Laurine Lecavelier | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
The interview was done back during Euros. He was never her coach, he was just here to help. Laurine was coached by Katia Krier since Dec 2018. Her new programs are ready (November, Max Richter for her SP and Chopin for the free), they are choreographed by Massimo Scali. She is having a try out with a new coach. Too early to say more.

Wow, November is a perfect choice for Laurine. Which Chopin piece is she doing? Will she compete anywhere before the Masters de Patinage, or is she planning to debut the programs there? Can't wait for the year ahead. I think it will be a beautiful one for Laurine. Bon courage !

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I don't mind at all! I think enough people have nicked Laurine's signature piece over the past couple of years (and none of them have done anything even half as good as she did with it) that it's perfectly fine for her to work with someone else's for a change, even if they're still using it. :)

Agreed! I think Laurine has had a huge influence on contemporary skating although it's not regularly acknowledged. Both the Experience and Grease programs (and costume change) are iconic.

Kostornaya's interpretation of November is gorgeous, but if there's anyone who can match it on the artistic side it's Laurine. Also interesting to note that Kostornaya's teammate Scherbakova is doing a nearly identical costume change to Laurine's in her FS this year.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I've made a thread for the Masters de Patinage 2019 here. The competition starts on Thursday - first look at Laurine's programs coming up!

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link Kevin.[emoji3059]What a great start of the season laurine is off to.lovely programme and everything so clean and assured.She looks amazing too.
You're welcome! I'm so happy for her! I believe this is the best she's skated since the 2016 GP Trophée de France when she burst onto the international scene. Exciting and happy moment for Laurine's fans!!! [emoji7]

EdgeCall

Record Breaker
The music and choreo are an excellent fit for Laurine! Can't wait to see it in a big competition. Thanks for posting the video.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looking forward to seeing her FS very much indeed! It will be just past midnight here when she skates but I'll be awake and watching! :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I really enjoyed Laurine's FS: it's delicate and balletic and really shows a new side to her skating. Plus, she landed a 3Lz+3T and a 2A+3T+2T! And the dress is lovely too.

She had a couple of mistakes, and it looked to me like the FS is a bit behind the SP in terms of development (everyone has one or the other more advanced at this point in the season), but when this is fully polished it will be absolutely lovely and a beautiful contrast with the SP.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I am... stunned by Laurine's progress. Her technique is improved by tenfold. The programs are incredible.

I have never seen her land a 3Lz-3T or a 2A-3T (let's not even mention 2A-3T-2T) so solidly.

Clean up that 3F and 3S and we are talking European medal contender and last group at Worlds. With the jumps together and no deductions, this program will be pushing 140. And I believe she can do it! Allez, Laurine !!!

tinlizzie

Final Flight
Beautiful FS from Laurine! Yes, there were mistakes but the program was so gorgeous it was over before I knew it. Brava Laurine:love:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu! :luv17:

ETA: I think the popped 2S might have been meant to be a 3S+2Lo/3Lo combination, perhaps?
Yes! I wonder what the layout was meant to be... and if that 2A-3T-2T jawdropper was planned? It was a beauty.

If she goes clean on both programs... there will be nothing stopping her from medalling internationally. I am so excited.