Alena Leonova | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Alena Leonova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
But in most other press quotes of late, she comes across as quite conservative in her views of women's single figure skating.

Arbitrary

Medalist
Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Alena stated she's finishes her career. Being pregnant with a boy (5th month).
Let congratulate Alena with the new milestone in her life.
What exciting news! Congratulations Alena and Anton! 🥳

ETA: Alena posted this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CU2BTbOojcr - Includes a gender reveal :)

Last edited:

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
I guess the day was long in coming, but now when it is finally here it still hurts a little. I'd just like to express my thanks to Alena for her contributions as a skater. Maybe her tech content was not always spectacular, but when halfway clean her presentational skills made her stand out, and her way of showing her passion for the sport was just unique. Junior world champion, a silver at senior worlds, multiple GP medals and a bronze at the final, more than ten years in international senior tournaments, how many of her competitors can present such a resume? And when skaters half as old as her started the tech revolution and grabbed away from her what little attention she had received, she still courageously soldiered on like she did when the russian ladies were in a dark age and a far cry of what they are now. She stayed in the fight for as long as possible. I just wish she had at least once managed to crack the 200 points, she was so close. But even now when no longer skating herself her passion doesn't let go but went right into her choreographic work for Gubanova, with remarkable results. It looks very much like we may not have seen the last from Alena Leonova. Maybe as a skater, but by far not as a person who loves her sport.
So, my best wishes to you, invisible Queen, and your soon-to-be family. And thank you so much! :thank:❤️

(Sorry for the schmaltzy text, I just feel she deserves more respect than she got.)

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
Don't know about you but I'm getting goosebumps every time I watch the step sequence from her lovely Riverdance program from her last season.. shame she couldn't perform this on a bigger stage. Thank you for everything, Alena! :thank:
That's the passion I wrote about! :laugh: The way she immersed herself into the character she portrayed I have never seen from any other skater. For PE and IN this would definitely be a 9+ in my book. Here's another example from the 2012 WC. After the SP she was deservedly first. 😍

Azikin

Medalist
That's the passion I wrote about! :laugh: The way she immersed herself into the character she portrayed I have never seen from any other skater. For PE and IN this would definitely be a 9+ in my book. Here's another example from the 2012 WC. After the SP she was deservedly first. 😍

I always remember her when I see a new Pirates program from someone (and that happens quite often)! ;)

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Unfortunately, not everything in the world happens the way we want it to, and not all family stories end up the way we dreamed when we made our vows to each other. Today, Alena Leonova posted to her IG that her marriage to Anton Shulepov has broken up. The two ex-spouses are parting without anger at each other, and of course, their main goal is to ensure that their tiny son grows up happily. 😟

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Alena Leonova at a meeting with young figure skaters on 12.08.2023.

OI-aW1Dt8O4.jpg

0SNPqsi7GPg.jpg

WSTu3PQMggE.jpg

FL2S7Xj-NfI.jpg

And little visitors to the meeting:

BLEfbrBcokc.jpg

7H1mtMZcNBE.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Happy birthday, Alena!
Good luck to you in your coaching career, happiness to your little family, health and happiness to your son!