Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
They certainly have the most innovative approach to the chosen music. Can't wait to see them in O. Nepala with their SD costumes. Hope the judges will love their programs as much as I do. Will these programs provoke love-or-hate reaction?

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Well, I must say still not a fan of their SD and it did not score that well at Nepala. But, I was pleasantly surprised by their FD!! Very imaginative, interesting. It flowed well too and I must rate is at the most original yet of this season. In my non-expert opinion (but the judges seemed to suggest it too), if they can fix that SD, they could be competitive this season with that FD.

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
In my non-expert opinion (but the judges seemed to suggest it too), if they can fix that SD, they could be competitive this season with that FD.
Judges didn't put them first with that FD, though. The technical panel did. Judges gave them lower PCS than to Shibutanis and Coomes/Buckland. They have to skate the FD even better to be sure to get the PCS needed to win over Coomes/Buckland and Shibutanis also at Worlds. Because, otherwise, if S/S and C/B improve their technical score, G/P could loose to them next time. But I am quite sure that their FD will get better also PCS wise as the season progresses. Shibutanis will also get better, though. It's what happens to most skaters during the season. Not so sure about Coomes/Buckland - they are skating this FD for the second season, after all, so there is less room for improvement PCS wise.

As for G/P's SD, that too can get better during the season even without changes to music, choreography and costumes. Like in the FD, they seemed slowish in it this time. Surely the speed will improve, and then they will get better PCS.

Last edited:

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Thanks for your analysis lauravvv. I understand. I agree, I expect all of them to improve and fix things. I think the Shibs could definitely fix their levels etc. as the season goes along. I do think though that GP FD is very interesting, quite original this season.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i already liked the sd but wasn't sure about the fd until now…loving it. congrats on winning the event!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Though honestly I am not much of a fan I just wanted to come here and say how nice and sincere their K&C reaction to winning was! It really warmed my heart! Congratulations to them :cheer:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just watched their FD and I'm enchanted by it. It's definitely not traditional, but I love it anyways. Can't wait to see them skate at Skate America! Just 19 days left!

tvuckic16

Final Flight
I am really excited now for Skate America. I can't wait to see HB, hope they have something good. I also really like YM, we'll see how they have cleaned up their FD, I like their SD. CB will be there of course and now GP with that FD, it will be an interesting competition.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am really excited now for Skate America. I can't wait to see HB, hope they have something good. I also really like YM, we'll see how they have cleaned up their FD, I like their SD. CB will be there of course and now GP with that FD, it will be an interesting competition.

Same here! I can't wait to see them at Skate America either! Just 18 days left!

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
I am really excited now for Skate America. I can't wait to see HB, hope they have something good.
Hawayek/Baker will compete at Finlandia Trophy this week. It's very likely that there will be videos, and we will be able to see their programs then.

tvuckic16

Final Flight
Excited to see their FD at the GP. Best FD of the season so far in terms of originality and composition in my view, can't speak to technical skills.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Here's a new interview with some insight into their current programs and goals for this season.