Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Julianne Seguin & Charlie Bilodeau

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
I had to catch up with Canadian Nationals and I really love Julianne and Charlie's FD. It's definitely my favourite this season. Her running edge out of that triple throw loop is everything. I loved that he winked at her right before they started the program and the way they're able to really look at each other during the performance is giving me chills. It feels so natural. :points:

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
I'm sorry I've neglected their FanFest. I updated their OP with videos and results from the GPF and Nationals. In a way, it was nice to go back after so long and rewatch their programs. I missed them at 4CCs and Worlds.

I hope that Julianne is healing well and that we'll see them better than ever next season!

LRK

Record Breaker
I missed them too. (So many pairs I like weren't at Worlds'... ) I'm looking forward to seeing them again next season - but it seems such an awful long way off!

sarama

Medalist
Canadian team was great in Boston in the Pairs' (not so much in the other disciplines though:shrug:), but still Julianne and Charlie are my favourites of the 4! Hopefully no injury next season

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
According to this article and this one by Beverley Smith, Julianne suffered a bone bruise from a fall while training a throw after Canadian Nationals.

Hope she's healing up well. :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
According to this article and this one by Beverley Smith, Julianne suffered a bone bruise from a fall while training a throw after Canadian Nationals.

Hope she's healing up well. :)

Bone bruises are the worst... I genuinely hope she's taking it easy and letting it heal completely and that they'll be back stronger than ever next year :)

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
On FSU, Sylvia posted a link to a new article about Julianne's injury: http://www.lecourrierdusud.ca/sports/2016/4/13/blessee--julianne-seguin-rate-les-mondiaux-de-patinage-artistiqu.html (In French)

She tore a ligament in addition to the bone bruise. Seems like they then made the smart decision to take a 2-3 months recovery now versus a 5-6 month recovery later if she had reinjured herself at Worlds. They're planning on skating in some shows at the end of April.

They seem to have an optimistic outlook, as well:

It is easier to accept after a wonderful season. Anyway, all athletes must provide rest periods in their annual training program. So we took the opportunity to rest our bodies and have taken moderate training. Our summer program will be more intense after such rest.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
On FSU, Sylvia posted a link to a new article about Julianne's injury: http://www.lecourrierdusud.ca/sports/2016/4/13/blessee--julianne-seguin-rate-les-mondiaux-de-patinage-artistiqu.html (In French)

She tore a ligament in addition to the bone bruise. Seems like they then made the smart decision to take a 2-3 months recovery now versus a 5-6 month recovery later if she had reinjured herself at Worlds. They're planning on skating in some shows at the end of April.

They seem to have an optimistic outlook, as well:

Yikes! I was crushed to not see them live at Worlds but they obviously made the more prudent choice. Get well soon Julianne!

LRK

Record Breaker
Julianne & Charlie ‏@JulianneCharlie · 3h3 hours ago
Et une fois de plus, merci pour ce superbe programme court!
And once again, thanks for this amazing short... http://fb.me/4FiZI7KA4

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Julianne & Charlie ‏@JulianneCharlie · 3h3 hours ago
Et une fois de plus, merci pour ce superbe programme court!
And once again, thanks for this amazing short... http://fb.me/4FiZI7KA4

Looks like their SP is choreographed by Shae Lynn while their FS is choreographed by David Wilson & Marie-France Dubreuil.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
I'm wondering how they are doing these days. According to their twitter posted on June 27, they are assigned to compete at Skate America again and Rostelecome of Russia and ready for the new season. I'm really curious about what music they are going to perform to.

TMC

Record Breaker

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I like SP more than FP. Why were they given a lyrical program with lyrics on top of that? :disapp:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
great stuff.... they are skating with more maturity... still some work to do but promising !!!!

Yap, they are a future for Canadian pairs. :) I like watching their lovely personality projecting on the ice.

Although they missed some elements, it is only early of the season.

- - - Updated - - -

I like SP more than FP. Why were they given a lyrical program with lyrics on top of that? :disapp:

I love their SP. As for the FS, well, I don't know whether the second half of the FS music that sounds odd is because of edit problems or because two separate music pieces were coincidentally recorded into the video. We will see in a next competition.

Last edited:

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
I think the SP is really cute and fun although i disapprove of the sudden cut to lyrics at the beginning. Can't wait to see how the programs will develop through the season!