2015 Broadmoor Open, June 24-27 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2015 Broadmoor Open, June 24-27

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Hahahaha that will kill your phone data! Im sure any videos you can provide at all would make you a hero. But you're right, if it's your first competition you should enjoy it first and foremost!! And be ready at any moment to meet the skaters and don't be shy to ask for a photo. They're all very gracious :)

Ohh don't worry i have no issue asking for pics! I am probably going to wear my hair likes Jason's from T&I for an ice breaker with a least one skater. :biggrin:

I also am thinking of trying to get of pick of Mrs. P's baby on my phone - it would be so cute to try to get some of them to pose with a pic on a phone.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
That would be so cute (Baby Therese P and. Jason) I am betting Mrs. P would be so thrilled.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
That would be so cute (Baby Therese P and. Jason) I am betting Mrs. P would be so thrilled.

It is one of those things that I think would be cute, but at the same time, some people can be sensitive about people usurping their babies firsts and i try to be respectful of that. I don't want to steal baby's first picture with a skater if it would upset anyone. . . but if we could pull it off it would give Mrs. P a good opening to get another pic later on. That would be a pretty cute then and now shot.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
if you have doubts, PM her and ask?

But then it would not be a surprise! Plus I don't like the idea of not being able to follow through - id hate to get their hopes up. Then again maybe baby pics would be a good in with the skaters.

Im trying not to get my hopes up, there is an official meet and greet, so who knows how available the skaters will be. Right now I am just happy it worked out as well as it did and am really looking forward to seeing it. . . and being able to compare to what actually happens to what gets shown in the recap. Right now i am thinking of what to pack and pretty much in stupid happy shocked mode.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
It is one of those things that I think would be cute, but at the same time, some people can be sensitive about people usurping their babies firsts and i try to be respectful of that. I don't want to steal baby's first picture with a skater if it would upset anyone. . . but if we could pull it off it would give Mrs. P a good opening to get another pic later on. That would be a pretty cute then and now shot.

if you have doubts, PM her and ask?

Doris knows Mrs. P far better than I do.

And I make no claim of being able to read Mrs. P's mind.

That said, I believe some parents would feel unpleasantly weird about the idea of a third party (no matter how well-intentioned) showing their newborn child's photo to strangers -- even presumably wholesome and "friendly" strangers, such as the competitive skaters.

Again, I have no idea of how Mrs. and Mr. P would feel on this issue. Just offering another point of view.

ETA, in any case, STITCH, have a great time! Excited for you :).​

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Doris knows Mrs. P far better than I do.

And I make no claim of being able to read Mrs. P's mind.

That said, I believe some parents would feel unpleasantly weird about the idea of a third party (no matter how well-intentioned) showing their newborn child's photo to strangers -- even presumably wholesome and "friendly" strangers, such as the competitive skaters.

Again, I have no idea of how Mrs. and Mr. P would feel on this issue. Just offering another point of view.

ETA, in any case, STITCH, have a great time! Excited for you :).​

I kinda figured at least one person on here would feel that way - which is why I am not sending secret messages all over the forum trying to secretly obtain a photo. It is one of those things that could go badly very easily, but still fun and cute to talk about. I suspect people have made cute comments about wanting to pinch skater's cheeks but would not in reality run up and grab them. I am sure Baby P will get their own pics with skaters soon enough.

I don't think i will have a hard time having a great time though. I am really looking forward to it. I hope I can be of some use in reporting back.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I kinda figured at least one person on here would feel that way - which is why I am not sending secret messages all over the forum trying to secretly obtain a photo. It is one of those things that could go badly very easily, but still fun and cute to talk about. I suspect people have made cute comments about wanting to pinch skater's cheeks but would not in reality run up and grab them. I am sure Baby P will get their own pics with skaters soon enough.

I don't think i will have a hard time having a great time though. I am really looking forward to it. I hope I can be of some use in reporting back.

Maybe you could tell them Mrs P is a huge fan & have them pose with a congrats Mrs P sign? Jason might do it.

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Maybe you could tell them Mrs P is a huge fan & have them pose with a congrats Mrs P sign? Jason might do it.

That does seem less likely to be seen as creepy! I might depending on the atmosphere and such. If others are clamoring for attention i really should share. Plus I have my own photos to get, really want to get a photo of my better half with Jason both giving their best finger guns for instance.

chazen072

Spectator
Ashley Shin has been injured, not surprised she pulled out as she was not back to jumping as of last Friday.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
If you get a chance Stitch Monkey, ask the individual skaters if they read the boards here. I would be very curious to know.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If you get a chance Stitch Monkey, ask the individual skaters if they read the boards here. I would be very curious to know.

Plushenchrist no, please don't ask them this. Because even if they don't, the mention might make them curious, and there are some who would be better off not doing so. EVER.

TMC

Record Breaker
Ahhhh I'm looking forward to your reports SO much Stitch!!!!

samson

Medalist
So I'm confused about the SP only bit. I've noticed there is some overlap with the sp only event, but is there a reason Broadmoor does a sp only? And I'm curious why a skater would opt to do both. I suppose it's a chance to get even more feedback and get in front of judges before the whole kit and caboodle.

samson

Medalist
Also forgot to mention it looks like Sarah and Drew - The Inside Edge - are there tweeting.

All they've posted so far are scores for the men's SP Only event and what jumps they did.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Also forgot to mention it looks like Sarah and Drew - The Inside Edge - are there tweeting.

All they've posted so far are scores for the men's SP Only event and what jumps they did.

The Inside Edge ‏@SarahandDrew
Broadmoor Open SP-only men: 1. Firus 66 (4t, 3a fall, 3z-2t), 2. Brown 66 (2sal, 2a, 3f-2t, 3. Wright 58.77, 4. Moeller 5. Bergqvist
12:37 PM - 25 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/SarahandDrew/status/614155348866396160

Thx for the alert, samson.

Congrats to Liam Firus! First-ever quad in competition for him, AFAIK :yay:.
Super-excited for him.

Plushenchrist no, please don't ask them this. Because even if they don't, the mention might make them curious, and there are some who would be better off not doing so. EVER.

My two cents is (ETA: are) that I agree with karne.

Last edited:

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker

My two cents is that I agree with karne.

I have thought about it, and I tend to side with karne and golden411 on this. My thinking is that if they don't know about the forums, they intentionally don't want to know and i respect that. I am sure they know they exist, if they wanted to know more, they know how to figure it out. If they want to deliberately block it out, I tend to want to respect that.