Dabin Choi | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Dabin Choi

rikaquegira

On the Ice
Dabin certainly showed some nerves of steel yesterday! And her coach crying was so beautiful! She did well! Congrats! I hope she keep up the vibe! [emoji173]️

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I felt she was underscored in PCS. 28 is ridiculous. She skated beautifully :luv17:

Proxy

On the Ice
Bump, but Dabin is the last program of the second-to-last group in the SP! Hoping this will help her PCS. She's been so consistent so I'm not worried about mistakes, mostly about the scoring. :sarcasm:

I think you meant to say that she is in the 2nd to last group in the Olympics free skate. 8th place!

I noticed Yuna's coach was also coaching her in the kiss and cry. I missed her skate though I will have to watch it on the replay later tonight.

sakurano

Final Flight
I'm happy for Dabin Choi she made a good performance in front of her audience I hope she will stay in the top 10
:love:

Warwick360

Medalist
Really happy with Dabin's performance. I hope either her or her compatriot can get into the top 10 in the Worlds and get the two spots back again for next year.

Really love how Dabin's been holding the fort in Yuna's absence. :points:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Really happy with Dabin's performance. I hope either her or her compatriot can get into the top 10 in the Worlds and get the two spots back again for next year.

Really love how Dabin's been holding the fort in Yuna's absence. :points:

I'm sure she can do it! Looking forward to the gala :)

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
I just love love her hanbok inspired dress for the Arirang EX. :love: The korean ladies are so well dresses, and Dabin's costumes this year is perfect. Would love to see her skate to Arirang Rhapsody as a SP or LP. Looking forward to see her development the next season, she did a really good job this year, especially since it was such a tough season for her with injury and all.

Proxy

On the Ice
Besides Yuna, Dabin had the best placement (7th) for South Korea in Olympic figure skating history. The previous best was 17th.

Great job Dabin!

QuadSal

On the Ice
I think it varies between skaters and their funding, if they have enough money themselves or get a good amount of funding from their sponsors/federation they can probably afford a few more pairs, like one main one and couple of broken in pairs for back-up if they brought it in their luggage. However it could be that she thought her pair was fine or didn't buy/bring a pair with her due to baggage restrictions.

annemn

Rinkside
I think it varies between skaters and their funding, if they have enough money themselves or get a good amount of funding from their sponsors/federation they can probably afford a few more pairs, like one main one and couple of broken in pairs for back-up if they brought it in their luggage. However it could be that she thought her pair was fine or didn't buy/bring a pair with her due to baggage restrictions.

Oh jeez, I hadn't even considered something like baggage restrictions. You're absolutely right.

I'm so glad she's not trying to skate on an inadequately-taped boot, but I'm still so sad for her...

sakurano

Final Flight
It's a shame that she leaves the competition for a skating problem, but she was right above all, I'm already looking forward to seeing her new programs, thank you Da bin for this great season.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Oh no! Dabin apparently had to withdraw from Worlds before the FS because her right skating boot broke. :(

https://twitter.com/ISU_Figure/status/977137090659012608

Maybe this is a silly question - but don't skaters usually have backups for just this reason? Or am I overestimating the funding for such things?

They do, usually! Mirai mentioned how she always has two pairs of boots with her. I think Korean skaters just don't have that kind of money unless they are already really wealthy or Yuna. :(

Izabela

On the Ice
They do, usually! Mirai mentioned how she always has two pairs of boots with her. I think Korean skaters just don't have that kind of money unless they are already really wealthy or Yuna. :(

I’m so ignorant about how this works and thought that KSU at least provides their skaters enough funds to buy their equipment. I’m really saddened about this.

Give Dabin all the advertisement!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Honestly, this is really sad reason why she has to withdraw :(
I wish her the best for the next competitions.