2015 Broadmoor Open, June 24-27 | Golden Skate

2015 Broadmoor Open, June 24-27

ice coverage

Record Breaker
2015 Broadmoor Open, June 24-27

Event page:

Schedule:

GS thread re Freezer Aerial Figure Skating Challenge (part of the Broadmoor Open):

Starting Orders and Results are being tweeted in some cases (so far: some senior, junior, novice):

So stay tuned to @sk8suki's tweets (thx to karne for the alert).
And/or to posts in this thread.

For the first batch, see post #16 on Page 2 of this thread.​

- Some skaters who individually have indicated that they will be competing:

Chase Belmontes
Alex Johnson
Lukas Kaugars
Jamie Wright
Vincent Zhou, per his website as well

Amber Glenn
Mirai Nagasu
Pls forgive my erroneous inference re Courtney Hicks, who tweeted on Mon Jun 22 as she was en route to C Springs. (For the Freezer Challenge, she already is on the official list, and per her Instagram, she is competing only in the Freezer.)

(See Freezer Challenge thread for its official list of announced entries.)​

No live streaming of the Broadmoor Open this year:

The definitive Facebook post on Jun 23 that says no live streaming of the Broadmoor Open or the Freezer Challenge:

Bkgd:

karne's Jun 7 posthttp://goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41239-Jason-Brown&p=1167120&viewfull=1#post1167120 in the Jason Brown thread quoted an e-mail from Wheat Designs, which streamed the Broadmoor Open in years past:
We regret to inform you that we will not be providing the webcast for the 2015 Broadmoor Open. Due to changing circumstances outside of Wheat Design's control that would affect the broadcast, we have unfortunately had to make the difficult business decision to sit out of providing this year's event.
More of the same on Jun 20 from the Facebook page of Wheat Designs: https://www.facebook.com/WheatDesigns/posts/1128769180470258

papagena's two GS threads discussing the absence of a Broadmoor Open webcast this year:
Layback11 started a third thread:

NOTE: This competition will also be held as part of Broadmoor:

Qualifying Events for National Solo Dance

Is this the first time for a National Solo Dance Event? When is Nationals scheduled? Will.it be run as part of US Nationals 2016?

Answers to Doris' questions:

Seems that National Solo Dance comps date back to 2011 (and have been separate events from U.S. Nats for the traditional four disciplines):

Excerpt:
2015 Solo Dance Series Dates: The 2015 Solo Dance Series season will run from February 1, 2015 - August 16, 2015, with the 2015 National Solo Dance Series Final being held September 23-26, 2015.

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
NOTE from the announcement: This competition will also be held as part of Broadmoor:

Qualifying Events for National Solo Dance

Is this the first time for a National Solo Dance Event? When is Nationals scheduled? Will.it be run as part of US Nationals 2016?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Is this the first time for a National Solo Dance Event? When is Nationals scheduled? Will.it be run as part of US Nationals 2016?

Seems that National Solo Dance comps date back to 2011 (and have been separate events from U.S. Nats for the traditional four disciplines):

Excerpt:
2015 Solo Dance Series Dates: The 2015 Solo Dance Series season will run from February 1, 2015 - August 16, 2015, with the 2015 National Solo Dance Series Final being held September 23-26, 2015.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Confirmed entries, links posted by sk8suki on Twitter.

Senior Men

1. Alex Johnson
2. Timothy Dolensky
3. Nathan Chen
4. Vincent Zhou
5. Lukas Kaugars

6. Patrick Rupp
7. Sebastien Payannet
8. Jordan Moeller
9. Jason Brown
10. Max Aaron
11. Trevor Bergqvist

Senior Ladies (too many to type out)

Now I'm even angrier that IceNetwork has ballsed up.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
rosewood on FSU has kindly translated:

Max nailed 4S(s) during the practice! It's as expected but I found he is more fabulous when I watch him in person!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
rosewood on FSU has kindly translated:
Max nailed 4S(s) during the practice! It's as expected but I found he is more fabulous when I watch him in person!

Thx, karne (and rosewood) :). Go, Max!

FYI for Stitch, who in another thread wanted confirmation that all of the Broadmoor Open events are open to the public. Per today's Gazette article:
Admission and parking is free for the four-day figure skating and solo dance competition starting Wednesday and the Friday jumps challenge from 4:40 to 8 p.m.
http://gazette.com/top-american-fig...-at-the-broadmoor-world-arena/article/1554328 (Jun 24)​

Interspectator

Record Breaker

FYI for Stitch, who in another thread wanted confirmation that all of the Broadmoor Open events are open to the public. Per today's Gazette article:
Admission and parking is free for the four-day figure skating and solo dance competition starting Wednesday and the Friday jumps challenge from 4:40 to 8 p.m.
http://gazette.com/top-american-fig...-at-the-broadmoor-world-arena/article/1554328 (Jun 24)​

Where's a teleport when you need one?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

Thank you so much for keeping my in your thoughts, it made my life easier today.

And I broke down and booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday. I would have likely preferred to have come home Saturday after the event, but my better half politely made it clear he would rather be too inebriated to drive home after, so we compromised and are staying both nights. Manged to get the DoubleTree less than a mile away for less than $200.00 total for both nights. If anyone is still looking - that's the 3.5 star one one Hotwire that is cheaper than the others.

So the real question is. . . . how do we coordinate my reporting the most easily?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
More tweets from @sk8suki with photos of Starting Orders:

Broadmoor Senior Men SP ONLY starting order for Thursday (five entries: Firus; Moeller; Jamie Wright; Trevor Bergqvist; Brown)

Broadmoor Senior Ladies SP ONLY starting order for Thursday -- Ashley Shin has been crossed out

Broadmoor Jr. Men SP Starting order for Fri 7:30 am-

Senior Ladies SP starting order for Fri 11:05- (same list as in karne's earlier post, but new tweet specifies that it is for Friday's SP)

Broadmoor Senior Men SP for Fri 2:35- (same list as in karne's post, but new tweet specifies that it is for Friday afternoon's SP); Ashley Shin has been crossed out

ETA, @sk8suki has started tweeting photos of Results sheets as well, e.g.:

BTW, I believe @korikalauz is merely "retweeting" @sk8suki's photos (but without crediting @sk8suki :eek:hwell:).

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Im a tad surprised that people like Courtney Hicks and Richard Dornbush are coming out here for just the jump comp. I kinda thought that if they were going to the trouble of traveling, they would want to get more of a bang for their buck. On the plus side it is cool that they are coming up just for the Jump portion and may be good that the Broadmore Open does not get over saturated.

Glad we found out who was skating now though, helped me know i needed to go to the jump portion. I just hope the skaters on the SP full event schedule stick around for the free on Saturday.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
Thank you so much for keeping my in your thoughts, it made my life easier today.

And I broke down and booked a hotel for Friday and Saturday. I would have likely preferred to have come home Saturday after the event, but my better half politely made it clear he would rather be too inebriated to drive home after, so we compromised and are staying both nights. Manged to get the DoubleTree less than a mile away for less than $200.00 total for both nights. If anyone is still looking - that's the 3.5 star one one Hotwire that is cheaper than the others.

So the real question is. . . . how do we coordinate my reporting the most easily?
Haha stitchmonkey I swear, I would pay you a hefty sum to convince you to film the programs and share. Like karne, after seeing the skaters entries I am so disappointed we won't be getting videos otherwise.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Haha stitchmonkey I swear, I would pay you a hefty sum to convince you to film the programs and share. Like karne, after seeing the skaters entries I am so disappointed we won't be getting videos otherwise.

The thought of going on face time with my phone with one of you has occurred to me! My cell has very little storage on it but my better half's might be better, I might make him do the filming. Ive never seen a skating competition, so I am looking forward to paying attention. I just wish i knew more what I was talking about. I fear many questions along the lines of "Did Jason rotate his quad" only for me to have no idea how to answer.

I have a fear I am going to end up with a few new favorites after going to this thing.

aromaticchicken

On the Ice
The thought of going on face time with my phone with one of you has occurred to me! My cell has very little storage on it but my better half's might be better, I might make him do the filming. Ive never seen a skating competition, so I am looking forward to paying attention. I just wish i knew more what I was talking about. I fear many questions along the lines of "Did Jason rotate his quad" only for me to have no idea how to answer.

I have a fear I am going to end up with a few new favorites after going to this thing.
Hahahaha that will kill your phone data! Im sure any videos you can provide at all would make you a hero. But you're right, if it's your first competition you should enjoy it first and foremost!! And be ready at any moment to meet the skaters and don't be shy to ask for a photo. They're all very gracious :)