Laurine Lecavelier | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Laurine Lecavelier

Flagstaff

Rinkside
You have misunderstood me, as I wasn't coming from a place of judgement but rather worry. I stand by my comment but I don't want to argue. And besides, we all want the best for Laurine. :)

There is really nothing to worry about, believe me (or not if you don't want to ;) )

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just saw that Laurine will be representing France at the World Championships! Looking forward to it and hoping she'll have the skate of her season. :)

sakurano

Final Flight
I am glad she is the opportunity to get back her beautiful programs, good luck Laurine

likevelvet

#Bless this mess
On the Ice
Country
United-States
Not really; she apparently developed a tendon injury during training at the Olympic Games. Just when she'd got her knee sorted out, too...poor Mae!

Poor Mae! Excited to see Laurine at Worlds, but I didn't even know Mae was injured in the first place, guess I've been out of touch :( I hope it gets better soon and that both my girls can have amazing seasons next year

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Not really; she apparently developed a tendon injury during training at the Olympic Games. Just when she'd got her knee sorted out, too...poor Mae!
I saw that Maé'd been wearing a knee brace, but I didn't know about the tendon injury. Hope she recovers quickly!

VenusHalley

Final Flight

nuuuuuuu.

Maybe that would explain she hasn't been at her best at the Olympics?

greig

Rinkside
Delighted to hear laurine will be at worlds this year..hopefully she has a good placing here and ends her season on a high note.fingers crossed for her.😊

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The entry list for the Coupe du Printemps has been published, and Laurine will be skating there for France along with Lea Serna and Sandra Ramond! Skaters often use the Coupe du Printemps as a warm-up for Worlds, and I'm happy to see that Laurine will get the chance to do so before coming back to the big stage in Milan. Wishing her all the best. :)

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Laurine skated beautifully today at Coupe du Printemps in Luxembourg. I think she would have been in third had it not been for the 3-2 combination instead of her usual 3-3. But it's great that she went clean! Her spins were so gorgeous. Here is the video of her SP: https://youtu.be/iN-GhvlL0GY

greig

Rinkside
Laurine skated beautifully today at Coupe du Printemps in Luxembourg. I think she would have been in third had it not been for the 3-2 combination instead of her usual 3-3. But it's great that she went clean! Her spins were so gorgeous. Here is the video of her SP: https://youtu.be/iN-GhvlL0GY

Agreed she was fab today.Loved her tano aswell with the lutz😍So glad to see her go clean .I think she could have easily got the tripple tripple out but none the less a joy to watch as usual.Hope it gives her a confidence boost to skate a good long programme tomorrow and that she can go into worlds with a renewed confidence after a rocky season.fingers crossed😊😊

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Thanks for the link! I looked a while ago but couldn't find the video, I must have been too early.

She did do a beautiful job there - very light and graceful, and yes, those spins are so lovely! She's looking much more secure in her jumps now too, both in the air and when landing, even if the leap out of the double axel isn't there any more (maybe it will be back at Worlds, I hope so because I love it and it's so very her). I read somewhere that it's supposed to take nine to eighteen months for the effects of a coaching change to show in a skater's work, which makes a lot of sense to me - there's no such thing as a quick fix for anything! But it looks like that period has started for Laurine jumps-wise - her axis on all the jumps was really good and the tano on the solo jump bespeaks a lot of confidence, and if switching to a 3-2 combination for a while is what she needs to feel confident about going clean then it's the right thing to do, because it's working. The 3-3 will be back when she's ready, I'm sure. :)

And maybe it will bring that rumoured 3A with it, because you can really see how fast Laurine rotates her jumps in this, even if the camera angle isn't the best, and that 2A was solid as a rock. I'm absolutely sure she'll be able to do a 3A on competition ice if she decides to try, and it would be wonderful for her to be the first Frenchwoman to do one in competition.

Onward and upward to the FS, Laurine! :hap10:

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
Thanks for the link! I looked a while ago but couldn't find the video, I must have been too early.

She did do a beautiful job there - very light and graceful, and yes, those spins are so lovely! She's looking much more secure in her jumps now too, both in the air and when landing, even if the leap out of the double axel isn't there any more (maybe it will be back at Worlds, I hope so because I love it and it's so very her). I read somewhere that it's supposed to take nine to eighteen months for the effects of a coaching change to show in a skater's work, which makes a lot of sense to me - there's no such thing as a quick fix for anything! But it looks like that period has started for Laurine jumps-wise - her axis on all the jumps was really good and the tano on the solo jump bespeaks a lot of confidence, and if switching to a 3-2 combination for a while is what she needs to feel confident about going clean then it's the right thing to do, because it's working. The 3-3 will be back when she's ready, I'm sure. :)

And maybe it will bring that rumoured 3A with it, because you can really see how fast Laurine rotates her jumps in this, even if the camera angle isn't the best, and that 2A was solid as a rock. I'm absolutely sure she'll be able to do a 3A on competition ice if she decides to try, and it would be wonderful for her to be the first Frenchwoman to do one in competition.

Onward and upward to the FS, Laurine! :hap10:
So true about the improvement on axis! I was also really excited to see the tano. My fingers are crossed for the 3A as well. I couldn't tell if she was planning the 3-2 or if it was a pop, ie it looked beautiful either way. ;) Hoping for her to have a strong showing in the FS on Sunday, and most importantly a lot of confidence going into World's next week!!!

sakurano

Final Flight
This is a good performance for Laurine despite some small errors. Hope it will restore confidence for next week