Shiyue Wang & Xinyu Liu | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Shiyue Wang & Xinyu Liu

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Really happy that they worked hard after the OG and got their levels to qualify. Looking forward to seeing their FD tomorrow :)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
They had a great skate and I am happy to find a B.ESP video of their FD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxptCg8k5cw

Glad that they were able to show this FD on the world stage. Shiyue, in particular, was very upset that they couldn't perform this FD at the Olympics. Hoping that will continue skating with each other for a long time and continue to develop towards Beijing 2022 :).

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
I really enjoyed their FD, it has a lot of potential :yes2:

Congrats on the win!

saphire

On the Ice
I really like their choice of music and this style for free dance. this could give them chance to move up in the rankings this season.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Cheered hard for them at the rink these past two days. They have improved so much since I last saw them two years ago in projection, edges, and their integration of the elements into their dances. Congrats on nailing the levels in both programs and getting the 3rd place FD at ACI. :clap:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
In case anyone was interested, here's my 1080p fancam of their SCI FD Thursday afternoon practice (sorry for the wait, but the competition and the crazy-long commute left me exhausted each night)---I sat in the second row from the boards: [Removed dead link]

ETA: The Vimeo link is now dead, so here's a Streamable one: https://streamable.com/m4gz8 Unfortunately, the site refuses to display it in 1080p, so you'll have to settle for 720p.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Wang/Liu's FD from Chinese Nationals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26aJl7r95Cw

Their dance has been majorly reworked including the music cuts, the element distribution, and the elements themselves. Understandable after the GP, where their placement would drop from the RD to the FD. I think the revised music cuts add more light and shade and dimension to their story. Before, they used almost the entire original song and that made their dance seem somewhat monotonous. I like the new element distribution where lifts and choreographic elements are well dispersed among the steps and other rotational elements.The last third of the program doesn't look like a string of lifts anymore. They have incorporated more difficult holds in their Diagonal step and cleaner positions in the character step (with more angst too). The improved emotional commitment is quite apparent in the slow-mos. They scored 113.22 (but National inflation should be taken into consideration) here. Hoping the international judges reward them with SBs come 4CCs :).

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
According to entries list, they are going to be at Mentor Cup!!! :cheer:

Since I am going & plan to make them a bouquet, I have a big ask for someone who knows Chinese or who could advise me - how Shiyue and Xinyu's names should be pronounced? I know it may sound silly, but I don't want to embarass myself by botching their names while calling them to give my bouquet :laugh:, thanks in advance for any help!

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
My friend is called Xin and she pronounces it Sh-n like ā€˜shingā€™ but the ā€œnā€ sound is very slight. The yu part is very close to the English sound. Xinyu I can help with but Shiyue Iā€™m just guessing but I think itā€™s said Shi-you-eh..?