Laurine Lecavelier | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Amazing performance! It was solid and beautiful but I think she was robbed in terms of PCS. 28?! Seriously?! That program deserved at least 30! But 5th place is a great result on Europeans full of Russian girls and with presence of Carolina. I was watching her with my friends and they were surprised they didn't know about her so she probably got some new fans today :love:

Pika

Final Flight
Laurine was beautiful ! I also thought she was under rated. But anyway, the performance was superb, hoping a great FS !

daphenaxa

Record Breaker
Amazing SP today!!! loved it. She was robbed! I hope she can skate as well in the free. Top 5 at Euros would be a wonderful result!

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
And Top 5 it is! With the 4th FS!
Our Sandy ROCKED IT.
I wish her good health and good luck for the next competitions.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Laurine the Saviour! :bow: absolute Highlight of yesterday's Ladies FS!

Plumededragon

Medalist
I really love how many people LOVED how she changed costumes in the middle of the FP, lol! :laugh: She really had it right with this trick. ;)

I love how Laurine gained confidence. She's such a gorgeous skater with two different types of program, one emotional and one fun. One very good competition for her, even if I agree with many people saying her scores were too low in both SP and FP. But I trust if she remains consistent and keeps on improving, she'll get there. Go Laurine! :cheer:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I don't know why she reminds me Vanessa Gusmeroli..

Last edited:

deedee1

Record Breaker
And Top 5 it is! With the 4th FS!
Our Sandy ROCKED IT.
I wish her good health and good luck for the next competitions.

:rock: tbh I've never thought of anyone except Carolina can beat one of top Russian girls at Euro. :rock:
Many congrats to Laurine and her team! :yahoo:

deedee1

Record Breaker
I don't know why she reminds me Vanessa Gusmeroli..

I agree. :) And she's like a younger sister of Nathalie Pechalat, who is the most charming and sweetest ice dancer ever to me, and to my husband. ;) Whenever I go to competitions he always comes with me, so IIRC he saw Laurine at least twice at World Team Trophy, but didn't pay much attention to her tbh. However, all of sudden he fell in love with Laurine when he saw her costume changing in the middle of her Grease FS at GP in France on TV. :biggrin:

As for costume changing, whoes idea is it btw? Anyone knows?

beki

Medalist
I didn't notice her until the short program at TDF, where she was a revelation. That transition into the lutz! Who else could even do that? If she hits her content consistently, how is she behind the Russians in skill and charm, other than reputation ;)

Hopefully her confidence and consistency continue to build and push her scores up.

bartlebooth

Record Breaker
I agree. :) And she's like a younger sister of Nathalie Pechalat, who is the most charming and sweetest ice dancer ever to me, and to my husband. ;) Whenever I go to competitions he always comes with me, so IIRC he saw Laurine at least twice at World Team Trophy, but didn't pay much attention to her tbh. However, all of sudden he fell in love with Laurine when he saw her costume changing in the middle of her Grease FS at GP in France on TV. :biggrin:
As for costume changing, whoes idea is it btw? Anyone knows?

Her coreographer is Fabian Bourzat, and he and Péchalat have had their share of costume changes in competitive programs. So it might have been his idea.

Last edited:

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Laurine was awesome in Ostrava, I especially liked her exhibition skate. :luv17: Congrats on 5th place, hopefully this is forerunner for even better things to come.

Last edited:

lappo

Final Flight
I really enjoyed Laurine in Ostrava and I really like that her programs shows two different sides of her. Her LP was really funny and managed to grab the audience's attention. Slay, Laurine!

NordEsque

On the Ice
Bit sad for Laurine for her WC, the Swedish commentators were rooting for her - they are sure she will come back stronger though and I agree. It is amazing how she has improved this last season. I'm going to miss both her programs, love her fun Grease free skate (and I'm not a huge fan of Grease) and I am a bit upset (in a good way I guess) that I will probably never see her absolutely BEAUTIFUL short again (plz Laurine make it your short next season or an ex).

Bit quiet and empty here, but I still wanted to express my emotions somewhere ;)

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Bit sad for Laurine for her WC, the Swedish commentators were rooting for her - they are sure she will come back stronger though and I agree. It is amazing how she has improved this last season. I'm going to miss both her programs, love her fun Grease free skate (and I'm not a huge fan of Grease) and I am a bit upset (in a good way I guess) that I will probably never see her absolutely BEAUTIFUL short again (plz Laurine make it your short next season or an ex).

Laurine should be on Team France for World Team Trophy in about 3 weeks from now.