Hotels Worlds 2016 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Hotels Worlds 2016

someday

Rinkside
You can find that rate, but you will not be located in a convenient area. I just bit the bullet and went with one of the arranged hotels. Search hotels.com.

Thanks! I think it's going to be almost impossible to find something near by.

aa456

On the Ice
Thanks! I think it's going to be almost impossible to find something near by.

same here. i forgot to make reservations earlier and now find it exceedingly hard to find anything that's 1) reasonably priced and 2) not sketchy.

I'm also just going to find the best rate I can near public transit and go with it.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
The LOC has the following available, Midtown ($169+ taxes) and Colonnade ($205 + taxes) if anyone is looking for a hotel room for at least 4 nights. http://worlds2016.com/hotels/

Many of the special discounts for the listed hotels are gone, but not all of them. Going to the worlds2016.com site and checking each one won't take too much time but there are still deals to be had.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
If it helps the Midtown Hotel is a basic but very pleasant business hotel very centrally located.. The MBTA Orange Line (which goes direct to the TD Garden) is just a couple of steps from the Hotel's front entrance definitely a plus. Chinatown & downtown crossing a five minute walk and Tufts NE Medical Center is across the street! Starbuck's also at entrance level. The Hotel gives each guest giant hot chocolate chip cookies - sweet!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My host on airbnb just accepted my resquest. So happy, thats one thing I don't have to worry about :yahoo: I'm such a procrastinator. Nice to know somethings never change :laugh: Anyway its right across the Charlestown bridge near Winthrop square so 15 minute walk to TD Garden. I think this should help me get to those 6am practices :laugh:

ETA: ugh got to buy Amtrak tickets now then I'm done!

Last edited:

winky97

Medalist
My host on airbnb just accepted my resquest. So happy, thats one thing I don't have to worry about :yahoo: I'm such a procrastinator. Nice to know somethings never change :laugh: Anyway its right across the Charlestown bridge near Winthrop square so 15 minute walk to TD Garden. I think this should help me get to those 6am practices :laugh:

ETA: ugh got to buy Amtrak tickets now then I'm done!

I will likely be safely tucked away in my room at the Westin during 6am practices. I could have a room in TD Garden itself and probably would have a hard time making a 6am practice. If all you have left to do is to purchase a train ticket I say you are in pretty good shape.

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, perhaps I ought to give you all fair warning:

karne is not a morning person.

shyne

Final Flight
Feel bad for the skaters who have to get up way before 6 to get ready for he 6am practice.

oceanle

Rinkside
If anyone knows a promocode for hotels. I clearly came to this late and haven't booked my hotel yet. The rates are crazy high especially for Canadians that need to tack an additional 40%. Yikes. Might just go with the hostel route.

oceanle

Rinkside
I will probably go with the hostel route as it's much cheaper. The exchange rate is terrible!!

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
If anyone knows a promocode for hotels. I clearly came to this late and haven't booked my hotel yet. The rates are crazy high especially for Canadians that need to tack an additional 40%. Yikes. Might just go with the hostel route.

Each hotel seems to have a separate promo code. Best thing to do is go to the Worlds website. They have a list of hotels that still have openings for their discount. Then go to the one you choose and it will take you to the promo code you need. Good luck!

oceanle

Rinkside
Thanks!!!! I booked the HI hostel as i would like to meet other travellers.

Each hotel seems to have a separate promo code. Best thing to do is go to the Worlds website. They have a list of hotels that still have openings for their discount. Then go to the one you choose and it will take you to the promo code you need. Good luck!

winky97

Medalist

40%!!!! Ugh I guess I won't complain about the rate anymore!

vadrouille

Rinkside
I am Canadian too. I will go to Boston. I bought the tour with Dash Tour. I will stay at Holiday Inn near Lechmere Station on the green line, two stations to North Station and TD Arena. Balcony section 316, row 1 for all-event. Hope to meet all fans in Boston.
Vadrouille, first name Nina.

KansaiPJ

On the Ice
I am Canadian too. I will go to Boston. I bought the tour with Dash Tour. I will stay at Holiday Inn near Lechmere Station on the green line, two stations to North Station and TD Arena. Balcony section 316, row 1 for all-event. Hope to meet all fans in Boston.
Vadrouille, first name Nina.

Hi Nina (and everyone),

I am an American living in Japan. I will be there as well. My name is PJ. I am staying at a couple of different hotels during the event, but if you see me at the TD Gardens, please say hello :yay: - I am easy to spot, tall and bald :rofl:. I will be in Loge 3 row 2 for all the events.

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Hi PJ - I'm in Loge 2 for all events. Love your videos! I will definitely stop by to say hello. A bunch of us are using SLACK app to share info and meet up. Join us! SLACK group gsatworlds

Hi Nina (and everyone),

I am an American living in Japan. I will be there as well. My name is PJ. I am staying at a couple of different hotels during the event, but if you see me at the TD Gardens, please say hello :yay: - I am easy to spot, tall and bald :rofl:. I will be in Loge 3 row 2 for all the events.

vadrouille

Rinkside
Hi PJ, Bonesfan and everybody
Thank you. I will try to find you and say hello. I don't know about Slack app, so I may miss your meet up. I am afraid in Balcony I don't get a great view of the skaters on the ice. I will bring my binoculars.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Hi PJ, Bonesfan and everybody
Thank you. I will try to find you and say hello. I don't know about Slack app, so I may miss your meet up. I am afraid in Balcony I don't get a great view of the skaters on the ice. I will bring my binoculars.

If you PM me your email (you too KansaiPJ!), I can send you an invite to the Slack group. It's easy to access, you can access to it on the mobile web or download the app.