2015 World Team Trophy results are absent from ISU's skater pages | Golden Skate

2015 World Team Trophy results are absent from ISU's skater pages

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Red flag for the "historians" among us:

The ISU Competition Results pages for individual skaters show no sign of 2015 WTT -- although they show results from previous WTTs. Examples:

And no sign of 2015 WTT on Max's and Ashley's ISU bio pages (although 2013 WTT appears on both).

Jason's and Satoko's PBs at WTT 2015 do appear on their ISU bio pages.

Maybe the absence of WTT 2015 results on the ISU pages stems from this year's change that placement points were not based on the combined SP+FS score.

In any case, I am displeased at the lack of WTT 2015 documentation on the skater pages.
From the ISU links above, one would have no way of knowing that Max and Ashley even competed at 2015 WTT.
The same will be true for Jason and Satoko after they exceed their PBs at 2015 WTT.

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Good catch! Maybe alert ISU? I hope this is an oversight and not a deliberate decision not to include those results for the skaters.

Meoima

Match Penalty
It's the same for all skaters who have joined WTT. Even though their PB and SB got counted.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It's the same for all skaters who have joined WTT. Even though their PB and SB got counted.

Yes, that was exactly my point -- that it is true for all 2015 WTT skaters. That is what is making me unhappy.

As I had said above, I was using Max, Ashley, Jason, and Satoko as examples.

And it is weird to me that the the ISU's skater pages show WTT results for previous years, but not 2015 WTT (unless PBs).

Last edited:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Lol, I thought the ISU excluded the listing only for those specific skaters, but its for all the participants. Anyways, aren't they usually behind on these things anyways? If its been a few months then I'd be annoyed but its only been a few weeks. :shrug:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Good catch! Maybe alert ISU? I hope this is an oversight and not a deliberate decision not to include those results for the skaters.

Thx for your suggestion re contacting the ISU.
Maybe I will e-mail the ISU -- although it will be more like "constructive criticism" rather than an alert.
I have a bad feeling that it is not an oversight, but I suppose it would not hurt to express my concern directly to them.

Lol, I thought the ISU excluded the listing only for those specific skaters, but its for all the participants. Anyways, aren't they usually behind on these things anyways? If its been a few months then I'd be annoyed but its only been a few weeks. :shrug:

To the ISU's credit, its website usually is updated extremely promptly.
I have checked skater pages within hours of the completion of a segment at a GP or ISU championship, and the new results already are included.
So my hunch is that this 2015 WTT issue is not a matter of lag time.

I have not checked the links for all thirty-six 2015 WTT entries.
But the four examples (representing two countries) that I gave seemed like an adequate sample to me.
Two more that fit the unfortunate pattern:

Last edited: