Showbiz Moms and Dads | Golden Skate

Showbiz Moms and Dads

Jill

On the Ice
Has anyone been following Show Biz Moms & Dads? Or is it Stage Moms & Dads? It's on Bravo on Wednesday nights and it's a hoot!

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
I have watched some of it but prefer "Family Plots". IMO the whole child pageant thing is crazy. Most of the girls and their parents did not seem to be having fun. Why do parents insist on putting their children into every activity that is avaiable?

There was a little girl in my Brownie troop a few years ago that always had a Wendy's bag in her hand because her mom rushed her from activity to activity and there was never time to eat except on the run. From the minute school was out until bedtime every day of the week this child was either at cheerleading, dance, sports, scouts, or church activities. B******* began having abdominal pain with nausea and vomiting. She was finally diagnosed as having a bowel obstruction because she was not taking the time to go the the bathroom.

mpal2

Final Flight
I had to watch this show. I got addicted and couldn't stop watching. I would just like to know who Debbie Tye is comparing herself to if she's "not that bad". I know some of this is editing, but you can only do so much. The raw material has to be there.

I was glad to hear that the dad from the Nutter family finally stopped forcing Grace on auditions. That was insane. Did anyone catch the Oprah show when they were on it? I'm not at home during that time so I didn't see it.

Jordan and her mom (Tiffany). That girl is such a teenage brat although I was impressed by the 6 month catch-up show. Jordan admitted she was a brat and needed to grow up and take more responsibility for herself. There may be hope.

I must say that Shane's mom got on my nerves, but not because she was a bad stage mom. I just think her personality is really strong and I don't deal well with people like her. :laugh: I thought she was doing all right though. I thought she pushed Shane when he needed it and supported him when it was time.

I loved Jordan and Kimberly. I thought they were handling Hollywood the best. I see this kid continuing on in the future and doing extremely well.

Jill

On the Ice
Of all the families, I liked Jordan and Kimberly, too. They seemed like nice people and little Jordan seems unaffected by the attention she's getting.

Shane is a good dancer, and that's about it. His mom is delusional.

Jordan(the blonde with all the zits) is a no-talent skank and her mom is dreaming.

Duncan Nutter lives up to his last name, and his wife is a real wus.

Emily Tye is a dear little girl who's mother is an @$$h0l!e. I feel for the kid, but it seems like she's into the pageant thing, especially when she's winning.