Do you ever have dreams about skaters? | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Do you ever have dreams about skaters?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had a dream last night that Caroline Green/Michael Parsons started competing for Canada for some reason.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Well, here's a weird one.

So, it was some competition in which the men's free was the last event and Yuzuru Hanyu had skated last and won. They for some reason decided to hold the press conference immediately after the competition, so poor Yuzu had to stand up at a podium and give a speech basically right after he left the K&C. Stephane Lambiel was hosting and giving congratulatory remarks, but he clearly was giving Yuzu remarks meant for Alyona Kostornaya. The look on Yuzu's face when Stephane called his 172 cm, sweaty, male, Japanese self a "dainty Russian angel" was priceless. :laugh:

Sorry, Stephane. I, unlike my dreams, have no ill will against you. :laugh:

clovertree71

Rinkside
Took a nap and had a dream where I was a dancer in a troupe coached by Eteri, I was really nervous because I was running late to the competition. Trusova (or someone like Trusova) was there and she told me that Eteri was going to kill me, plus my blue tights were not fitting right.

Gourlie

On the Ice
Country
Czech-Republic
Tonight. My surreal dream. :laugh:

I was on some island, escaping from people who wanted to kill me. There were no ships so I swam alone across the ocean, but I met there ice dancer Natalie Taschlerova, she was swimming to some city for a smaller competition and she told me her brother and partner Filip is injured and she need a boy to compete with her. I agreed even though I am pretty bad skater. The start field was about five junior teams. The rhythm dance went very well and we were in the lead somehow. Next day in Free Dance Imessed up One-Foot Step Sequence, we were second in this segment and in total we had exactly same score (around 138 points) as Natalie D'Alessandro / Bruce Waddell, but they had better FD so they were winners. I woke up after the medal ceremony. :palmf:

sk8kirsty

On the Ice
The other night I had a short and strange dream
The dream started when I was at the rink, had just finished training and was coming off the ice. I began to walk around the corner and down the corridor without my guards on (I must have left them by the ice by accident)
And there, standing in the corridor of my own rink: Sahsa Trusova.
She looked down at me and said "Guards?" (In English fsr) and then I ran back to the ice to find my rocker guards whilst crying 🤷*♀️🤦*♀️
And then I woke up [emoji23]

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I rarely dream about anything, let alone about skaters / skating. I had a strange one last night though! Someone (I don't know who!) was asking me if I was really serious about wanting to compete in ice dance in the Beijing Olys! I kept trying to tell whomever that I can only do "shoot the duck" and the "snow plow stop", and that my backwards skating is horrible. Then all of a sudden, Jason Brown showed up and told me that I had to lose 50 pounds (50?! Sheesh! :laugh2:) or I would have to skate the part of the male and the male would skate the female part. I kept trying to convince "them" that I thought they had the wrong person, and that I wasn't interested in being in the Olys...Thank goodness I woke up. That was definitely more of a nightmare than a dream! :laugh:

icetug

Medalist
Europeans didn't let me sleep today ;) In my dream I was attending the competition exactly at the moment of the medal ceremony in Men. Actually I couldn't see the podium BUT heard La Marseillaise... and woke up as the music sound was very noisy :laugh:.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
The other day I had a dream that Piper and Paul came to my hometown for a visit, we had coffee and some homemade pie, lovely chat and all that great stuff :):):). Being their fan really clings hard into subconsciousness lol.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I recently had a dream that Lorraine McNamara and Quinn Carpenter competed in a competition, got 70+ in their FD TES, And was 2nd behind Chock/Bates.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
I don't remember much about details, but last night I had a super random dream involving Sergey Dudakov piloting a small airplane I was in. It was an action scenario, because he was doing roll maneuvers and everything :rofl::laugh2:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Not exactly dreams, but I kind of want to hammer out a world where the various tidbits about the figure skating world from a scandal-obsessed casual fan actually make sense, and what happens in between.

(aka: the only way to get their world is make sense is to have 6.0 existing until 2010)

I don't remember much about details, but last night I had a super random dream involving Sergey Dudakov piloting a small airplane I was in. It was an action scenario, because he was doing roll maneuvers and everything :rofl::laugh2:

I actually started picturing Sergey expertly piloting a plane, dressed in all black, with dramatic music playing in the background :laugh: :rofl2:

gmyers

Record Breaker
Virtue and moir were at 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics and won it! And Domnina and shabalin and khoklova and novitski I think were the Russian teams and they came in 13th and 14th! Tried to remember all the other teams but I can’t remember! Lol. The big story to me was reunited domnina and Shabalin! Of course now I am thinking about how they could get to the Olympics now.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I had quite a few strange dreams last night. I know one of them was about me and a couple of skaters - Julia Lipnitskaya and Evgeni Plushenko. But, I can't remember what the story was, except that it was set away from the ice.

I have a feeling that there was a romance somewhere. But whether it was between Julia and me, or Julia and Zhenya, or Julia and both of us, I just can't remember.

Sorry that I can't tell you any more. I've always been absolutely hopeless at remembering dreams. 😞

CaroLiza_fan

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I often talk to my cousin about skating, even though she isn't a huge fan. She also knows I'm a big fan of Shoma. Guess I must have gotten into the depths of her mind somehow. She shared her dream with me.

"I was going to Shoma's house so he and his brother Frank :) could help me with my math homework. But instead we played cards!!! His family wanted to play some Japanese game that I had never heard of, and we ended up playing hearts!!!!"

Shoma's brother's name is Itsuki, so I don't know where Frank came from! Also my cousin is in her 70's, so what's up with the math homework! Ha! :shrug:

Last edited:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ughhh, getting up for the Russiana Ladies was the worst idea I've ever had. I just woke up with a pounding headache and I'm supposed to see my grandparents today.

At least my dreams were Russian lady free instead there was the Australian Opposition Leader, a train crash, and wearing of kilts. And before that there was a skating competition, but no Russian ladies instead there was Donovan Carillo and the Prime Minister of Argentina?!

On the upside...Donovan was amazing - 3A, 3Lutz-, 3Loop!! The PM of Argentina not do much...he..or maybe she (I don't remember? Does Argentina even have a PM?!) did a very good half-loop though...

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
This is a follow-up to the post I just put up in the Random Confessions thread.

10 days before I had that dream about my skating crush, I had a dream about her older team-mate.

Unlike the later dream about my skating crush, I don’t know what brought on dreaming about her team-mate. I don’t think I looked up any of her social media pages that night before going to bed.

I suspect that it is simply something to do with this older skater being down right sexy. Since that is a word I tend to avoid using when describing skaters, that I am using it now should say everything. (The irony is that when she was younger, I thought she was a cross looking wee biddy! But she has really blossomed since then).

For a change, I did remember most of what happened in this dream. It was set in the Sixth Form Centre at the High School I went to. I was in Upper 6th, and she was in Lower 6th. Which in itself was weird, because she is actually 13 years younger than me! So, in real life, she would have been in P1 when I was in U6! :eek:

Anyway, what happened was that we were hanging out in the corridor linking the two entrances to the 6th Form Centre (I don’t know if it’s still the case, but that’s where people tended to hang out in my days there). She would tell me to do something, and I would go and do it. And when I came back, she would tell me to do something else, and I would go and do it and come back. And so on and so forth.

There is a very thin line between flirting and bullying, and I still can’t work out which side of that line she was on. All I know is that I would have done anything she told me to. I was totally besotted. And because of that, she had me wrapped around her little finger.

As for the things she was getting me to do, it was mainly being sent to get relatively minor things and bring them to her. That said, for one of them, it involved going into the Common Room and getting the item out of somebody else’s schoolbag while they weren’t looking. And although I was wary, in the end I still did it regardless.

Unfortunately, I don’t know how the story was going to develop, as I woke up after that bit. But, I hope I eventually wised up and said “no” to her.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

Arriba627

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I listened to a Stephane Lambiel interview a couple days ago, and that must have stuck in my brain. He was in a dream which made no sense whatsoever. I saw him standing next to his car, and it was a red Volksvagen Beetle convertible. I asked him why he was in the U. S. Instead of Switzerland, and he didn't know why. Darn, then I woke up!

Last edited: