2015 Broadmoor Open, June 24-27 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2015 Broadmoor Open, June 24-27

samson

Medalist
^yeah I noticed that too. I wonder if she actually did a triple axel and a double axel. I suppose she could have been doing it for this event as prep for the aerial challenge. Yeah otherwise a clean loop could have bumped that score a solid 5-6 points.

edited to add: aaaah just saw Golden411's post.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I would like to see video. Frankly, I would be surprised if she went for 3A, considering she can't even rotate the other triples with regularity.

Ah, but of course, since the big screw-up, no-one will ever see it.

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
:cheer: for Mariah's 3f+3t and Mirai's 3a! Any program notes? Can you do a 3a and a 2a in the same SP without getting deducted?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think this tweet might refer to Broadmoor SP today -- although it says Freezer.

Freezer event still is in progress. Impossible that Nathan already won -- and for Freezer, no division btwn seniors/juniors.

@ifsmagazine
Heard that @jasonbskates 2-footed attempted quad, fell on combo @Freezer Aerial Challenge. Nathan Chen won senior men's event.
4:26 PM - 26 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/ifsmagazine/status/614575507913506816

gkelly

Record Breaker
:cheer: for Mariah's 3f+3t and Mirai's 3a! Any program notes? Can you do a 3a and a 2a in the same SP without getting deducted?

Yes -- but in that case the 3A would either need to be the triple preceded by steps or other connecting moves, or else it would need to be done in combination with another triple or double.

The solo axel jump is only one element and can be either double or triple

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FYI:

@11apperera -- who live-tweeted throughout the Freezer Challenge -- says s/he will be back tomorrow :) for senior men and ladies.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
STITCH, a favor to ask of you, please -- if not too much trouble:

ETA: never mind. @SarahandDrew eventually tweeted what I wanted.​

Last edited:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
@11apperera
Back in the World Arena for the senior ladies at the Broadmoor Open! Warmup should begin in five minutes. @SkatingLesson
8:39 AM - 27 Jun 2015
https://twitter.com/11apperera/status/614820476414619648

(I do not plan to copy this person's excellent live-tweeting into the thread -- at least re Senior Ladies.)

Thanks for the link to the tweets! Would you mind if I moved some of them into this thread?

(Only interesting thing I see is that Katie McBeath has a 3lo+3lo, according to the blog.)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link to the tweets! Would you mind if I moved some of them into this thread? ...

Ohhh, you certainly do not need to ask me whether I mind ;).

The one thing I would ask/suggest is to be sure to credit @11apperera repeatedly as the source of the tweets.

I for one would be only appreciative if you did copy some of the tweeting into this thread.

[I kind of went crazy copying the same person's prolific (and very informative :)) tweets into the Freezer Challenge thread last night. So I am stepping back for the Ladies FS, but again, would be glad to have you add the tweeting to this thread. Thank you :).]

burntBREAD

Medalist
Uh oh, per @11apperera, both Amber Glenn and Mirai Nagasu appear to be slightly injured (Amber after a bad fall, Mirai clutching her knee).

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Okay! Here's the account!

11apperera said:
38 minutes ago
Mariah looks lovely in yellow! Strong jumps from Amber and Mirai. And Miyu! 3-3 from Amber. Miyu has the Japanese knees

11apperera said:
19 minutes ago
Miyu is such a happy girl! Scheherezade. 3F, turnout. Pop F. 3Lz. Lovely spins. 2A3T! 2A3T2T! 2L. 3L. Most complex choreo so far. 148.17

11apperera said:
15 minutes ago
Mariah: 2F1Lo2S. 3S. 2A3T fall. 2A. Gorgeous footwork! 2Lz2T. Her spins are good. 2Lz. 2F. Huge cheers - really pretty program!

11apperera said:
14 minutes ago
154.68 for Mariah. Amber Glenn up.

11apperera said:
10 minutes ago
Amber Glenn: 3F3T. 3Lz, nasty fall. 1A. 3L? She looks hurt. Rippon lutz! 2S. On My Own is the music. 2A2T.

11apperera said:
9 minutes ago
Amber score: 159.74. Mirai!!

11apperera said:
4 minutes ago
Mirai: 3A stumble. 2A3T. Love this music. 3L2T2L. 3Lz. Pop sal. 3L two foot, clutching knee. Starting footwork. Lovely Biellmann. But hurt.

11apperera said:
1 minute ago
137.18 for Mirai, in fourth. Amber, Mariah, Miyu are top three. Men will be on in about an hourish?

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Uh oh, per @11apperera, both Amber Glenn and Mirai Nagasu appear to be slightly injured (Amber after a bad fall, Mirai clutching her knee).

I hope they're okay... :no: Miyu sounds interesting, and is it typical for Mariah to water-down her jump content in these competitions?

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Okay! Here's the account!

Thk you :).

And thnk you for taking the trouble of such careful formatting :).
You have gone above and beyond the call of duty :bow: w/ the citations (IMHO).
(All I meant is that I included credit for the tweeter once in each of my posts -- with each of my posts lumping a batch of tweets together, without nice formatting. Thk you again for your attention to detail.)

Congrats to Amber, Mariah, Miyu :).

Hope Amber and Mirai are OK.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker
wow, what a low score for Mirai. I'm interested in seeing the programs and her 3A attempts, though. Hope she continues to do it.