Marissa Castelli & Mervin Tran | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Marissa Castelli & Mervin Tran

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Claire Cloutier at The Divine Sport did a wonderful job interviewing Marissa and Mervin. They talk a good deal about their throws and SBS jumps. They also reveal that they're keeping their Journey LP and their SP will be to a version of Fallin' by Alicia Keys.

My fave US pair! Very informative interview. Thx for posting. So glad to read how they've put time into their SBS jumps. Sure would love to see them at Skate America!

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Claire Cloutier at The Divine Sport did a wonderful job interviewing Marissa and Mervin. They talk a good deal about their throws and SBS jumps. They also reveal that they're keeping their Journey LP and their SP will be to a version of Fallin' by Alicia Keys.

Love the interview! :love: A lot of insight about skating and some about international assignments that enlighten me a little about Figuere Skating world. Everybody should read it! I hope they will get all of the triples consistent, they really need it to to be competetive :hap10:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I didn't love any of their performances of the LP this year. I liked the energy it had at Nationals, which gives me hope that if they skate it cleanly it could be a great program.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So happy to finally hear that Marissa and Mervin will be competing at Skate America. Hooray!

slider11

Medalist
Those sbs jumps are still a mess...:palmf:

Yea, I was a little disappointed that the LP that they should be so comfortable with seemed ragged at times. The good points are the lifts and the spiral. It's early but somewho they need to fix the jumps and polish the rest.

sunn1ly

On the Ice
My first impression is that this year version of Journey will be easier to perform. Last year they were breathless by the end of the LP. The first falls were very synchronized :). I really want to see a clean skate from them at SA.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I missed some of the choreography they had last year. It's been re-worked a bit and it doesn't have as much of an impact. But maybe if they are able to skate it cleanly, then the impact will be there.

LRK

Record Breaker
Mervin Tran ‏@skate_moivo · 6h6 hours ago  Montréal, Québec
Moments right after a suffering a toe stub.

"This is it. This is the career ending toe stub. There's no way I'm recovering from this."

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is he joking?

I would say so, from what I've seen Mervin likes to make sarcastic quips. I found out from TSL's recent interview with M&M that he suffered a concussion and only recently is in competitive shape. I feel badly that so many skaters are suffering from concussions these days.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm sure he was - I thought it was very funny; but then that kind of irony appeals to me.:)

futurepupdoc

Rinkside
According to the interview on TSL, that is only their 2nd long program run through of the season. Mervin had a concussion and it set them back a bit in training time. I hope that they have a wonderful season. I love their personality and Marissa is always so gorgeous and put together. I love all the teams but Mervin and Marissa have a special place in my heart.

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to the interview on TSL, that is only their 2nd long program run through of the season. Mervin had a concussion and it set them back a bit in training time. I hope that they have a wonderful season. I love their personality and Marissa is always so gorgeous and put together. I love all the teams but Mervin and Marissa have a special place in my heart.

I fell in love with her after seeing her skate with Simon at 2014 Nationals. I like her partnership with Mervin even more. She is such a little firecracker!