Laurine Lecavelier | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

greig

Rinkside
Anyone know if there is a link to watch laurines short programme at this years worlds?would love to see it again but I know that the isu have blocked all the videos on youtube😠

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone know if there is a link to watch laurines short programme at this years worlds?would love to see it again but I know that the isu have blocked all the videos on youtube😠

I haven't been able to find one anywhere. It's very annoying. The youtubers who have put up some of the programs don't seem to bother with those lower down the start order. At least the version of her FS up at rockerskating.com still works, though.

greig

Rinkside
That purple pouf doesn't look very aerodynamic. :) I'll never be able to accept magenta and creamsicle orange as a color combo, no matter the skater's nationality.

Still love Laurine though.

I know its still early in the season but does annyone have any ideas about what music she will be skating to.i could imagine her do something lovely with something like fix you for her sp and again something understated such as la la land/the greatest showman theme for her free.I think softer style shows laurine at her best,without the gimmicks such as greece and that awful marilyn monroe programme..just hope they leave that shtick behind and create programmes more aligned with her beautifil experience short programme.she has the potential to deliver something special..and im hoping that this upcoming season will set the ball running for a good compeitive fight from laurine to reclaim the french no1 lady.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I know its still early in the season but does annyone have any ideas about what music she will be skating to.i could imagine her do something lovely with something like fix you for her sp and again something understated such as la la land/the greatest showman theme for her free.I think softer style shows laurine at her best,without the gimmicks such as greece and that awful marilyn monroe programme..just hope they leave that shtick behind and create programmes more aligned with her beautifil experience short programme.she has the potential to deliver something special..and im hoping that this upcoming season will set the ball running for a good compeitive fight from laurine to reclaim the french no1 lady.
The creativity and power of the "Experience" program was so personal, singular and unforgettable. I hope she will keep going in that direction too! She has great depth as a performer. Definitely hope she can use it to her advantage this season. Can't wait to see what she does. Vas-y Laurine !

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The creativity and power of the "Experience" program was so personal, singular and unforgettable. I hope she will keep going in that direction too! She has great depth as a performer. Definitely hope she can use it to her advantage this season. Can't wait to see what she does. Vas-y Laurine !

Me too. Einaudi was a great choice for her; the music really teamed well with her style of movement. I could see her skating to something by Olafur Aralds, too (he wrote the Broadchurch soundtrack for TV among other things) or even the score from The Phantom Thread.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Looking forward to watching Laurine at Skate America and Internationaux de France this year! Fingers crossed for two gorgeous new programs after such a great finish to last season at Worlds.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is Laurine Kori's only senior student now that Jason has left?

No. Courtney Hicks just switched to Kori in recent months. She also coaches Jordan Moeller, who hasn’t been on the GP, but on the International Selection Pool and done a few senior bs.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I've finally just gotten around to watching Laurine's performances at Coupe du Printemps, and she's started doing tanos on some of her jumps. Didn't see that coming.

greig

Rinkside
Still no news on what laurines programmes will be for the new season guys?So wish she had activity on social media,but i guess it adds to her enigma!😋

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No, and if she doesn't do an early Challenger we'll have to wait until French Masters in September to find out! I'm holding out hopes for the US International though...

But since we've got no actual information, how about some wishful thinking? What music would you love to see Laurine skate to? I'm currently listening to Florence + the Machine's latest album and thought something like 'Sky Full of Song' or 'Hunger' would suit her really well. :luv17:

greig

Rinkside
No, and if she doesn't do an early Challenger we'll have to wait until French Masters in September to find out! I'm holding out hopes for the US International though...

But since we've got no actual information, how about some wishful thinking? What music would you love to see Laurine skate to? I'm currently listening to Florence + the Machine's latest album and thought something like 'Sky Full of Song' or 'Hunger' would suit her really well. :luv17:

Could totally see her skate to something from florence and the machine. Cosmic love instrumental would make for a lovely backdrop for her skating.I do hope though that this season we see a long programme that will really play to her strenghts.She screwed herself over last season with her marilyn programme..but her summer of 42 sp was lush imo so im hoping for something along those lines from laurine again.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ooooh, Cosmic Love would be gorgeous for her!

The Marilyn programme was bad timing, I think. It was originally something she was thinking of before choosing Grease in 16-17, according to an old interview, and even then it might have been okay. A few years ago, nobody would have done more than giggle and call it voidy. But now it was just out of step with the times. It's a shame, because she obviously loved it and wanted to make it work, and from a strictly choreographic perspective it was a good programme. But I'm sure this season she, Kori and Rohene will come up with something new and great.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
It looks as though Laurine won't do an early Challenger. Haven't seen her name in any of the entry lists. Can't wait to find out what she's got in store for this season!

The FFSG's Masters de Patinage will be 27 - 29 September. :)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It looks as though Laurine won't do an early Challenger. Haven't seen her name in any of the entry lists. Can't wait to find out what she's got in store for this season!

The FFSG's Masters de Patinage will be 27 - 29 September. :)

It looks like she's taken up Gabriella and Guillaume's habit of early season secrecy! :laugh: I'm looking forward to the Masters de Patinage even more knowing that it's where we'll get the first glimpse of her programs.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I saw that there's an interview with Laurine in the new August 2018 edition of PATINAGE MAGAZINE. Cool! Does anyone have a copy? I can't find it online. I'd be happy to translate if I could get ahold of it.