lockdown conditions! :drama:

:bow: :clap: :rock: :points:

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just heard that Millie Small has died after having a stroke.

So, as a tribute, I just had to listen to her most famous song (which I only found out there now is actually a cover version):

Millie Small - "My Boy Lollipop"

I know my Uncle will be upset when he hears. When he was a wee boy, he used to go around singing "My Boy Pop" (as he thought it was called) all the time. So, when it was his 50[SUP]th[/SUP] birthday a few years back, my Mum decided to be cheeky and bought him a copy of the single! :laugh:

Although I have heard the song loads of times over the years, I didn't actually know that much about Millie beyond her name. So, I was surprised to find out that she was as old as 17 when "My Boy Lollipop" was released. I always imagined that she was a wee girl of about 6 or 7.

Which is probably why it came as such a shock when I saw the headline that she had died. Because I thought she was much younger than she was.

My thoughts are with her family, friends, and fans.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
During a conversation via PM with to a fellow GS member last week, I included a link to the following routine by Ashley Larson (Dakotah FSC):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9I4NNIm7EI

Unfortunately, it was announced today that the singer of the song she was skating to, Hillard "Sweet Pea" Atkinson, died from a heart attack on Monday.

So, here is the full song:

Was (Not Was) - "Walk The Dinosaur"

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm a bad person. A very bad person.

After reading about the injury Brian May sustained while gardening, a certain song that he wrote popped into my head:

Queen - "Fat Bottomed Girls"

Get well soon, Brian.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I am afraid that I have to post that Little Richard has died from bone cancer.

Everything I said when Bill Withers died could equally be said about Little Richard. He had such a distinctive voice, and his songs were so recognisable that you could identify them after hearing just a couple of notes.

I know I usually post a song to mark somebody's death, but how on Earth do you choose one song to represent Little Richard?! He had so many great songs!

So, I have chosen a medley which includes the song that achieved his highest UK chart position:

Little Richard - "Long Tall Sally / Tutti Frutti"

CaroLiza_fan

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I am afraid that I have to post that Little Richard has died from bone cancer.

Everything I said when Bill Withers died could equally be said about Little Richard. He had such a distinctive voice, and his songs were so recognisable that you could identify them after hearing just a couple of notes.

I know I usually post a song to mark somebody's death, but how on Earth do you choose one song to represent Little Richard?! He had so many great songs!

So, I have chosen a medley which includes the song that achieved his highest UK chart position:

Little Richard - "Long Tall Sally / Tutti Frutti"

CaroLiza_fan

Thanks for posting this.. He is one of the greats!!

LUCILLE is my favorite. .

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K4fNqoHzeO4

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I don't normally do chain letters, but there is one doing the rounds at the minute asking you to post a photo of one album a day for ten days that had an impact on your life. And I thought it would be an interesting exercise to take part in.

The thing is, it is that long since I listened to the first tape that my parents bought for me that I couldn't remember which of her songs were on it (yes, these were the days before I had a CD player). So, I just re-listened to it via this YouTube playlist:

Sonia Evans - "Everybody Knows" (1990)

I know. The guy who makes no secret of how much he loves 70's rock has included an album that is pure early 90's pop! :drama:

There goes what little street cred I had... :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I don't normally do chain letters, but there is one doing the rounds at the minute asking you to post a photo of one album a day for ten days that had an impact on your life. And I thought it would be an interesting exercise to take part in.

The thing is, it is that long since I listened to the first tape that my parents bought for me that I couldn't remember which of her songs were on it (yes, these were the days before I had a CD player). So, I just re-listened to it via this YouTube playlist:

Sonia Evans - "Everybody Knows" (1990)

I know. The guy who makes no secret of how much he loves 70's rock has included an album that is pure early 90's pop! :drama:

There goes what little street cred I had... :slink:

CaroLiza_fan

the first, first first? it's probably this one :laugh:

https://img.discogs.com/P2TcYR99N-v...ogs-images/R-2993282-1571646078-5488.jpeg.jpg

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Awwww!!! I see Dogtanian!!! :cheer: :clap: :rock: :party2: :points:

I was thinking in terms of albums from actual music acts. If we are talking "first, first first" tape, I had a 2 tape set that was something along the same lines as what you posted:

"Children's TV Favourites" (1972)

It was a 2-tape set released as part of the "Ditto Childrens Series" by the record label Ditto (which was a subsidiary of Pickwick International). But, I can't find any trace of it on the internet! :drama:

HOWEVER, I did find a "Golden Hour of Children's T.V. Favourites" that was released in the same year by a different label, Golden Hour (which was a subsidiary of Pye Records). And looking through the track listings, it has the exact same songs, but in a totally different order:

https://www.discogs.com/Unknown-Artist-Golden-Hour-of-Childrens-TV-Favourites/release/7027071

Incidentally, this was the first album I bought myself:

Billie Piper - "Honey To The B"

I actually went as far as to buy both the tape and the CD at the same time! Suffice to say, I had a MASSIVE crush on her! :love: :love: :love:

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Watched the film "Hello Down There" this afternoon, and I just cannot get the following song out of my head:

Harold And The Hang-Ups - "Hey, Little Goldfish"

And I have a feeling it is going to be stuck in there for a long time!

Please be aware, this is a fictional band. The members of the band are played by Richard Dreyfus (lead vocals), Lou Wagner (drums), Kay Cole (keyboards), and Gary Tigerman (guitar). As to whether any of them are actually performing on the song, I haven't a clue!

There was another catchy song in the film, but it wasn't quite as successful at getting stuck. And the video on YouTube isn't very good quality, either in terms of picture or sound. But, here it is anyway:

Harold And The Hang-Ups - "Glub"

I have to be honest, going into it, I wasn't sure if the film was going to be any good. But it was.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't get the chance to post this at the time, but I watched the film "It's Great To Be Young" (1956) yesterday. And I got a very pleasant surprise when I heard one of the most famous singers from Belfast singing over the opening credits. So, here is the full song:

Ruby Murray - "You Are My First Love"

Very enjoyable film. I would definitely recommend it.

I have to admit that I did find my eyes drawn a lot to the leading actress, Dorothy Bromiley. For a start, she was clearly a lot older than the schoolgirl she was playing (she was actually 26 at the time). Secondly, she looked so familiar, but I couldn't place why. And when I looked at her filmography, I thought "no, I haven't watched any of those". So, I resigned myself that she must remind me of somebody else.

I looked at her filmography again there now, and I spotted something I had missed the previous time I looked at it. And I burst out laughing. She had been in the film that I had watched the day before, "Small Hotel" (1957)!!! :laugh:

Dorothy may have only had a small role in that film, but she clearly must have made an impression on me! :agree:

Incidentally, "Small Hotel" was very funny! And very eye-opening. It may be short (58 minutes), but it is definitely worth watching if you can get access to it.

CaroLiza_fan

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Today is the 40th anniversary of Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back. John Williams was 48 when he wrote the score. In January 2020, he conducted the Vienna Philharmonic in the Imperial March from that movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsMWVW4xtwI

The Love the Vienna horns!

Williams recalls: “We played two rehearsals with the orchestra, at the end of which the orchestra management said: ‘Can we play the Imperial March from Star Wars?’ And I hadn’t programmed that. I thought I had already asked the brass to play quite enough big music.

“But as I understand it, the brass players in the orchestra themselves requested that we would play the Imperial March. So, at the end of the rehearsal we played it, they had the music, everyone seemed to know it.

“I felt very grateful to them for giving me chance to play it at the end of the programme. I loved it.”

classicfm