Translation requests | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Translation requests

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Thank you, [email protected]! :bow:

May I ask for a translation of this video? It's a short one. If I recall correctly, the person asking Yags the question somehow confused him with Plushenko, but I would like to know what Yags and Averbukh said in particular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drFhzrqK3CY

- The first question is to Alexey Yagudin. It is known that you not only continue let's say the career in figure skating but you also participate in St. Petersburg city council - so two different activities.

Yahudin stands up then sits back down.

- I am sick of you. You should prepare for the work you are doing. We prepare, we wash no matter how many kilometers we have flown.

Averbukh:

- It is Pluschenko who is the deputy that's why Alexey reacted like that, a bit inadequate.

Yagudin:

- Absolutely adequate. I am tired of people: may I have an interview with you? - Yes. - What is your name?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
- The first question is to Alexey Yagudin. It is known that you not only continue let's say the career in figure skating but you also participate in St. Petersburg city council - so two different activities.

- I am sick of you. You should prepare for the work you are doing. We prepare, we wash no matter how many kilometers we have flown.

Averbukh:

- It is Pluschenko who is the deputy that's why Alexey reacted like that, a bit inadequate.

Yagudin:

- Absolutely adequate. I am tired of people: may I have an interview with you? - Yes. - What is your name?

:laugh: Thank you!

hanca

Record Breaker

Averbukh:

Yagudin:

OMG, that's hilarious!

Krunchii

Record Breaker
The very top is "destination"; the one beside the girl is "female's hand" ; and the one on the very right is "dream". I don't really understand the context of this but hopefully this helps you.

Are you sure it's the character for hand? The kanji character for hand is 手 while the character in the picture looks like 于 which means like "in regard to" in Chinese but this is Japanese and the same character can mean different things

firal

Record Breaker
Are you sure it's the character for hand? The kanji character for hand is 手 while the character in the picture looks like 于 which means like "in regard to" in Chinese but this is Japanese and the same character can mean different things

I can see the top stroke (the one that looks like ') in the kanji for hand, it's kind of smaller and off to the side; judging by the writing for the other characters it seems like that's the way s/he writes. Of course that's only my interpretation. ;)

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
If you read the characters on top phonetically, it sounds like megapolis in Japanese. Is that a drawing of Yulia? Putting it in context, I'm guessing the artist drew out the story of her megapolis SP. :think:

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I can see the top stroke (the one that looks like ') in the kanji for hand, it's kind of smaller and off to the side; judging by the writing for the other characters it seems like that's the way s/he writes. Of course that's only my interpretation. ;)

If you read the characters on top phonetically, it sounds like megapolis in Japanese. Is that a drawing of Yulia? Putting it in context, I'm guessing the artist drew out the story of her megapolis SP. :think:

That actually makes a lot of sense then, if the kanji character was actually hand, then it would probably point to her final pose in the program where she grabs the air, like reaching for her dream

hurrah

Medalist
I think the character that looks like 手 is actually 子,so it says 女の子 which is 'girl'.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I could use the help of someone who knows Japanese. And it might be useful to know how to decipher handwriting (I guess. It's hard for me to tell how legible this is). It's not much, only two tiny sentences. I don't want to post this publicly right now, so if anybody would like to send me a PM to help me out, that would be really great :) thank you.

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Could someone translate this video about Yuzuru' new program?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tot5s_羽生結弦-フリーの新プログラム披露-doi-2015_sport

Also, could someone translate the video about Yuna Aoki and Marin Honda I posted on previous page?

As always, if you spot an error, please correct it. :)
Basic Translation:
Dream on Ice opened today as the top skaters from Japan and around the world have come together for a dream performance.
The one to receive the most applause was Hanyu Yuzuru who showed an Exhibition version of his new Free Program for the first time.
The choice is Japanese-like to bring out the image of 'Wa' (Japanese style). He missed his first quadruple jump, but landed the jumps after that with confidence. The audience was riveted with the passionate step sequence that came after. This program was chosen to expand and challenge.
This new Season you can't take your eyes off Yuzuru Hanyu who is taking steps to regain the World crown.
"I want to concentrate on the competitions in front of me and I need to skate this program to completion." says Hanyu