Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Vanessa James & Morgan Cipres

GGFan

Record Breaker
Seeing them again after missing them at the GPF just confirmed that their presence elevates the competition :bow:. Their style and feel for the music connects so well and provides diversity for our eyes :love:. I'm thrilled that they make me forget about the tech box and allow me to just enjoy their programs. Crossing my fingers for the free :pray:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Beautiful job on the SP! Just watched their Sk Can FS again today. Hope they can perform as well as they did there. They are magical! They looked so happy, as did Zimmerman! :luv17:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yay Vanessa and Morgan, and good luck in the free :cheers: Looks like not qualifying for the GPF didn't do anything to hinder their upwards momentum!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
you know doris really love a skater when she posts their program right away :biggrin:

that was great from them apart from the tight throw, their int is as usual top notch, winning here would be quite the statement going into olympics :luv17:

I do love them! Back in the day, I liked their coach John Zimmerman, too!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Good luck to them again in the free tonight! Hoping to wake up to more good news in the morning...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
Oh Vanessa and Morgan!! The real silver medalists at this event!!
Heartbroken...

anyanka

Record Breaker
I am stunned, shocked, heartbroken and angry at the result!!!

Go kick butt at the Olympics!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Morgan certainly seemed to be off his game but they did ok despite everything. I know he and Vanessa will come back strong in Olympics. I worry about stamina given they must skate both short and long in the team events plus the two individual skates... four programs in a matter of days, but one off skate does not a season make. I fully expect them to bounce back. Good Luck!!

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
I will now be busy making voodoo dolls against everyone involved in this result. can't believe that French judge tho.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ack, I feel like I jinxed them by putting them first in my predictions! I thought after the SP it might be possible, but unfortunately it was the Skating in Russia thing that did them in.

They deserved to be on the podium but I"m sure this will light a fire under them and they'll skate lights out at the OG!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
I'm so disappointed with the results but I'm holding on to that 1st place they got in the SP and their PCS increases... I'm hoping that carries their momentum into the Olympics! They've been doing so well that a performance like this almost seems uncharacteristic, but I'm sure they'll refocus for the right time :)

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Heartbroken for them. They deserved so much more.

Well in Korea they won't be hopefully giving GOAs and PCPs for skating while Russia and they can make it to the podium.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no, I just caught up with the results - I'm so sad for them! They did seem to be having an off skate, but...not that off?

I just want to give them both all the hugs.

Santey

Match Penalty
Interesting thing you are saying. Judging this logic can I assume that if the Championship was held in the USA (or France) then we could say the same thing in address of these countries? Or it's just one-sided opinion again?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I think there is always a home-field advantage. There are athletes who feel more stressed by performing in front of their home crowd, but in general the edge always goes to the hometown athlete. They know all the quirks of their home arena, having performed there before. And they know the crowd will support them, as well they should.