Gabrielle Daleman | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Gabrielle Daleman

TGee

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if she practices these jumps at her home club? When I watched Alaine's attempt at a 3A, I was reminded of Michelle Menzies/Jean-Michel Bombardier of 90's pairs fame. You knew that they were going to attempt triple jumps, but the odds of success were not likely.

I think Gabby has the capability more so than Alaine, of completing a 3A or a 4T.

Toronto Cricket, Skating and Curling is her club of record since at least 2015-16. Hilltop SC is listed as her former club....

Unlike Alaine, who clearly maintains an attachment to Prescott SC in her home town [even if she has had other clubs of record], we haven't heard any reports of Gabby maintaining a tie to Hilltop SC and training there. But it was clear that much of Gabby's huge jump technique was formed there.

Alaine's situation is fairly unique. It's been important for her to continue to live at home with her family, and so she travels with her father to be able to access the coaching she needs. While she was mainly with Leonid Birenberg at Nepean SC for much of her development, they've been on the road going to seminars and seeking a variety of coaching input from the early days.

The media reports from last spring indicate that she trains during the week either in Prescott with longtime coach Mary Jayne Rachotte or in Ottawa, a little over an hour away, with Robert Kasimir. They take their motorhome to Missisauga several hours away on Friday night so that she can work with Michelle Leigh Saturday mornings, and then into Toronto to work with Brian Orser on Saturday afternoons.

liv

Record Breaker
Compared to other 2As in the world, hers is very good, with good height and distance. While other girls have fast rotation, she has height and distance on her side, so if she could rein in that adrenaline...

thoakun

Final Flight
I know Gabby will get better, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast she has improved. She has always been a power skater, but with the step up in performance and expression, her programs this season are such a pleasure to watch :luv17:.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
just watched Gabby's EX skyfall, I love it!! Also, her makeup is smoldering:eek:: She used to have strong harsh edge makeups that almost become her trademark. but now, she still got her trademark but added extra smoldering. really great makeup job well done by team Gabby.

musicfan80

Medalist
I know Gabby will get better, but I'm pleasantly surprised at how fast she has improved. She has always been a power skater, but with the step up in performance and expression, her programs this season are such a pleasure to watch :luv17:.

I agree - I was greatly impressed with Gabby at Skate America. I think she will definitely improve as the season progresses and that medaling at 4CCs and moving up to 6th-8th at Worlds is certainly doable! :yes:

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I agree - I was greatly impressed with Gabby at Skate America. I think she will definitely improve as the season progresses and that medaling at 4CCs and moving up to 6th-8th at Worlds is certainly doable! :yes:

Thanks for your input musicfan. Given that she was 9th last year and a new arrival into the Top 10 scene at Worlds, not bad, but I think she is capable of Top 5.

The thing with the 3A, if mastered, she can use it in both the SP/LP. Currently quads are not permitted in Women's SP.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
such a great SP Gabby!!! YAY for the 3t-3t with + 3 goe across the board !!!!! yes!!!! that lutz was huge too!!!!! smooth skating throughout. really enjoyed the SP... cannot wait to watch the LP tomorrow!!!!! you can grab your first GP podium here Gabby!!!! relax chill and go for it

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ugh... tough conditions today.. rough skate. still landed 4 big triples. don't worry gabby. think about what it will be when you land everything... 200+ club is waiting for you. the door is finally open. 119 with the botched combo fall and a pop is wonderful. You are in the right direction. gosh i love your rippon lutz... it's probably bigger than adam's :)

TGee

Record Breaker
Wanted so much to give Gabby a big metaphorical hug while she took in her mark in the KnC....

I believe that she gave it her best shot, but that she and her coaches looked concerned long before she reached the ice. There was a cut away to Orser and Barkell moving into position before she skated and they had the look of coaches that were concerned about safety and their skater's wellbeing, rather than about their skater's ability to deliver a performance.

Being a big ice coverage, go for it skater is so much who she is. I don't think that she had a plan that could pull back and put her jumps at mid ice as a number in the second group did...

But she didn't on the other hand give up on those transitions, skating skills and performance, so that the PCS was there....

DiamondDust

Final Flight
I was also sad when she was in tears at the K&C. But I believe she'll be stronger next time. Cheer up Gabby, we love you! :hap10:

mcq

Record Breaker
My heart is breaking when she was in tears. :sad4:
The ice was really bad and there was literally a huge puddle of water in one side of the rink, and it is exactly the side where she was supposed to do her 3T-3T. I hope she will make the 4CC or world team, so goodluck at Nats! Although, Gabby, 4th in both events (with mistakes!) is not bad at all! Considering the field of her assignment is pretty deep. Hopefully next season she will get her GP medals. :hap10:
I am rooting for her, I love love love her style and that humongous jumps are to die for. I hope she will get a world medal someday. :luv17:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I was also sad when she was in tears at the K&C. But I believe she'll be stronger next time. Cheer up Gabby, we love you! :hap10:

I also felt so sad for her seeing that, but she's on the right path with lots of positives to take from Paris that include the best SP up to now. I am officially a fan of Gabrielle :) Loved her innocent, pure joy after she found out about that hefty but fully deserved score on Friday. She just wears her heart on sleeve and I appreciate such people.

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She has such a great presence on the ice and has a great future. Her jumps are so huge and explosive that I wonder if she needs to tone them down just a teeny, tiny bit. Fell in love with her at Boston Worlds. No tears Gabby. You have a lot to be proud of. :console:

Last edited:

liv

Record Breaker
I think she will keep improving. Her speed and power and flow out of jumps is something she is getting better at controlling and when she finally has it, she'll do very well. Very few ladies have those qualities in their jumps, so once she does her GOE will be much improved.

I think her free program problems started with that freak error on her opening combination and really threw her for a loop. She tried to recover, and did some nice jumps, but wasn't able to really get it back. Next time should be much better... I see such an improvement over the last year or so, she just needs to keep going and not let it get her down.

tzazu

Medalist
I think she will keep improving. Her speed and power and flow out of jumps is something she is getting better at controlling and when she finally has it, she'll do very well. Very few ladies have those qualities in their jumps, so once she does her GOE will be much improved.

I think her free program problems started with that freak error on her opening combination and really threw her for a loop. She tried to recover, and did some nice jumps, but wasn't able to really get it back. Next time should be much better... I see such an improvement over the last year or so, she just needs to keep going and not let it get her down.

:thumbsup:

She is a sweetie:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMwKLmMDAiT/

Last edited:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
thanks for sharing this... that was nice to read. it's good that she can keep up the good spirits... i give a big virtual hug to javi for taking care of her when she needed a friend... it is so cruel and tough out there that seeing the solidarity training mates show each other is wonderful and relieving... i think we often forget that some of these athletes are kids... yet they are "famous" and expected by a whole lot of people to do so well... while we watch from our couch...

Gabby if ever you read this : know that you made many fans proud this weekend! You are the only female skater in the world to receive +3 GOE across the board for a 3-3 combo!!!! That's something ! Your SP score was final flight worthy at any major event. You never gave up in the LP, despite the pain and the disappointment. I AM SO PROUD of your skating and the human being you are becoming. You are a true inspiration, a fighter, and yet, you remain humble and grateful taking the time to thank all these people, coaches, friends and family who care about you. Gabby, I was already a fan, i think i will now call myself a UBER :)

Who wants to join me on the Daleman Uber bus? :)

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
I think in a way all of us in this thread were crushed for her, knowing that if conditions were right a podium finish was more than likely. I am so proud of her for making such big strides this year, competing with the best in the world and showing that she belongs. Be patient Gabby, as it will happen for you, and happen often!